backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

43 minutes ago, Goudar said:

Finaly got this one for my next resto/build project !

RUwb1nW.jpg

Oh nice mate, is that Falcon related maybe?

Now I have all the parts together to re-build my TRF414M…

5812d3dd-3b81-4d18-bwwj1n.jpeg

Now I hope for bad weather to be able to hide in my mancave ;)

• Like 4

Treated myself to a TT-02 SR and various upgrades in preparation for racing in the Tamiya GT-E Cup this summer. The Cheverolet Camaro shell was painted about 6 years ago but never used so this seems like an ideal opportunity.

20220212_194811.jpg

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Jph98 said:

Treated myself to a TT-02 SR and various upgrades in preparation for racing in the Tamiya GT-E Cup this summer. The Cheverolet Camaro shell was painted about 6 years ago but never used so this seems like an ideal opportunity.

20220212_194811.jpg

Keen to see this when complete. Where did you find a ‘SR’ kit? Pretty thin on the ground these days

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Keen to see this when complete. Where did you find a ‘SR’ kit? Pretty thin on the ground these days

Thanks, me too. Won't be starting the build for about a month as just started a full kitchen and dining room refit so the garage has been turned into a temporary kitchen meaning no space for rc building. I got the kit from tamico - the only place I could find with stock.

• Like 1

This little EasyTreed X1 3D printer.

Buying this slightly used was cheaper than buying a 1.75mm filament nozzle and extruder for my K8200 3D printer.

I intend to use it to print the steering hub balljoint cups for my Marui Samurai.

lLadZuN.jpg

• Like 2

:DB):D

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not cheap and, typically, it got fingered by HMRC :rolleyes: But seeing as the last few Tamico orders have got through unmolested I guess it's swings and roundabouts

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

:DB):D

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not cheap and, typically, it got fingered by HMRC :rolleyes: But seeing as the last few Tamico orders have got through unmolested I guess it's swings and roundabouts

I suspect we were bidding against one another, if its from where i think it is :(. Congrats, nice kit!  

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Lee1075 said:

I suspect we were bidding against one another, if its from where i think it is :(. Congrats, nice kit!  

I suspect you're right...so it's YOUR fault the price spiked :lol:

Seriously though, thanks and sorry about that. It is a very beautiful kit and will 100% get built.

TBH I was looking for an OG GT1 Le Mans body shell and sticker set and the prices they were going for made this look like a better deal. Could have done without the Customs charges but in the grand scheme of things I'm still ahead

• Sad 1

On 2/13/2022 at 7:30 PM, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-2-13-122914.jpg.eef0f36f7447300671da39e930d476e0.jpg

Mug not included… was just sipping coffee while delivery arrived.   

Are you He-Man or something? That mug is ginormous!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

I suspect you're right...so it's YOUR fault the price spiked :lol:

Seriously though, thanks and sorry about that. It is a very beautiful kit and will 100% get built.

Im sorry for pushing the price up :lol:, enjoy the build. I was going to leave it NIB :blink:

These arrived today, only about a week to get here from Hong Kong.

20220216_102848

I'm glad the bodies are both precut and prepainted.  The painting bit is easy (when its just one colour), the cutting is the hard bit.

These are going to be put away for a while.  I got them as a matching pair so we can run them together but in no hurry to build them.  I only bought them while they're readily available, I was on the fence but invariably that means I leave it too late and miss out.

• Like 9

The DPD man dropped off early at the secret delivery point!!! Mrs BD was on her first dog walk so managed to nip out and back unseen:ph34r:

2EEEE1CB-0000-4CFE-A5D1-8719ABC0BC76.thumb.jpeg.e02bd191dfd7865174337ce8a280fc2c.jpeg

bearings and super mini cva’s also in the box along with a Carson ESC. Have no experience of this esc but I’m only going to run a TT motor so should be ok🤞🏻
Now the biggest choice “What colour “. Think it needs to be a single block colour but can’t decide. Any thoughts out there?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4