backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Can make a start on the GF01 land Cruiser this weekend (as long as the Osteo can sort my neck out)...

1454944033_ScreenShot2021-10-01at9_57_12am.thumb.jpg.930c15f136c2d256ce803349ed70094c.jpg

• Like 2

Bought these on Wednesday night, estimated delivery then said Monday for an overnight delivery (due to backlog from lockdown) so was stoked to see it had arrived today! Now with the paints, I can hopefully finish the Two Ronnie's (sorry, Renault's.. )

umun0Fn.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Three package today! :D

spacer.png

Some cheap clearance Contact wheels I want to use for my SU-01 but turns out they are not hex fittings.

Set of cheap buggy wheels for bashing my Thunder Dragon.

And from PJ.

1/24 Garage display base for my static cars.

2CH wired controller for my tracked arm crawler project although a wireless ESC had already arrived too.

A bunch of Mini 4WD stuff.

• Like 2

I'm blaming @Shodog for this one. But the quality and detail are top notch. Just look at them :wub:

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

All the way from sunny California to the not-so-sunny UK in seven days, with no Customs agita B)

• Like 7

17 hours ago, moffman said:

Never get sick of looking at an avante!

Me too. I always avoid a box art paint job, but I'm considering going with box art on this one.

31 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Oh, and an antenna holder for the TA04 build. Less interesting than the rims, but pretty handy

spacer.png

Is that aluminum?  I like these misc details too.  :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Is that aluminum?  I like these misc details too.  :lol:

Nope, plain old plastic! Did the job though :)

20 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Nope, plain old plastic! Did the job though :)

Nice.  

The postman brought me some spare parts for our DT-01's and the Rising Fighter gifted to our neighbour. His rear tyres are gone already...

MF01.thumb.jpg.ae73fede7f109b69f6c4f773cb8e8098.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Can make a start on the GF01 land Cruiser this weekend (as long as the Osteo can sort my neck out)...

1454944033_ScreenShot2021-10-01at9_57_12am.thumb.jpg.930c15f136c2d256ce803349ed70094c.jpg

Judging from the bottle of Decal Adhesive, you build static scale kits too?  

I've always wondered if decal adhesive is any different from decal softeners like Mark fit of Micro sol.  

5 hours ago, toyolien said:

Me too. I always avoid a box art paint job, but I'm considering going with box art on this one.

Yeah good idea it just looks so right in the blue although I did one in gun metal and it looked as good as the blue with the gold shocks etc but whatever colour you go for it's an avante so it will look cool eather way!

img37842_28072012123033_3_1100_.jpg

img37842_28072012123033_2_1100_.jpg

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, moffman said:

Yeah good idea it just looks so right in the blue although I did one in gun metal and it looked as good as the blue with the gold shocks etc but whatever colour you go for it's an avante so it will look cool eather way!

img37842_28072012123033_3_1100_.jpg

img37842_28072012123033_2_1100_.jpg

Thanks. That looks great. Equally as nice as box art. Will consider that. I won't be opening it until Christmas though...

• Like 1

Just now, toyolien said:

Thanks. That looks great. Equally as nice as box art. Will consider that. I won't be opening it until Christmas though...

Ooh you got some patience! But definitely worth it when its built👍

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

I've always wondered if decal adhesive is any different from decal softeners like Mark fit of Micro sol.  

No, no scale models. I just thought I would try experimenting with this for decals that are tricky to adhere due to uneven surface. I tried to get the Testors clear glass but it’s very hard to find at the moment. 

For what it’s worth; I did look at softener for something else and having read a couple of threads elsewhere it does seem different to adhesive.

2 hours ago, Juggular said:

It is similar to Mr Mark Setter (blue cap) from GSI but not Micro Sol. If you have that one, you will know it is not clear but milky at the bottom, that is the "glue". It needs shaking before using.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

No, no scale models. I just thought I would try experimenting with this for decals that are tricky to adhere due to uneven surface. I tried to get the Testors clear glass but it’s very hard to find at the moment. 

For what it’s worth; I did look at softener for something else and having read a couple of threads elsewhere it does seem different to adhesive.

Unfortunately, that is for decals, as in real water slide decals and is unlikely going to be of much help with stickers used on RC bodies. It soften the decals so that they will settle down on complex surfaces with some added adhesive, but the kind of water soluable adhesive similar to stamps that you lick.

Here is a model done using that solution, helped with the decades old decals.

100744543_4297502936930352_4553578830354186240_n.jpg.408a69372d8ea53035f3a56741cf833b.thumb.jpg.836451e823bf4b54d2892a2082cdd977.jpg 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Juhunio said:

I'm blaming @Shodog for this one. But the quality and detail are top notch. Just look at them :wub:

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

All the way from sunny California to the not-so-sunny UK in seven days, with no Customs agita B)

I was wondering what the black part was and realized my wheels came built with it already installed 

34 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Unfortunately, that is for decals, as in real water slide decals and is unlikely going to be of much help with stickers used on RC bodies. It soften the decals so that they will settle down on complex surfaces with some added adhesive, but the kind of water soluable adhesive similar to stamps that you lick.

Here is a model done using that solution, helped with the decades old decals.

100744543_4297502936930352_4553578830354186240_n.jpg.408a69372d8ea53035f3a56741cf833b.thumb.jpg.836451e823bf4b54d2892a2082cdd977.jpg 

Yes, sorry, I wasn’t clear. I have some water decals that I want to use on a few hard plastic elements of a build I’m planning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

Yes, sorry, I wasn’t clear. I have some water decals that I want to use on a few hard plastic elements of a build I’m planning.

Ah, then it will work. 

got some goodies for the manta and general rc stuff. the rare stuff is for the brushless setup once i figure out which setup i choose. Micheals topforce17 had the highspeed gear set in stock and i had plans to own a set eventually. not going lipo ever but even with nimh it will have more speed.

IMG_4883a.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Juhunio said:

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Droooooooool.

I found this nice lady during my holiday trip for a good price. My first vintage car :wub:, everything are in good condition, no cracking or broken parts.

Now its time to go shopping for parts and paint !

ImlIe5H.jpg

• Like 7

Some Ta03 parts from Japan arrived this morning from ebay. They were only bought and posted on tuesday!!! That's a better turnaround time than most uk deliveries at the moment.

Resized_20211002_134316_7263.jpeg

• Like 4