backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 hour ago, Mad Zero said:

The postman brought me a parcel in 2015 and I still haven’t opened it. True story! 

Do you still know what's inside the parcel?

13 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

Do you still know what's inside the parcel?

Yes it’s a 1970s Mardave Stockcar for restoration.

Bit of a tale.. I’d put an add up for one in the trades and a non-member from the Netherlands saw it & messaged me to ask if it was what I wanted, I said that it was and asked him for a price but he insisted it was free so I sent him the postage and it duly arrived. I thanked him but explained I wasn’t going to undo it right now (2015) as I would soon be moving house and would let him know when I did. I imagine he will be  very surprised when I eventually do open it and let him know! :lol:

• Like 1

YR Aluminium Essentials kit for TT-02 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR build.

Super Hotshot plated wheels for Top Force build.

20210902_123735.jpg

• Like 2

Got this from Speedi Models, M06 number two.

Would have preferred this on the M02 (but also want the Fiat Abarth Berlina on that chassis too) as I would like to get the VW bus on the M06...

And now there's the Europa on the M06...

There goes my wish of not having too many of the one chassis 😏 

GGEpk8H.jpg

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Albert Attaboy said:

My first Kyosho and oh my word :wub:

IMG_20210902_153908_970.jpg

Great choice!!!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Albert Attaboy said:

My first Kyosho and oh my word :wub:

IMG_20210902_153908_970.jpg

Very nice indeed! @Mad Ax has one of these and there is a decent thread as well that is well worth a read 👍 I think @Raman36 has recently bought one too. 

• Thanks 1

Possibly the least exciting post in this entire thread but hey, they did turn up today. Rears are also on the way but from a different supplier.

There's not a lot of love for Tamiya's Star-Dish wheels but I actually rate them highly. It could be a nostalgic hangover from my Top Force/TFE days, who knows?

I'm not sold on the Super Avante (yet?) but I think these blue wheels (although they look purple in my pic they're actually navy blue) would suit the boxart paint job far better than the terrible fluro yellow ones.

54681_Blue_Star-Dish_Fronts.jpg

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Very nice indeed! @Mad Ax has one of these and there is a decent thread as well that is well worth a read 👍 I think @Raman36 has recently bought one too. 

hmm, I don't have one of these, although I kinda like them :)   Someone here does have one though, and a good thread it is, but for the life of me I can't remember who.  I've tried searching but the 1st page doesn't show any results.  A deeper search may be required 

23 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

hmm, I don't have one of these, although I kinda like them :)   Someone here does have one though, and a good thread it is, but for the life of me I can't remember who.  I've tried searching but the 1st page doesn't show any results.  A deeper search may be required 

Ahh my mistake, I thought it was a you with the tyre mark trails in the photo. 

Ok I know the OP, @ChrisRx718 then? 

Had my eyes on one of these for a while, really looking forward to getting into the body on it, originally I intended it to be totally box art, however I found some metallic purple, green and blue so that’s what it’s going to be!

73008646-B39D-4FE7-B85D-F8E2C71C3A77.jpeg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Ahh my mistake, I though it was a you with the tyre mark trails in the photo. 

Ok I know the OP, @ChrisRx718 then? 

Yes

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2021 at 12:53 AM, berman said:

Would have preferred this on the M02 (but also want the Fiat Abarth Berlina on that chassis too) as I would like to get the VW bus on the M06...

GGEpk8H.jpg

The only m06 I have is the MX5 body version.

but I’m fond of the chassis 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

The only m06 I have is the MX5 body version.

but I’m fond of the chassis 

It is a nice chassis. Quite unique in that it is RR and a north/south battery layout. 

Played postie and went and got these for the Alpine, but I really need to finish the other Renault before I start this...

eGFgw2j.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/2/2021 at 5:53 PM, berman said:

GGEpk8H.jpg

I'm glad you bought it.  It had been bothering me sitting there in stock.  I might've been tempted to do something stupid like buy it.  ;)

• Haha 4

Got this today. Searched everywhere I could to find small joint bearings to fix an old hop-up. Settled on a larger size and made do. Then spotted these. Now I can restore it to its original form.

spacer.png

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Blista said:

I'm glad you bought it.  It had been bothering me sitting there in stock.  I might've been tempted to do something stupid like buy it.  ;)

Hahaha. I noticed it about 4 weeks ago, but already had money tied up elsewhere and had to put buying it on hold, I was hoping it wasn't going to go! There is something else at Speedi that I wouldn't mind, but I already have one of those and two on that chassis. 😬

Plus, there is NIB m-chassis on ebay I wouldn't mind...

And I now have seconds of the M01, M02, M04, M05, and M06... my OCD says it would be rude not to buy a second M03...

Also... there is some good priced R and Pro versions on ebay... 

And I've had a Carten 210R and Sakura M4 in my ebay watch list for a while...  

No, I don't think I have a problem...:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Juhunio said:

These beauties 

spacer.png

Love mine, I got those angled ones by accident (picked up the wrong packet) when I was after the straight ones. Awesome for when you don't have 3 hands as well.

2 hours ago, berman said:

Hahaha. I noticed it about 4 weeks ago, but already had money tied up elsewhere and had to put buying it on hold, I was hoping it wasn't going to go! There is something else at Speedi that I wouldn't mind, but I already have one of those and two on that chassis. 😬

Only four weeks?  I think I've been looking at it for half a year.  That's what it feels like at least.  :D

I think I know which other one you're also talking about.  If you could buy that as well, you'd save me the trouble of watching that one too.

@Blista

Well you have more self constraint than I do. :mellow:

I don't need that other one...

"Need..."

• Like 2