backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I received some parts for the Samurais from 2 different origin.
t2j6XFT.jpg

A NIP roll cage, some rear arms and some front knuckles coming from Sweden, and some almost new front wheels (there is a small scratch on one, but that's ok as it is not too much visible).
I still need to find a pair of rear wheels (and it appears it will be really difficult to find).

• Like 3

From SpeedRC, 3Racing Sakura M4 kit, a 4WD M sized chassis, £99 delivered. 

So impressed with the MG Evo I built over Christmas, I decided to get a second non-Tamiya M chassis to try. Always wanting to try a M sized 4WD and belt drive, this is the best combination for me. When I get the M-06 sorted out correctly, it's Ghia shell can go on and the "test and bash" NSU shell will go spare and will go onto the MG Evo with its WB adjusted to 239mm. This M4 will be built to 210mm for the mystery BOX shell. 

Some of other M sized chassis considered are:

1. MST TCR-M (Asiatees not responding to my emails) 

2. Xpress XM1S (RCMart postage is stupid) 

3. MF-01X (well, another Tamiya, so another 150% of the base price on hopups) 

None of these can convert to 239mm for the NSU easily OOB (except the Mercedes MF-01X but I don't need another body) so I decided to convert the MG Evo and get a new chassis for 210mm.

So when see this for sale at SpeedRC for a very reasonable price, I went for it. It is even cheaper than buying from 3R HK when postage is added in, and without the stress of a possible import "fine" from FedEx. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

Another potential TD4 slipper adjuster cover arrived today, fingers crossed it works.

• Like 1

Second part of this one arrived today, 2 dog bones and those 2 U-shaped suspenson arm holders.

Let's see how much of that T2M in the background I can transplant to get a running car.

IMG_20220119_1249597.jpg

4 new tyres for the SS, I don’t need the rears but as all 4 delivered was £13 I thought I might as well 👍

• Like 1

A letter from customs, saying that my Rover SD1 shell has arrived (UK - Germany) and won´t be released as the paperwork is wrong. I need to send them a invoice from L&L models, within the next 5 days that i haven´t got or they will send it back.

Problem is L&L has not once answered any e-mails I've sent, either regarding my order, a tracking number and now the customs paperwork.  I can´t get them on the phone either :(

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Lee1075 said:

A letter from customs, saying that my Rover SD1 shell has arrived (UK - Germany) and won´t be released as the paperwork is wrong. I need to send them a invoice from L&L models, within the next 5 days that i haven´t got or they will send it back.

Problem is L&L has not once answered any e-mails I've sent, either regarding my order, a tracking number and now the customs paperwork.  I can´t get them on the phone either :(

It's a real pain to get an answer from L&L. Maybe you could try it on their Facebook account!?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lee1075 said:

I've messaged them before with text, got answered within half an hour

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lee1075 said:

If you can't get an invoice you could also talk to customs and ask if they would accept a screen shot of your PayPal account or Credit card account to proof what you have paid. In addition you could do an additional check-out (not complete) where all parts you've ordered and the shipping costs are seen and do a screenshot of that. Maybe this will be sufficient for them if you explain that you can't get in touch with L&L currently.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

If you can't get an invoice you could also talk to customs and ask if they would accept a screen shot of your PayPal account or Credit card account to proof what you have paid. In addition you could do an additional check-out (not complete) where all parts you've ordered and the shipping costs are seen and do a screenshot of that. Maybe this will be sufficient for them if you explain that you can't get in touch with L&L currently.

Just did all of that now, wait and see what they reply with.

44 minutes ago, svenb said:

I've messaged them before with text, got answered within half an hour

Is their contact number a mobile? been away from the UK for 25 years and have no idea what a UK mobile number looks like tbh.

1 hour ago, Aerobert said:

It's a real pain to get an answer from L&L. Maybe you could try it on their Facebook account!?

Will give that a try, thanks.

2 hours ago, Lee1075 said:

Just did all of that now, wait and see what they reply with.

Is their contact number a mobile? been away from the UK for 25 years and have no idea what a UK mobile number looks like tbh.

Will give that a try, thanks.

Uk mobiles pretty much all start with 07 . So should be 07xxx xxxxxx . Should be 11 digits in total. 👍

I genuinly find l&l very unreliable, only bought twice but don't think I would be in a rush ever again tbh, especially after they have stole a few of my photos for their BTCC Laguna body that actually looks nothing like the pics they advertise it as 🤦‍♂️🙄

James.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lee1075 said:

Assume German customs just need to tick a box. Rechnung mit Versandkosten und MwSt ist da? Check.

Will customs actually cross-check with seller on the accuracy of the paperwork? Doubtfull. 

With or without support of L&L I would get the customs a document. But of course I'm just a pragmatic Dutch who just sees how to get the system satisfied, might be too pragmatic for other countries;-)

8 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Uk mobiles pretty much all start with 07 . So should be 07xxx xxxxxx . Should be 11 digits in total. 👍

I genuinly find l&l very unreliable, only bought twice but don't think I would be in a rush ever again tbh, especially after they have stole a few of my photos for their BTCC Laguna body that actually looks nothing like the pics they advertise it as 🤦‍♂️🙄

James.

https://landlmodels.co.uk/collections/renault/products/tc035-1-10-renault-laguna-btcc-190mm-tamiya-tt01-tt02

The "Menu" picture is yours?

How good or bad is their body?

Yeah, that's the one. I was only half finished as well in that pic 😂🤦‍♂️. The body is more a blob, a bit like the Parma one from years back, here is what it looks like. 

HnQnZbv.jpeg

And here is my 97 one 👍

oDYLvSO.jpeg

James

• Like 3

Think i Enjoy this part a bit to much, like a 12years old on X-mas:

spacer.png

I promised myself to not buy Hop-Ups, you can see how that went during my corona isolation, more are comming from PlazaJapan :ph34r:. Actually look most forward to painting this one early this Summer (no room for spraypainting booth and to cold in basement, found out the hard way), this Rally car is the one i drive the most @ my Sim Rally PC setup and i love the look off it :)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Yeah, that's the one. I was only half finished as well in that pic 😂🤦‍♂️. The body is more a blob, a bit like the Parma one from years back, here is what it looks like. 

HnQnZbv.jpeg

And here is my 97 one 👍

oDYLvSO.jpeg

James

Ouch. Big difference. 

Only sensor cable is missing for the Wild One, as the sponsor stickers arrived today will complete what I have already. They are nice quality...
W1JewML.jpg

And finally got some white marker specially for tires marking, if the envy of doing it comes...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Boomerang89 said:

Assume German customs just need to tick a box. Rechnung mit Versandkosten und MwSt ist da? Check.

Will customs actually cross-check with seller on the accuracy of the paperwork? Doubtfull. 

With or without support of L&L I would get the customs a document. But of course I'm just a pragmatic Dutch who just sees how to get the system satisfied, might be too pragmatic for other countries;-)

Would be nice but nope. Unfortunately they have no idea of the value as there is no invoice or package documents showing the value. Tried phoning the seller; no luck, tried Facebook; no luck, tried e-mail; no luck.  Not even customs have answered my e-mail yet, in which i sent them a "print screen" of my order and my Paypal invoice for the item. Maybe I'll know more tomorrow :rolleyes:.

Edit: L&L just answered on FB that they had sent me an email. Not the invoice like i asked for, but a tracking number showing me that the body arrived at customs last Saturday. Don´t know  whether to laugh or cry :unsure:

11 hours ago, InsaneJim69 said:

@InsaneJim69 That livery/car reminds me so much souvenirs.

Nice one !

https://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/ps/t/c/tctcps0f.jpg

These braces for the Monster Beetle arrived this week from Xeostar.  The installation of the braces is easy and can be done in minutes. The MB drives so much better with this upgrade. A second set is installed on the Black Foot.  Magic.

Thanks Xeostar.

MB brace.jpg

BF brace.jpg

• Like 3