backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

M3 x 18mm threaded standoffs arrived for the servo mod on the TD4, waiting on a load of other parts too.

Back from Sweden now, several RC related products in the mail. The Stand was better quality than expected (bought 2, they can also hold oil dampers), last pair off steering Buckles & new StainlessSteel screws (M2.5) for Firestorm wheel as the old one rusted after 1 drive.

spacer.png 
Last pair off red Buckles:

spacer.png

I am now done with upgrading Agrios and are pleased with the result, both handeling and look. Same goes for Grasshopper & Top-Force. So the last Hop-up goes to C-Avante (my daughters) as i could not resist the good price on Damper hop-up, even though my original plan was not to hop this one up :), i liked it a lot more than i expected myself. 

• Like 4

Lower arms and 8mm balls for Vanquish/VQS, Egress, etc and gears for a DF01/Ta0x torque splitter

20220104_210536

• Like 2

A Ta03r chassis from eBay, condition is really good. Wheels are shot, but im not going to use them anyway. Just awaiting the rest of my delivery for it. 

xVduJaY.jpg

1700SCR battery;  and a 1200 box, instructions etc, both like new. 

gU74DPC.jpg

And last but not least, a RC1700SP pack including charger, instructions etc, nib.

YtSQOqh.jpg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Lee1075 said:

1700SCR battery;  and a 1200 box, instructions etc, both like new. 

gU74DPC.jpg

And last but not least, a RC1700SP pack including charger, instructions etc, nib.

YtSQOqh.jpg

Where did you find those batteries? Nice find! I've been looking out for them, but no joy so far

4 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Where did you find those batteries? Nice find! I've been looking out for them, but no joy so far

The 1700 SCR i got from a fellow forum member, messaged him last week over on FB asking is he had one spare. 5 minutes later i received some photos and bought it.

The battery and charger kit i bought on yahoo auctions, for 15€.

• Thanks 1

Some tasty touches for the FF03 bits-a-build

spacer.png

And a future build, adding another number to my 'TB' collection. Pleased to find the shell too, keeping my eyes open for a set of the Hatsune Miku Studie stickers which are pretty cool

spacer.png

• Like 2

These bits arrived from AmpDraw in the US today, with no grumbly customs note accompanying them which is nice. All very happy finds, especially the TRF L screwdriver (only the M to go now for a complete set) and the replacement bit for the 2mm hex wrench. I reckon that's my most used tool, so having the replacement bit will extend its life a good deal

spacer.png

Not so nice was the customs notice I did received, for an order from Belgium. Annoyingly it's the one where the parts were already pretty £££ouch£££ due to being quite scarce and the hobby store pricing accordingly, so this makes the whole deal even more painful. But on the whole I've been very lucky with customs, so I'm staying philosophical about this one :)

• Like 2

I finally caved and picked up one of the these over the holidays. The rider movement is one of the coolest things I’ve seen in RC. 

370B5100-1A83-4E7A-AA64-3FC560F9E618.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Not so nice was the customs notice I did received, for an order from Belgium. Annoyingly it's the one where the parts were already pretty £££ouch£££ due to being quite scarce and the hobby store pricing accordingly, so this makes the whole deal even more painful. 

I'm guessing these parts are old(ish) and blue<_<

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, svenb said:

I'm guessing these parts are old(ish) and blue<_<

Something old, something new, something carbon, something blue… 

10 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Something old, something new, something carbon, something blue… 

nothing borrowed then? :D

25 minutes ago, svenb said:

nothing borrowed then? :D

Nope! Well, apart from what got lashed on the credit card 😂

• Haha 1