backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 4/30/2022 at 9:48 AM, Grumpy pants said:

And here she is - grubby but complete and a lightly used runner which should be perfect for my needs 😂

415-B0-C47-E05-D-4899-8-FEF-6-AB404-FE7-

Always Such a cool looking buggy! When it was originally brought out in the mid 80s me and my cousin raced at the local school hall club and I had a boomerang he had the wild one and he raced it to death against rc10s, Optima's hotshots etc and it always held it's own even with a  very clicky gearbox.......brilliant it was!

• Like 1

Been after these hub adapters for awhile now. Managed to find 3 pairs awhile back, but it still wasn't enough :lol:

Basically identical to the old CRP units, and an absolute necessity for the old style 5-prong wheels imho (see the broken Tamiya adapter on the right).

Thanks to @Frog Jumper for the tires too--I'll post a pic once they're installed on a car!

tires_hubadapters.jpg

• Like 6

New receivers for my upcoming builds.  I’ve had one dead on arrival recently so tested and binded them to ensure functionality.  :D 

IMG_2022-5-2-100924.jpg.0f4f6bd45241259185b8472e955d4120.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 10:31 AM, Tbird232ci said:

52041382845_715e78155e_c.jpg

Look after than s2000, possibly one of the hardest to find m-chassis bodies. It looks pretty tidy. I had a yellow one but the body had quite a few splits in the front. Couldn't find a body and that was +/-8 years ago. Stupidly sold it. 

9o2LEnI.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, berman said:

Look after than s2000, possibly one of the hardest to find m-chassis bodies. It looks pretty tidy. I had a yellow one but the body had quite a few splits in the front. Couldn't find a body and that was +/-8 years ago. Stupidly sold it. 

9o2LEnI.jpeg

The body certainly isn't perfect. There are a few cracks and some decals torn and peeling. I do intend on cleaning it up, doing some paint touch ups and maybe running it one time with the body on just to see how it looks and reacts, then relinquishing the body to be a shelfer. I didn't realize that it was so uncommon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tbird232ci said:

The body certainly isn't perfect. There are a few cracks and some decals torn and peeling. I do intend on cleaning it up, doing some paint touch ups and maybe running it one time with the body on just to see how it looks and reacts, then relinquishing the body to be a shelfer. I didn't realize that it was so uncommon. 

Hens teeth!!!!

While the ongoing lack of Air Parcel services from Japan Post is keeping the real goodies locked up in a cage in a warehouse somewhere in Japan for the foreseeable, I'll console myself with some sundries from PJ

spacer.png

Particularly love the little hammer, that's going to be really handy for when that tiny bit extra persuasion is needed :D

And of course it all came with a novelty eraser...this one should help me in my search for those particularly hard to find parts :lol:

spacer.png

• Like 2

Found a few small parts needed for The Frog rebuild.  Figured a small hearse would be a good idea in case the surgery doesn't go smoothly... :lol:

20220503_070622-01.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Found a few small parts needed for The Frog rebuild.  Figured a small hearse would be a good idea in case the surgery doesn't go smoothly... :lol:

20220503_070622-01.jpeg

i can see a ghostbusters tribute going on the hearse;)

• Like 1

A spare CRX body arrived from Tony's.  I was tempted to buy a few of them but managed to limit myself to just one.

iGbSZ6z.jpg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Blista said:

A spare CRX body arrived from Tony's.  I was tempted to buy a few of them but managed to limit myself to just one.

iGbSZ6z.jpg

I do love these body sets in the illustrated boxes. It’s one of my bugbears that they seem to be (generally) limited to the Far East while the European market (generally) just gets the cellophane bag. The boxes are so much nicer, more engaging, easier to store, handy to store parts in etc…

• Like 1

Trickbits 1997 Renault Laguna BTCC decal set and another set of Carson 1998 Renault Laguna BTCC decals. 👍

Really need to try and find another Kyosho Laguna bodyset if possible 🙄☹️

James.

• Like 2

Also set of HiCaps, CF deck and towers, high torque servo saver for SuperAstute build. :D 

IMG_2022-5-5-205536.jpg.6b36ef8c4882fdf48e1d80af426ca723.jpg

• Like 5

"Needed" a few parts that Tamico had.  Seemed like a a good reason to pull the trigger on this guy too since it was on sale for a really good price...

20220505_183950.jpg

• Like 4

IMG_2022-5-6-122608.jpg.b808777009171137e31d92d6eeb2433a.jpg

I am 4 years late to the game, but better late than never, right?  :D 

• Like 9

Here is last treasures I found past month.

sf5EMiA.jpg

WO6rSiO.jpg

N5KMqTj.jpg

I'm too busy to work on my rcs, what a shame... But I will coming back at the end of my beekeeper season.

And has a bonus, here is the car I bought to work.

kHp91Cl.jpg

XcDxZte.jpg

*shoted by my brother

I got few issues to solve, but for a lady from 1991, she roll like queen. Did 900kms to came back at home, with out any problem.

Thats a lovely car and really fun to use.

• Like 7

I've received a lot of stuff these past two days, most of which not being too noteworthy. I did, however, pick up a random box of RC stuff off of the bay. I noticed the majority of a Tamiya Hummer, a Hornet, and a truck I couldn't identify. I didn't have high hopes, but I really wanted the Hummer.

52055134684_018b32d0a6_c.jpg

Other than being disassembled, it is complete. It had servos, an MSC, random motors and a bunch of parts in the box as well. Aside from the battery holder being broken, the transmitter is in awesome shape as well.

52055135279_f27e1cc9a5_c.jpg

The Hornet is less complete, but the majority of it is there. I could toss a set of wheels/tires on it, the steering linkages and some electronics to have a runner. I'm not entirely sure what I'll do with it, but I am happy to own it.

52053853312_ba3eaee4b8_c.jpg

The random truck turned out to be a Marui Big Bear Datsun. This poor thing had seen better days and is missing a lot of stuff. I do have a bunch of random parts which I suspect is from this beast. I also have the manual for it. The transmitter is broken, but I may be able to fix it. This one is totally cool, but I'm not sure if I have too much interest in it.

• Like 2

Ready to restore ! 

Have to find motor (Le Mans 490 ?), screws, servo, etc...

IMG_20220507_113259.jpg

IMG_20220507_113319.jpg

• Like 8

Screws for Javelin since Kyosho-ganee forgot to include them in my kit, hybrid ceramic bearings to force fit CVD into my SuperAstute, HiCaps for future car, paint brush set. :D 

IMG_2022-5-7-120526.jpg.57e179c4cc947f8e338316ae78328570.jpg

• Like 1