backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

The Wild One delivery was followed by two further parcels from the postie…why does everything always come at once? 🤫 

spacer.png

What are you talking about? Daily big harvest is "normal" for you.   :D

2 hours ago, simalarion said:

@Willy iine - please tell me the result as many writes in feedback (on Amazon i believe it was) its either next to nothing or a hole lot off paint coming at once, i had this problem with other brands even if i was csrefull so i want to know if these are better.

I can not just test one because i can not find this exact product in Norway (as so often), so need a new Amazon/Ebay order

I followed the instructions and just dabbed the tip against the sidewall lettering and the ledge.   It flowed out fairly consistently, did not gush out.

Mine was a bit thin so needed to reapply like 7 times to get the consistent white, but turned out okay.  I posted a picture in the 'what have you done today' thread.   

• Thanks 1

Got excited when my wife said there was a package from RCMart. It turns out it wasn’t the Wild One or the other big order I placed. It was just some more bling for the GF-01

0BD7C9D0-5404-4998-B001-B06E341B714C.thumb.jpeg.b4f997486b367b8173a6b926cd3a902f.jpeg

• Like 1

From Modelsport 

spacer.png

Ballistic Buggy Cut Rib 2WD front - White

Team C Front Rims Yellow 2WD buggy 

Ansmann Racing AS20 Autosport (effectively a Mtroniks Autosport20 on sale) 

Schumacher Cactus Rear - Blue

Schumacher Rear Foam - Med

AMR Rear Wheels yellow

Tamiya 555028 (to repair my Lunchbox) 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:54 AM, simalarion said:

@TurboRSR if only. You provably all know but «Train» from Asia is halted and status i gave is from Global tracker, not Posten.no:

Just checked the order that I placed on 14th of November, it arrived in Norway yesterday and are ready to be forwarded to me.  
The order that I placed on 12th of October has just been shipped from HK :huh:

Arrived today, few parts for a (futrue) project I can't disclose yet. It's not yet enough to say it materialise, so I'll wait proper time to create the thread (in other words, this will happen when I can have the start of a beginning of the end of the tunnel :-D)

Later on a set of 17 issues of Model Cars Monthly I found and bought because I wanted to read (and scan) the article on the Marui Hunter from December 1984. I took some time to have a look at the content. Marui was the new kids in the shops, and Marui cars seemed to have at that time an excellent reputation. From October 1984 (time of the introduction of the Super Wheelie in UK apparently), there was almost every mont a commercial on one the covers page for a Marui, being Super Wheelies, Hunter or Big Bear...

I would be interested to see the issues with Galaxy/Galaxy RS and with some other cars in the following years... (yeah, going thru some archives is time consuming, but if you do restorations, it is really what you should do to get the feel of the car you are restoring)

20211124_182413.jpg

20211124_182442.jpg

20211124_182453.jpg

20211124_182502.jpg

20211124_182510.jpg

20211124_182518.jpg

20211124_182528.jpg

20211124_182535.jpg

20211124_182544.jpg

20211124_182552.jpg

20211124_182600.jpg

20211124_182610.jpg

20211124_182616.jpg

20211124_182623.jpg

20211124_182630.jpg

20211124_182637.jpg

20211124_182645.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For my Egress.. thanks to @moffman

IMG_Nov242021at20503PM.jpg.536e858e082fd6799aa28f14dd223c53.jpg

Excellent! I'm sure the re-release box art still has them in blue?  for the price of the kit I can't understand why tamiya didn't include blue turn buckles!

• Haha 1

Hotshot parts, antenna caps and Tamiya synthetic rubber cement.  Over thirty years of Tamiya under my belt and I've never seen this stuff or known exactly what it is, despite it being mentioned and recommended in many a Tamiya manual.  These tubes were taken from a Road Wizard kit.

20211125_152630

2021-11-25_04-47-53

Today a Falcon chassis tub arrived, which along with the gearbox and skid plate sprues that arrived the other day will allow my poorly Bear Hawk to take the first tentative steps on the road to recovery. It will be a long road, hampered as it is by seasonal expenditure reducing the availability of hobby funds, but it will get there in the end.

• Like 3

Oh my word.....so happy.....Ive been after a tiger stripe cossie for a good while....but as we know a good reasonably priced one is hard to come by.....today my punt on an original kit with original box arrived......missing only the original tyres.

The thing I'm most happy about is the original owner and builder didn't remove the protective cover off the shell before applying the stickers, so not only do I have a simple job to remove old stickers its also fingers crossed going to be in fine fettle underneath......

20211125_193119.jpg

• Like 8

Arrived today - M07 Concept with some Hop ups 

Fully ball raced

Carbon fibre shock towers 

Tamiya stabiliser set

Yeah racing big bore aluminium shocks

D1-FC2-F23-4-F64-4-BEF-B68-E-094-B71-D74

Shame it’s a FWD chassis with a RWD shell and all that 😳

• Like 3

After a few days of disappearing from the Aus Post system (😮) the Wild One appeared today, accompanied by some spare decals for other projects and a Blockhead T-shirt. I’m going to put it away for Christmas though as I’ve got enough else going on at the moment.

Worth noting with all the talk of Hobbywing and Carson ESCs being included mine didn’t come with one at all. I’ve got some spare Hobbywing 1060s which I will probably use.

F1ACC0C2-0F47-4C01-B48E-116C0E244D38.thumb.jpeg.e639423cb3725ef71d2579c58506255a.jpeg

Edit:

And then the new black Wild One frame arrived for my rebuild project.

4B6C0DC1-A89E-4AB9-8908-6134B2942E5D.thumb.jpeg.e492821fca00d2f47703fdcb96c1aa3b.jpeg

• Like 3

This is a bit of a different purchase! I bought this off a Instagram following from a guy called the Optima house for a few years I've been following this guy because his forum and Instagram are full of fantastic looking photos of kyosho rc buggies as well as ayk and a few tamiya like the hotshot all beautifully photographed he's now produced this book and like his photos on the internet its beautifully presented and a lot of photos he's not shared it's not a cheap book but its top quality and probably low production definitely worth the money in my opinion!

20211126_104812.jpg

• Like 1

@moffman I’ve ordered this too. His feed on Instagram is full of beautiful shots and he’s got me hooked on the idea of straying beyond Tamiya! 

• Like 1

Surprised the postman did come today despite an Amber storm warning and the wind is blowing at up to a proper gale force. Thanks Mr Postman! 

spacer.png

In fact had to pause typing this post to catch a flyaway bin. 

spacer.png

OK, back to the post, ordered some wheels/tyres from JK and as usual, not too sure what I am doing. 

spacer.png

These are a replacement for my Lunchbox wheels, one of which was broken trying to remove it. 

Fastrax FTX Outlaw Wheels & Tyres

Absima AT3.4 Wheels + Tyres/Tires

Medial Pro Trace 2.8 Tyres Mounted On Addict 2.85 Black Wheels

The FTX one is too big (probably) but the 3.4 and 2.8/2.85 ones are exactly the same size as the Lunchbox ones. Not really sure how the sizing numbers work... 

The Medial ones needs packing out or changing the front axles, not tried the Absima ones yet as I am rebuilding the gearbox. 

• Like 2

From Tamico today. Must also value the smal things in life, even if the Hop-Up can not be seen:ph34r:. For my Top-Force & Agrios, «because they deserves it«!.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Surprised the postman did come today despite an Amber storm warning and the wind is blowing at up to a proper gale force. Thanks Mr Postman! 

spacer.png

In fact had to pause typing this post to catch a flyaway bin. 

spacer.png

OK, back to the post, ordered some wheels/tyres from JK and as usual, not too sure what I am doing. 

spacer.png

These are a replacement for my Lunchbox wheels, one of which was broken trying to remove it. 

Fastrax FTX Outlaw Wheels & Tyres

Absima AT3.4 Wheels + Tyres/Tires

Medial Pro Trace 2.8 Tyres Mounted On Addict 2.85 Black Wheels

The FTX one is too big (probably) but the 3.4 and 2.8/2.85 ones are exactly the same size as the Lunchbox ones. Not really sure how the sizing numbers work... 

The Medial ones needs packing out or changing the front axles, not tried the Absima ones yet as I am rebuilding the gearbox. 

The postie seems to be the only one I can depend on at the moment I've had 3 packets disappear supposedly delivered by Hermes which I'm in the process of getting a refund from the senders it's an absolute b@// ache and I had to chase up just yesterday my fedx parcel because the delivery date came and went and every day for a week after I kept on getting emails from fedx saying my delivery was today between 8am-6pm 

On 11/25/2021 at 1:02 PM, 53HRA said:

A big green block last week :lol:

DEC4-E82-B-01-AB-4-BA2-A381-7-E73512-A3-

Funny, I have the TRX4 in the deep Silver and the SCX6 in silver!  SCX6 still in the box though.  No time for it yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

The postie seems to be the only one I can depend on at the moment I've had 3 packets disappear supposedly delivered by Hermes which I'm in the process of getting a refund from the senders it's an absolute b@// ache and I had to chase up just yesterday my fedx parcel because the delivery date came and went and every day for a week after I kept on getting emails from fedx saying my delivery was today between 8am-6pm 

Ah, Hermes. The root of MANY failed deliveries. When I lived in England I wouldn’t buy from anyone who insisted on using Hermes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Situation where I am is slightly different; we do not have Hermes, FedEx, DHL, whatever here. Royal Mail is the most reliable but the most restrictive; no sprays, flammables, lipos... The list goes on. This is because RM load everything onto a plane at Inverness and fly them over. 

Everything else (like those you listed) are dealt with by local companies, handed over usually at Aberdeen and loaded onto a boat to be brought over. Problem is, they may wait till the container is full before putting it on the boat, or the boat may not even sail on a day like today. So it takes me far longer to receive anything. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Ah, Hermes. The root of MANY failed deliveries. When I lived in England I wouldn’t buy from anyone who insisted on using Hermes. 

Same as!  I try and do the same but I've asked on different occasions on items being delivered and got told no we don't use Hermes then low and behold item don't turn up and then find out Hermes has it:angry:

7 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Situation where I am is slightly different; we do not have Hermes, FedEx, DHL, whatever here. Royal Mail is the most reliable but the most restrictive; no sprays, flammables, lipos... The list goes on. This is because RM load everything onto a plane at Inverness and fly them over. 

Everything else (like those you listed) are dealt with by local companies, handed over usually at Aberdeen and loaded onto a boat to be brought over. Problem is, they may wait till the container is full before putting it on the boat, or the boat may not even sail on a day like today. So it takes me far longer to receive anything. 

I never give that a thought🤔 so these courier companies only go were its profitable for them to do so? Look on the bright side if Hermes did deliver to your island (I bet a stunning island?) You would then have the problem we have on the mainland........having to deal with your deliveries disappearing!

• Like 2