backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Well, not exactly the postman, as I went to my favorite dealer this morning to fetch some parts I was waiting for too long...
When I arrived, I got a gift. He told me when I went there before Christmas that he have something for me, and he would give it to me next time I would come. It was today.
Here is :
g7eubpB.jpg

There was no other customers, he offered me a coffee and we had some very nice and long discussions. I showed him my work on the Nichimo, he was impressed. I suspect that next time he gets a car with a broken chassis, he'll ask me if I'm interested :-)

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Mirrorman said:

Nichimo The Midships - again unassembled.   Another Nichimo I never thought I would see , let alone own.

The blister holding down the heavier metal parts has come loose over the years, so I intend to build this one . 

I placed the loose parts are all in a zip lock bag, so all parts to assemble this unusual beauty are all accounted for. :D

022_TC_yes.JPG

023_TC_yes.JPG

024_TC_yes.JPG

Would love to get one of those or its sibling, the Exceed 443WDS with a broken chassis to do the same thing as I did with the Spirit FF :)

• Like 1

As mentioned in the ‘Old Guy’s’ thread  (but I couldn’t post a pic earlier as TC Photos was out of order) from my wife and kids for a milestone birthday, the Lunchbox’s cousin that broke out of jail…

ABEC9EAD-3B03-48EF-B1CC-271A532C4015.jpg 

Stoked to say the least, for a minute I thought it was going to a Comical GH going by the card. Excellent Red Herring there!! 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

As mentioned in the ‘Old Guy’s’ thread  (but I couldn’t post a pic earlier as TC Photos was out of order) from my wife and kids for a milestone birthday, the Lunchbox’s cousin that broke out of jail…

Stoked to say the least, for a minute I thought it was going to a Comical GH going by the card. Excellent Red Herring there!! 

These look great fun and the colour scheme on this model is a superb choice - happy birthday 💥

• Thanks 1

IMG_2022-4-17-103636.jpg.1f9f61e5580e16ddb09787a8b959f2e9.jpg

I bought a couple of these SR215’s and one was DOA. so getting it replaced.  Best to check upon arrival before the return window closes…!  

Going to check these now before storage.  B)

@Re-Bugged that van  looks fantastic!!  Excellent choice by your wife and kids, they have nice taste.  :D  Happy early BDay again!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

These look great fun and the colour scheme on this model is a superb choice - happy birthday 💥

8 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I pity the fool who marks that paintwork @Re-Bugged. Happy birthday!

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Re-Bugged that van  looks fantastic!!  Excellent choice by your wife and kids, they have nice taste.  :D  Happy early BDay again!!

Thanks Gents, this will fill a spot in the collection very nicely and I’ve already had a quick look to discover some clear unpainted versions of the body are available so could be a possibility for a runner 😉 Photos don’t do it justice, much better in reality.

Can’t wait to give it blast soon…

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Thanks Gents, this will fill a spot in the collection very nicely and I’ve already had a quick look to discover some clear unpainted versions of the body are available so could be a possibility for a runner 😉 Photos don’t do it justice, much better in reality.

Can’t wait to give it blast soon…

Looking forward to reading your feedback 👍

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 2:04 AM, Mirrorman said:

This , amongst some other things, arrived with the very generous Mr Postman .. ;)

Nichimo Spirit FF - NIB .. never thought I'd find one of these buggys - let alone still new in the box. 

010.JPG

009.JPG

008.JPG

Nichimo (?) Spirit FF 2022 version :

jNUHn2A.jpg

(sorry, could not help doing that with your post :-) )

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-4-17-103636.jpg.1f9f61e5580e16ddb09787a8b959f2e9.jpg

I bought a couple of these SR215’s and one was DOA. so getting it replaced.  Best to check upon arrival before the return window closes…!  

Going to check these now before storage.  B)

I use the SR215 for all my rc's and I had a dud one that came through! the hobby shop I bought it off just told me to dispose of it after I sent them a video of it not working (lockdown days in 2020) It definitely didn't work but then i tried it once more before I was going to bin it and it burst into life! (Buy one get one free) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, moffman said:

I use the SR215 for all my rc's and I had a dud one that came through! the hobby shop I bought it off just told me to dispose of it after I sent them a video of it not working (lockdown days in 2020) It definitely didn't work but then i tried it once more before I was going to bin it and it burst into life! (Buy one get one free) 

Yeah, I tried it once again yesterday while I was testing the 2 new units .. still dead.  

Please teach me the prayer or chanting you conducted to revive?   :lol:

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah, I tried it once again yesterday while I was testing the 2 new units .. still dead.  

Please teach me the prayer or chanting you conducted to revive?   :lol:

I could say go in your garden and hold it up to the sun while skipping around said garden in your underpants;)!.......but it probably won't work? I just turned it on and tried to bind it one last time?

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, moffman said:

I could say go in your garden and hold it up to the sun while skipping around said garden in your underpants;)!.......but it probably won't work? I just turned it on and tried to bind it one last time?

Hummmm.. maybe I should bang it on the top a few times like CRT TV..  :D  I’ll try it once more before it goes back to Amazon. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Looking forward to reading your feedback 👍

Well all I can say at this stage is, my Godfather’s it’s a blast!! 😂Had a ball with it last night. Perfect for the the local terrain around here. TC photos is down again at the mo, so will put up a couple of the 200 odd photos we took once it’s up and running again. Certainly lives up to its name that’s for sure 👍🏻

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Well all I can say at this stage is, my Godfather’s it’s a blast!! 😂Had a ball with it last night. Perfect for the the local terrain around here. TC photos is down again at the mo, so will put up a couple of the 200 odd photos we took once it’s up and running again. Certainly lives up to its name that’s for sure 👍🏻

Great to hear. I do love the look of these and it’s been on my very long list of must have cars!

I’ve had issues with TC photos too and now use Flickr. I actually find it simpler, quicker to retrieve images for browsers and of course totally stable. Oh, and a basic account is free. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 3:25 PM, Re-Bugged said:

Happy birthday, alas I can’t see any pictures but guess by the sound of the comments it’s pretty 😎 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Happy birthday, alas I can’t see any pictures but guess by the sound of the comments it’s pretty 😎 

Thank you, yep very happy with it. TC photos have been on the blink a bit so put this together using imgur..

• Like 1

Nothing exciting like all you folks, but got casters for my 1:1 RC shop mobile cart/drawer as I found one totally collapsed this morning, wheel weights and servo savers.  :D 

IMG_2022-4-19-180359.jpg.49eb6d7798d495b47163e236555c5f32.jpg

• Like 2

Small delivery from Asiatee marked US$13 as usual so no import "fines". Arrived in 16 days without rip off postal "upgrades", very good. 

hfdwRB5.jpeg

Cheap tiny TX to go with the PUBG buggy birthday present for the boy with an extra RX that can go into a second car. Spare spurs for my MST and the smallest 3Racing spur I can find. 

• Like 1

My second hand rere Stadium Blitzer arrived:

1650487285114.jpg.bf6739d9c40824214e06f7fd2c549d41.jpg

Someone started the build but then abandoned the project halfway. Good news, it is 100% complete!

1650487347780.jpg.a389fcbd95210d70ff57bb08a07ec31e.jpg

Ordered some paint and bearings. Can't wait to start building!

• Like 13

A Vanquish VS4-10 chassis, Element Stealth overdrive gearbox, SCX10 III straight axles and Castle Copperhead ESC. Horizon’s current sales are making my knees weak…

4E2B463A-9CE1-4FB7-AC05-9AE7C3B757CF.jpeg

• Like 5