backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2 minutes ago, simalarion said:

@alvinlwh - Mind you, i only suggest wich ps-paint colour i would use, im not discussing the official colour off that model :)

I know, there are times when I go completely off the official color on a build but this body will probably mostly be a shelf queen, so my static building principle of as "accurate as possible" will apply. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

That one is different, perhaps a different year/spec/trim. Hint: Look at the bumper. The color list for the one Tamiya is modelled after is in the picture I posted to Busdriver. 

That's a Euro bumper, the one in the kit is a US bumper. Here you can have a look at the correct colors for each year and type: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/paintcodesghia.php

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TurboRSR said:

That's a Euro bumper, the one in the kit is a US bumper. Here you can have a look at the correct colors for each year and type: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/paintcodesghia.php

That is really useful. The Tamiya color chart that I have is based on the 1966 model as labelled on the box and that site confirms it to be mostly correct. 

However, my problem is still the same, it is hard enough with a "recipe" for mixing X/XF paints (which I did for the 1/24), trying to do the same with PS will be almost impossible. At first I wanted to do this 1/10 one in Sea Sand, but XF-59:1+X-2:2+X-22:3? In PS? 😱

Another kit arrived :ph34r: bonus brush included! :lol: Having a Konghead, the Bullhead styles grown on me, ridiculous but loveable. 

51722617965_40e4e3d3e9_b.jpg

• Like 14

3 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

My problem is them flying off when removing! 🤣 But you are right, this tool does speed up the installation greatly, so much so that I try to change as many of my screw pins over to shafts with the 2mm clips now. 

one side for installing the other for removing thats how i use mine anyway :) its was a must for when i built my 1/14 trucks

1 minute ago, topforcein said:

one side for installing the other for removing thats how i use mine anyway :) its was a must for when i built my 1/14 trucks

I tried "the other side" for removal and end up stabbing myself! :(

Unbelievable they arrived- I thought it would be a Black Friday scam 🤦

Both kits with ESC’s wrapped and delivered by RM £235.

That is very good value, I was only going to buy the BB but I knew the WW2 kit was never going to be lower - thank you @alvinlwh for the heads up this supplier 💥

B2-F0-A8-C0-ED52-4230-BCB2-0004-C9-B8167

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

That is very good value, I was only going to buy the BB but I knew the WW2 kit was never going to be lower - thank you @alvinlwh for the heads up this supplier 💥

Nice purchase. I love the Blitzer Beetle. One of the best looking Tamiyas. Have fun with them.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Did you ever managed to find a supplier for the (I think is) 3mm version as well? 

No, I’ve only ever seen the 2mm

Besides a rug for my pretend RC shop, scale tool set for Willy.

IMG_Dec32021at53519PM.jpg.2af9cfa59e1e2212dda8ea5e4ce9c08d.jpg

man.. posting after you guys make my purchases a joke. :D  (please don’t feel sad for me :lol:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

man.. posting after you guys make my purchases a joke. :D  (please don’t feel sad for me :lol:)

Who would dare to make too many jokes when you have your posse ready to go? :D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Nice purchase. I love the Blitzer Beetle. One of the best looking Tamiyas. Have fun with them.

5 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Nice haul and a bargain to boot. Never really got the Willy/comical/wheelie genre but the Blitzer, now that’s a different matter. Nice simple build, takes quite a lot of power using stock gearbox and is jut pure 2wd driving fun. Add to that a hard body and well what can I say!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Went to my favorite LHS today... The last Wild One Blockhead Motorsport was booked for me. I can tell I was very happy when he handed it to me, specially looking at the inventory situation for those...

Beside the Wild One, there was a M06 Giulia Sprint (@Re-Bugged, I must thank you for the inspiration, as first your thread is a great one, and the decoration will probably inspire a bit what I may do), and a TT-02 Ford GT Mk2 for my son. I also took ball bearings to go with those kits.

And I also scored another find at the same place...

kKVNbPL.jpg

And if everything goes as per plan, I would eventually gather something else today itself...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Got a scale sharpen toothbrush as well? 

10 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Got a scale sharpen toothbrush as well? 

Unfortunately no, but also getting one in blue later today.. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Nice haul and a bargain to boot. Never really got the Willy/comical/wheelie genre but the Blitzer, now that’s a different matter. Nice simple build, takes quite a lot of power using stock gearbox and is jut pure 2wd driving fun. Add to that a hard body and well what can I say!!!

I ran brushless combo and 2s lipo in a blitzer beetle a few years ago and the gearbox never failed once! I did change the pinion gear for a hardened steel one though!

This came yesterday actually, but I only just got around to opening the post. It'll get tucked away in the kit box 

spacer.png 

spacer.png

There's a double page spread on the TD4 in there, and a page on the Blockhead Wild One too :)

• Like 10