backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

My bargain eBay buy turned up today, very pleased. Been eyeing up the 1/10 CEN HL150 Solid Axle monster truck, RRP is around £280. Grabbed this off eBay for £125 it was new sealed in box never opened!! Pleasantly surprised and surprised at how much you get for the money and the quality of the parts is brilliant.

IMG_20210923_182703.jpg

• Like 6

A welcome sight on the kitchen counter to greet me  this morning from Tamico, in between night shifts,

B626481E-F83C-491E-81CA-BEE91C75DE43.jpg

Excellent service from them, feels like I’ve got a second wind now for the next two nights before I can have a good look at it 😁

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Just boring stuff.

IMG_20210924_165524.jpg

I have been only using Futaba receivers/transmitters. The price of the Flysky alternatives are quite attractive and I'm tempted to switch over. Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea?

@OoALEJOoO yeah, I use both Futaba and Flysky having a 4PL and GT3B respectively. I use the Flysky for most stuff because, as you say, it's very affordable. I have had no issues at all with their gear. I used to be exclusively Futaba but it gets expensive so now I will reserve the brand for the more "special" cars that I really care about like TF Evo, Egress and Super Astute.

New 934 body and body parts, along with corresponding paint for a Vaillant, I already have the decals. Coincidently they arrived within 30 mins of each other even though they were purchased on different days and one came from the UK and the other locally here in NZ.

The box with the body from the UK was destroyed in transit and to be honest, the contents weren't protected very well, the body has a hard (indelible) crease as a result 😬😥, it's on the front bumper and I'm thinking it can be covered by the grill decal so possibly recoverable.

934_Body_Paint.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

New 934 body and body parts, along with corresponding paint for a Vaillant, I already have the decals. Coincidently they arrived within 30 mins of each other even though they were purchased on different days and one came from the UK and the other locally here in NZ.

The box with the body from the UK was destroyed in transit and to be honest, the contents weren't projected very well, the body has a hard (indelible) crease as a result 😬😥, it's on the front bumper and I'm thinking it can be covered by the grill decal so possibly recoverable.

934_Body_Paint.jpg

creases from bad handling/shipping are ver annoying. my FD3s body that i need to continue to trim and cut was squeezed horizontally. it was packaged well enough but too many heavy items around it. left a crease on center bottom front window... nothing huge but its there. i wasnt planning to use the "rubber seal" stickers but they might help to hide it much better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nel33 said:

creases from bad handling/shipping are ver annoying. my FD3s body that i need to continue to trim and cut was squeezed horizontally. it was packaged well enough but too many heavy items around it. left a crease on center bottom front window... nothing huge but its there.

Yes, and some things you just can "unsee". I was fearing the worst when I saw the box, fortunately it wasn't the worst but still annoying. I'd prefer to buy this stuff locally but I have a 0% chance of picking something like this up at any LHS.

2 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

Yes, and some things you just can "unsee". I was fearing the worst when I saw the box, fortunately it wasn't the worst but still annoying. I'd prefer to buy this stuff locally but I have a 0% chance of picking something like this up at any LHS.

the box i got mine in was visibly deformed too. i thought it would be more damage to the body but i was spared any ugly white crease lines. just a raised window contour. i dont think my LHS had this body shell either so RCmart it was.

14 hours ago, OoALEJOoO said:

I have been only using Futaba receivers/transmitters. The price of the Flysky alternatives are quite attractive and I'm tempted to switch over. Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea?

You can buy receivers that work with futaba for $15. They work just as good. 

13 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

More cars means more Willy’s need hiring. 

IMG_Sep252021at13233PM.jpg.c75a630b325d11033c025fbae6ad9f4c.jpg

Amazon is late with my exhaust tips.. 

You need a lady Willy then you could breed your own little Willys, but I guess you have😊

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

You need a lady Willy then you could breed your own little Willys, but I guess you have😊

If my wife wasn't so busy with work, she was going to make me a helmet-less Willy.  

My wife is a huge manga fan and in her collection there is Lupin the 3rd who the animator was the guy that designed Tamiya's Willy and M38/Willy's Wheeler; she has a good idea what Willy would look like helmetless.  :lol:

• Like 1

2E07ACFE-E8F2-4BEF-90B0-519F0E415B90.thumb.jpeg.40d71bbb84a5da4d852373f6cb71d1e2.jpeg

My impulse purchase (aren’t they all) turned up today. I had planned to use this as a base for a Wild One/FAV hybrid as got no real passion for the military look but now it’s here I think I’m smitten! 

Certainly needs some TLC. Already ordered some replacement parts so looking forward to this Reno wherever it ends up…

• Like 5

Ok, well, how to say that... 22nd RC car is at home. It's complete, but it requires a LOT of work. Rather than be called a car, it should be call a project.

How to describe it: The first of a kind is probably one of the best definition. It's quite rare...

Teaser :
g4NZX6N.jpg

I will create a proper thread in due time...

• Like 1

@GeeWings Nice!!  You have all the right reasons to impulse buy that.   Very cool.

@silvertriple Good luck with the restoration.   It's a lot of fun.   

For me got these nozzles from Amazon..  not making cake.  :lol:

IMG_Sep262021at112649AM.jpg.148a08ad0214f3d48cde8427d85a2396.jpg

• Thanks 1

A "better than boxart" bumper for my Fighting Buggy... although I understand the function, I can't stand the look of the standard SRB bumpers... Tamiya changed it up for the boxart on the Sand Scorcher but then just threw in the towel on the others, thanks for the effort Tamiya. 😂 

I wanted some alloy wheels from a well known seller/manufacturer and was happy with the price but they wanted US$48 for shipping which is BS, the true cost is about US$12 so I said no.

It will go in the box until I'm ready to build.

Fighting_Buggy_Bumper.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_20210927_201651.jpg

Decided I needed some higher capacity and rounded lipo's so grabbed these off eBay. They seem OK and are a little shorter at 133mm compared to 138mm for other similar ones I've seen. Fit everything I've got that is built.

• Like 1

Came back from a week away to this lovely surprise! And a few other bits and bobs ready for my TD-4 and other projects.

56B04A98-2034-4AF4-A4A3-7905BE419726.jpeg

2C60460D-9500-4F76-AFD9-5E118D82DB58.jpeg

• Like 13