backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

a chassis for a tt01 some 3x10 screws  and a free sticker from tony

a wrap for the tt01 and also lunchbox

IMG_20220228_134341.jpg

IMG_20220228_134448.jpg

IMG_20220301_134029.jpg

• Like 1

MST light buckets from ATees, everything else from Tamico. The most interesting being the custom made German plates for an in-progress build.

goodies-01-mar-2022.jpg

• Like 7

Finally came in.  Got a good deal but took forever…. okay 6 days    :lol:

IMG_2022-3-2-220235.jpg.2586cc54631cce50170c3dd6c4ed6249.jpg

• Haha 3

6 days @Willy iine? Don't rub it in, that's pretty good. In the UK the postal service has been shockingly bad in recent months. They can't still really blame Covid either, so god know what's going on!:blink:

Do you bother with the capacitor mod on the 1060's? I need to do it to mine, due to it going into limp mode.

49 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

6 days @Willy iine? Don't rub it in, that's pretty good. In the UK the postal service has been shockingly bad in recent months. They can't still really blame Covid either, so god know what's going on!:blink:

Do you bother with the capacitor mod on the 1060's? I need to do it to mine, due to it going into limp mode.

I have moved over to 1080s and think they are great. Definitely worth considering over the 1060.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

I have moved over to 1080s and think they are great. Definitely worth considering over the 1060.

Is the 1080 not a crawler esc! Don’t think you want 100% drag brake on an Avante!!!

14 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Is the 1080 not a crawler esc! Don’t think you want 100% drag brake on an Avante!!!

No, it's suitable for a crawler but is fully programable ( program card is included) so you can kill the drag brake. I've started putting them in all my builds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kol__ said:

That sounds frustrating!  

I do not do any mods on the 1060 besides swapping to a larger switch for when I need to run a rubber switch grommet.  I’ve not had any go into limp mode.. hummmm.. but I mostly only run silver cans (TorqueTumed, SportTuned, BZ on Egress) ..

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kol__ said:

In the UK the postal service has been shockingly bad in recent months. They can't still really blame Covid either, so god know what's going on!:blink:

That must be a local problem, all our various posties and couriers have been awesome for the last couple of years. I use their home collection services as well as deliveries, and they're always bob on

• Confused 1

Delighted with these beauties that all ended their various global voyages today

First, a used but immaculate ADSPEC+ radio system. I'd been on the lookout for the CPR for a while as 'dressing' for the TA03F David Jun restoration, but they were always either pretty beaten up or unbelievably expensive. So when this complete system popped up in this condition I jumped at it, it will be a bit of craic to run the 03F-DJ with full vintage electronics and will be interesting to see how the transmitter feels

spacer.png

That was joined by three boxed-as-new batteries, and two new tension pulley plates; one for the 03F-DJ and one for a planned 03F-TRF project

spacer.png

These three will all look right on the 03F-DJ when it's finished (if the countersunk hex screws ever show up :rolleyes:)

spacer.png

• Like 6

Today the postman brought me my Plasma Edge 2 kit and two 2s lipos.

Opening up the box i was surprised to find it containing a carson dragster brushed 70a 2s and 3s esc with a deans connector on it, i was under the impression that it would be a brush+brushless 2s only with tamiya connector esc so it supporting 3s and already having a deans was a nice surprise :)

• Like 3

Today I received some carbon shock towers for my TB-01 restomod from Fibre-lyte as designed by TheRCRacer, along with some carbon battery retainers for other cars in order to justify the postage. 

2022-03-03_04-57-46

• Like 4

An ebay purchase arrived...

O8Z1hBc.jpeg

VKfjSYM.jpeg

It's a Holiday Buggy and came with a damaged shell. Not really a fan of the HB look, so it will become something else. Any suggestions on a cool shell?

Not ball raced, but with 3 motors and waterproof ESC, it was a decent deal. No idea what that Flux motor is though.

• Like 2

@Kol__ nice one can't wait to see the final result of your project. Seems in pretty good condition. Good luck !

I'm on the same side with the Holyday Buggy, looks like something is missing. I got one in my stash, I will give it a try to enhance a bit the look.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 12:51 AM, naturbo2000 said:

Officially nothing

_20220301_193502.JPG

Great! Did you have these made or are these for sale somewhere? And do they have a black one saying Anytime Baby!😄

• Haha 1

Redbubble. Quality isn't the best and the "Essential Tshirt" does come up snug (as I now note the size guide suggests :lol:).

But they definitely do have a rather nice Anytime Baby! with stripes.

• Thanks 1

Not exactly brought by the postman as I went to the post office myself again today, I was there already on Tuesday...  Because what started as a £ 33 order from JCRacing became a € 86 item because of postal, customs and import taxes and was nowhere to be found in the post office where it was supposed to be... Today it wasn't as busy as on Tuesday and I was a bit more persistent, so after they took a closer look they found it! Me happy as a kid with four pair of tires and sponges and especially with my gold chrome plated wheels for my turbo Optima :D

20220303_182904.jpg

20220303_183003.jpg

• Like 7

4 Spektrum SR3100 DSM2 receivers from Aliexpress, not genuine no doubt but for the price they're brilliant to bind to my old DX3R. have used quite a few now

• Like 2

I got a couple of things today.

One was this Hilux. It's got a wheelbase of approx 170mm. I've got a basher RC I picked-up from work that I might transplant it on to. 

EBay

EBay

And this came with it... It's going to form the base of a Dakar Rally truck thingy I have half an idea about :wacko: 

EBay

• Like 2

20 hours ago, GeeWings said:

No, it's suitable for a crawler but is fully programable ( program card is included) so you can kill the drag brake. I've started putting them in all my builds. 

Sorry that was only slightly tongue in cheek. I have three , with 3 program cards!! They are very nice adaptable esc’s.

2 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Sorry that was only slightly tongue in cheek. I have three , with 3 program cards!! They are very nice adaptable esc’s.

Sorry, I'm having a slow brain week (I have them most weeks to be honest).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Sorry, I'm having a slow brain week (I have them most weeks to be honest).

That sounds familiar 😁