backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Some Cross aluminum c-hubs and knuckles for the M02, from a very nice gentleman I met on FB marketplace (shipped all the way from Mexico!):

20211027_085741.jpg

JC Racing 2.2 inch wheels and tires. There's a funny story behind this one. I made this order 4 days ago, so I was naturally surprized when it showed up yesterday (shipping from the UK to KSA typically takes weeks). I later realized that THIS was the order I made in July; I just happened to have made the exact same order 4 days ago as well, having forgotten about the July orderĀ :lol::

20211027_085554.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Big delivery today making up of 5 packages.Ā 

spacer.png

First, the boring bits:

From HMPO, my girl's new passport, the first blue real passport in the family.Ā 

From Amazon, a RTA for a new tank I got when I was down in London recently.Ā 

Now with the boring bits out of the way...Ā 

From Aliexpress China, lights, including a set for the upcoming Holiday Buggy build.Ā 

From Motorsports, Absima 18T Eco Trust motor for the TT01 but discovered yesterday that the car got a cracked drive cup. Also, 2 sets each of 10T and 19T (32dp and 0.8mod) pinions for the HB. I had made the mistake of ordering 5mm pinions and then have to wait more for right ones to arrive so I double down on the orders, just in case.Ā 

Finally, from PJ, set 4 of the rere of the Great Emperor set, containing the bodies of Dash-001 and Dash-3. Tamiya Lightly Tuned motor possible upgrade for the HB if the 380ST don't work out, Gear Diff Putty as a replacement for hot glued diff (that may have broken the drive cup on my TT01?) and a high torque servo saver from ABC Hobby (as Tamiya's 51000 is sold out on the day of order) that is slightly cheaper than Tamiya's so I am giving it a try. And lastly, a set of medium damper oil. All I had so far was the soft yellow ones.Ā 

• Like 2

All the stuff the postie brought while I was sleeping...

IMG-20211030-084008.jpg

Oh, and it's becoming increasingly apparent that my acquisitions are on the verge of exceeding my capacity to store them under current arrangements.Ā 

• Like 3

Not Tamiya, but something different to get me out of RC funk.Ā 

ZMatN7A.jpg

It should turn out like below if everything goes right. The big blue yonder isn't my field of dreams, so I don't know how it would go. (Does the rotor need to tilt leftĀ if I wanted to turn left?)Ā 

GEO2NWP.jpg

I know it could workĀ because I saw it flying in Mad Max 2!Ā (40 years ago?!)Ā Ā 

s4u5Qfx.jpg

Or... maybe it didn't fly at all...? (I'm getting a sense of doom)Ā 

NVj2bFf.jpg

Ā 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Juggular said:

Not Tamiya, but something different to get me out of RC funk.Ā 

ZMatN7A.jpg

It should turn out like below if everything goes right. The big blue yonder isn't my field of dreams, so I don't know how it would go. (Does the rotor need to tilt leftĀ if I wanted to turn left?)Ā 

GEO2NWP.jpg

I know it could workĀ because I saw it flying in Mad Max 2!Ā (40 years ago?!)Ā Ā 

s4u5Qfx.jpg

Or... maybe it didn't fly at all...? (I'm getting a sense of doom)Ā 

NVj2bFf.jpg

Ā 

That is really cool, Iā€™ve loved Autogyros ever since little Nellie. I think the rotor head only tilts fore and aft to increase/decrease lift along with throttle. The rudder looks as if itā€™s controlled by a servo so that will give you left and right. What make is it. Iā€™ve never had much luck with rcĀ planes but the inherent stability of the Autogyro might be what I need. Ken Wallis used to fly them hands off!!

Ā 

On 10/27/2021 at 8:46 AM, Sgt.Speirs said:

The postman brought me a TA03F Pro (planned as a runner - only the chassis) with a few hop-up parts for my TA03F Pro DJ edition.

spacer.png

I like your postmanĀ :)

• Haha 1

We've been away for a week or so in deepest darkest dampest half-termest North Wales, so there were a few postie parcels waiting for me when we got back earlier...

Final pieces of the TA04-RR jigsaw from New Zealand

spacer.png

Kingpins and servo mounts for the TA02s and an incomingĀ TA03

spacer.png

A couple of tasty TA03 and TA06 bits from Singapore

spacer.png

Two Plaza Japan drops, containing (1) parts for the TA03

spacer.png

.... (2) some TA06 bling

spacer.png

And (3) some more 04 mod pinion options,Ā short adjusters to fashion adjustable upper arms for the TA02, and suspension shafts to replace screw pins in the TA03 and TA04 builds. And a rubber, obvs!

spacer.png

Plenty to keep me busy through the long winter months aheadĀ :)

• Like 7

Very exiting stuff that i bought after a tip on this forum, i sense s lot of likes on this one ;):spacer.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Ā 

Ā 

.... (2) some TA06 bling

spacer.png

Ā 

A fellow ta06 fan eh!?

I love mine,hopped one up a lot and would have to check but I'm sure it was 87 hop ups šŸ˜³

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Busdriver said:

That is really cool, Iā€™ve loved Autogyros ever since little Nellie. I think the rotor head only tilts fore and aft to increase/decrease lift along with throttle. The rudder looks as if itā€™s controlled by a servo so that will give you left and right. What make is it. Iā€™ve never had much luck with rcĀ planes but the inherent stability of the Autogyro might be what I need. Ken Wallis used to fly them hands off!!

Ā 

The only thing I've learned is that the rotor needs to be hand-spun like 200RPM. Otherwise, it will take forever to take off.Ā  What I got isĀ this one:Ā 

https://www.banggood.com/New-Luobo-V2S-Dual-Operation-Autogyro-Gyroplane-Airplane-Model-KIT-p-1098393.html?akmClientCountry=America&cur_warehouse=CN

Of course, you'd needĀ  three 9g light weight servos, out runner motor, ESC, 3S battery, etc.Ā Ā 

If you can find a combo set for motor-ESC-prop, that's the cheapest way. But I don't know much about props and out runners.Ā 

https://www.banggood.com/A2212-1000KV-or-1400KV-or-2200KV-Brushless-Motor+40A-ESC+SG90-9g-Servo+8060-or-6035-Propeller-RC-Power-Combo-System-for-RC-Airplane-Fixed-Wing-p-1827045.html?currency=USD&utm_source=rtbhouse&utm_medium=cpc_brand&utm_content=all&utm_campaign=rtb-toys-and-hobbies-all-en&cur_warehouse=CN&ID=6304610Ā  (I tried to find a combo like thisĀ and save myself $30!Ā  I find it only now...)Ā Ā 

And I got a 6CH Flysky.Ā Ā 

KCnE2eT.jpg

Ā 

• Like 2

uh... got a magnetic body post...

When they say "1PC" but shows you a set of 4?Ā  They mean just 1 post, not 1Ā set.Ā  $9x4= would be $36!Ā Ā 

What am I going to do with just one?Ā  Put it on my fly zipper and stick to the belt buckle so it won't come down or something?Ā Ā 

Ā IcbpwDi.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, simalarion said:

@JuggularĀ Wow that RC dog of yours looks real!, does it have a Hop-Up DogBone?

Lol... that was clever. We named him Kong, so that he can grow up to be big and strong.Ā  After 8 years, I think it's safe to say he failed to achieve that. But we love him nonetheless.Ā 

Ā 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, svenb said:

A fellow ta06 fan eh!?

I love mine,hopped one up a lot and would have to check but I'm sure it was 87 hop ups šŸ˜³

Yowzer!! 87 šŸ˜²

Iā€™ve a few more on the way (and a TA06!!) but donā€™t think Iā€™ll get anywhere near 87ā€¦

ā€¦but Iā€™ll give it a lash šŸ˜‚

10 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Final pieces of the TA04-RR jigsaw from New Zealand

To be honest I find it quite incredible that you're actually able to to find what you need in NZ and get it shipped internationally. Which store are you buying from?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, djmcnz said:

To be honest I find it quite incredible that you're actually able to to find what you need in NZ and get it shipped internationally. Which store are you buying from?

I've had two successes with rcnz.com, and their international shipping price and speed isn't a million miles away from European retailers so as long as they have enough desirable parts it works out ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Received those nice pieces for my next project, front and rear shocks tower. They looks pretty sturdy and arrived properly protected.

Thanks to @ALEXKYRIAK for help and his kindness.

Ā 

fTT1kee.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Cheap oil shocks for my tlĀ 01, proper stiff though so probably need rebuilding before use!

7D651F14-1803-4B27-B3E6-30B067A73BA1.jpeg

• Like 1

Wheels and tiresĀ for Billyā€™s rides..

IMG_Nov22021at92632AM.jpg.64bd527b79391e9f2fae783ef92e3c93.jpg

Also verified that the R31B035 wheels by Shibata R31House is fully compatible with Tamiyaā€™s WR02 (picture below) and GF01TR soft spike tires.Ā 

IMG_Nov22021at93436AM.jpg.c4cfe73afd693ba94f46f1fa05afbb4f.jpg

Ā 

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1