backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I had to do it, purchased the neo fighter buggy  from Amazon. Ordered it last Thursday arrived today.

The sticker on the box says tble-02s ESC but has the tble-04s inside

IMG_20211201_194556150.jpg

• Like 6

@Willy iinethis imaginary place is starting to feel more real!

Will each of those static kits have a Wild Willy head poking out of the top? :D

I assume you have already seen them but do you have some of the Wild Willy micro models that are on Shapeways and the Tamiya Wild Willy Jr/Mini 4WD?

11 hours ago, Busdriver said:

7D86607B-5077-4CB0-8103-D0037D302689.thumb.jpeg.4efe695f03489429dffd5f56cbd67033.jpeg
these little beauties arrived today courtesy of @Heliwilly . I had lost my way with my Africa Twin and I realised that it was the wheels that were causing the block. Enter @Heliwilly who not only built and painted them but also did all the spokes in metal.! I cannot do them justice with my camera skills but believe me they are a work of art. Thanks Bill.

Jeremy

Can't quite get my head around these. They're not built out of hubs, tensioned spokes and rims as they would be at full scale are they? 

Some screws showed up yesterday, and today the car, probably gonna wait till the other hop ups show up before I build it though. 

2932E1B1-81FA-4E67-B7CA-3E5244D6FBDB.thumb.jpeg.5df9bdaf11adc1db606182d2b73649bc.jpeg

• Like 8

Replacement parts turned up for the Wild One that I’m rebuilding. Just need the new servo to turn up now.

BB84D245-8368-4F07-8775-DF8E2D8CC77D.thumb.jpeg.965b335d5b3be29c046172fd8cb8d28d.jpeg

• Like 3

got 4 rims today, 2 rims for the sil80 body that look similar to BBS rims. the other 2 rims are TA03 911 rims. the 911 rims dont have the chrome finish but thats fine.

• Like 2

2 large boxes which I’m pretty sure have my WW2 and Blitzer Beetle kits in.

Bit full on @ home and work will check them @ the weekend 😊

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Can't quite get my head around these. They're not built out of hubs, tensioned spokes and rims as they would be at full scale are they? 

Well I didn’t build them but in effect yes. The original kit parts are the hubs with spokes attached and rims. They are fitted together using a jig. @Heliwilly on the other hand uses the hub and rims from the kit and then makes new spokes and somehow with some black magic puts them together. I should add that he painted everything as well to a really high standard. I am in awe. If when I get the model finished I hope the work I do will not let the wheels down!!!

• Like 3

As it a TC tradition to blame a fellow member for unplanned/unscheduled/unintended purchases, I hereby nominate @Ferruz for this.

But considering it was a Black Friday bargain ($100 bucks less than originally thought!!) you are also forgiven 😉

As it happens the Xtra Speed Aluminium A5 upgrade I ordered 2 weeks ago turned up on the same day 😃. You gotta love it when a plan comes together..

6D73AD44-40F0-4B21-9D04-B7054B6809A9.jpg 

(Postal Racing just got serious my friend 😁)

Nice to add a Tamiya  4WD buggy to the collection. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

2 large boxes which I’m pretty sure have my WW2 and Blitzer Beetle kits in.

Bit full on @ home and work will check them @ the weekend 😊

That there is a real show of strength of character my man 👍🏻

13 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Amazing if there was a double like option I’d have hit it

Yes sometimes I wish you could do multiple likes . Sometimes one isn’t enough 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Yes sometimes I wish you could do multiple likes . Sometimes one isn’t enough 

A “______ Got Talent’ Golden Buzzer with all the confetti paraphernalia would be good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

As it a TC tradition to blame a fellow member for unplanned/unscheduled/unintended purchases, I hereby nominate @Ferruz for this.

But considering it was a Black Friday bargain ($100 bucks less than originally thought!!) you are also forgiven 😉

As it happens the Xtra Speed Aluminium A5 upgrade I ordered 2 weeks ago turned up on the same day 😃. You gotta love it when a plan comes together..

I really like these and let a couple o cheap ones pass me by recently.

I always admire @ Ferruz’ TS 💥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Well I didn’t build them but in effect yes. The original kit parts are the hubs with spokes attached and rims. They are fitted together using a jig. @Heliwilly on the other hand uses the hub and rims from the kit and then makes new spokes and somehow with some black magic puts them together. I should add that he painted everything as well to a really high standard. I am in awe. If when I get the model finished I hope the work I do will not let the wheels down!!!

I am constantly amazed by craftsmanship on this forum, in ways I never expected from radio controlled cars. Having built a number of bicycle wheels myself, this example is right up there.

Is gobsmacked. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I really like these and let a couple o cheap ones pass me by recently.

I always admire @ Ferruz’ TS 💥

After looking into them more and more, they seem a very capable buggy. The fact they come well equipped in the box (Ball Bearings for one!!) is a plus. Mainly the only down side was the A5 on the front end, which is an easy fix. I do like the Hotshots a lot, but the lack of turning circle was putting me off, and prices have gone past what I’m prepared to pay for one. The TS I feel is also more suited to where I run.  
It also had me at ‘Scorcher’ 😉

Having sold a few of your models off recently Grumpy pants, it’s sounds like your getting hooked again…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

@Re-Bugged Odd you should post this, because I just ordered a Terra Scorcher with the intention of entering the post racing next year. Is the A5 part the only upgrade needed on this chassis? It's a new one to me.

18 hours ago, Willy iine said:

More models for my imaginary RC shop decore.:D

IMG_Dec12021at24439PM.jpg.799af05acbd2602ea9bbf22072a0dfc2.jpg

M10? You just reminded me to upload mine to the static thread. 😁

54 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

M10? You just reminded me to upload mine to the static thread. 😁

I won’t be building these, just keeping them NIB to make a wall of US military plastic models behind my Billy’s Beetles display. :D  

I want to get a few planes too.. P47, P51 if I have space .. not the egg ones.. lol