backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Well, not exactly the postman, as I did fetch those elements myself. That is not exactly what I had in mind when taking the car in the morning, as I was expecting to find a Wild One 58525 kit, but unfortunately, the last one was left, and the website of the shop was not up to date as they are migrating it. They have inventory in the shop, and the shop looks like the shop I where I was going when I was a teenager with shelves full of kits... I will have to go again there at some point this month for sure (had to fetch one order for my son). And the guy from the shop is passionate about vintage rc cars...

As there was no more Wild One in the shop but a few possibilities (there was 3 of 4 of my 2022's wishlist), and I was having wife allowance for a kit, I decided to swap with one of my 2022's choices. And took a Hotshot. I needed few additional element as the intention is not exactly to make it as Tamiya invented it. I went to add some tools to complete my current measuring tools... Ultimately, this is the incoming stuff of the day:
PBA77zF.jpg

Don't expect a thread for this one right away: I do have the Turbo Optima to finish, a Galaxy RS to unbuilt and clean, make a gigantic Marui parts sorting, and probably to unbuilt the Nichimo Spirit FF before I start this project. My intention is to change my build habits to do things in a slightly more custom way, with a build for 3 months rather than one per month since the beginning of the year...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Some Ta03 parts from Japan arrived this morning from ebay. They were only bought and posted on tuesday!!! That's a better turnaround time than most uk deliveries at the moment.

Resized_20211002_134316_7263.jpeg

Come on then show us the goods😉

16 minutes ago, svenb said:

Come on then show us the goods😉

spacer.png

It was a bit spendy for a small piece of cast alloy but wanted one for quite a while.

• Like 4

Not delivered today but I’m giving the TT02T a chance thanks to @vodka selling me their new built version… the 2nd one to make it in to a showroom on the main site :lol:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/userrides.asp?id=1399

next up - also not delivered today but recently - is a new built Sand Viper courtesy of @Jontea which might just get turned in to a Nissan Titan :ph34r: 

• Like 2

Got into the office this morning to find no sticker delivery from MCI :(.

Checked my messages and I had misinterpreted my last message from Royal Mail - it is still sat in Langley. Boo.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@Badcrumble It must be the day for decal disappointments. I had an email to say my much awaited MassDamper decals had arrived. Unfortunately they were delivered to a house in Pasadena, some 13,000km from my home in Australia 😳

• Sad 2

spacer.png

Top Force body/wing set and carbon chassis kit

Novafox body/wing set

XV-01 and some spares/hop-ups for same.

Love that Impreza model.

Courtesy Super-Rajikon in Japan via my father-in-law.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_Oct52021at91958AM.jpg.8f7155e9ea14872bab2e391f11686530.jpg

For my GF01. 

They look great, I put mine on yesterday. You definitely need the inserts though. They feel like a waterbed otherwise 😆

7 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

They look great, I put mine on yesterday. You definitely need the inserts though. They feel like a waterbed otherwise 😆

Thanks, I posted a picture in the picture-only thread.  It looks cool.   Will work on the car after I finish Billy’s Beetle and assemble the other GF01TR .. 

57 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks, I posted a picture in the picture-only thread.  It looks cool.   Will work on the car after I finish Billy’s Beetle and assemble the other GF01TR .. 

Yes, they are great. Just waiting for new paint to arrive before I can finish mine up. Also need to find a chrome front bumper and the YR wheelie Bar to complete the look!

35 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Yes, they are great. Just waiting for new paint to arrive before I can finish mine up. Also need to find a chrome front bumper and the YR wheelie Bar to complete the look!

You like that blue I take it!    Here's my YeahRacing un-wheelie bar blue..  well, at one time it was blue.

IMG_Sep272021at123553PM.jpg.ea6865068f582fcfce4c5f55ca1ac6ed.jpg

:lol:

Some bits and pieces from China and Japan, its the first time I've used Hobby Link Japan and, except for some niggles, I quite like their system and prices... they allow you to order stuff and queue it up in your "private warehouse" so you can secure the goods but also batch stuff up over time for more cost effective shipping. As a result of their system some of the shipping costs aren't entirely transparent but I emailed them about this and got a quick and helpful reply that also said that I was not committed to paying for the product (even if it was in "my" warehouse) if I wasn't happy with the shipping costs... that alleviated any of my concerns. They also sent the small parts in perhaps the best packaging I have ever seen for such items, there was 0% possibility of damage in carriage.

On the right of the pic I ordered 4 black work stands from AliExpress for almost nothing (and promptly forgot about them) and they arrived in NZ less than 10 days later. I'm going to use these for some of my display buggies to keep them off their tyres.

Mo_Bits.jpg

• Like 4

I haven't been a member of the forum long, so I haven't really documented stuff as it has come in. I ended up grabbing pictures of the more significant items I've received over the past few months.

First up is a handful of M-chassis.

51559592550_1ba9812be3_c.jpg

51559359364_4805f4220d_c.jpg

The M05 is very well equipped.

51558668716_162e3bc657_c.jpg

Next up is some TA02T's. I had been dying for one of these since the late 90's. I got into racing touring cars which took all of my time and money, so they didn't happen until recently.

51558902308_4ecdc588c5_c.jpg

51558669231_641b704dbc_c.jpg

The uglier one has some cracked and broken parts, but I have most of them in a box waiting for the rebuild.

Next is one of my favorites: the TA03R.

51557877907_ce5eee4379_c.jpg

I grabbed this one when I saw it had the aluminum motor heat sink and the shocks. I didn't know it had the one-way differential and torque splitter until it came in. I was going to convert it to an RS, but decided against it once it came in.

And onto the kits. Tower Hobbies is running the "Save 50 on orders over 250" if you're a super saver member. I signed up just for that purpose.

51559594105_520e19b93c_c.jpg

Please pardon some of the photo quality. I recently bought a decent DSLR, and am learning how to use it. I'm also dealing with very mediocre lighting until I get my work space set up better.

• Like 7

Nice ta03! Wide rear axle kit, carbon stabilizer bar, rear stabilizer, Alu kingpins,..... I wonder if these dampers are 53155 or  49070? I guess the first... pretty. Ta02t must be tons of fun too! 

• Like 1

Paint arrived today for my next project. Definilty love that red and nato black.

TJiiRmd.jpg?1

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GermanTA03Guy said:

Nice ta03! Wide rear axle kit, carbon stabilizer bar, rear stabilizer, Alu kingpins,..... I wonder if these dampers are 53155 or  49070? I guess the first... pretty. Ta02t must be tons of fun too! 

The ball diff in the rear was another added bonus. I was surprised that it didn't have the Pro gears in it. I'm not sure which dampers they are.They are beautifully smooth though.

Today's haul will likely be the last big haul I get for a while. I have some parts on the way, but probably no cars or kits for at least a month. That's probably for the better.

I nabbed an old TA02 that looks like it was sitting in a basement for years. I paid a decent price for it, but was really happy to get the B&R Bullet motor and Novak T4 speed control. I'm not sure if it works as of yet. It doesn't need much as far as I can tell.

51562762083_05a248b4be_c.jpg

I also got an FF02 roller. This is the first FWD touring car I've ever owned.

51563443975_5647390634_c.jpg

Growing up, I've only used pistol grip radios. My girlfriend is left handed, and has had interest in a stick radio. Being in the states, stick radios aren't very common, so I grabbed an old one that needs love and lets me use some of my old receivers.

51561730237_3957a26395_c.jpg

• Like 4