backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Not today but on Wednesday I got the TD and a box full of more hop ups for my yet to build M-05 Golf MK1 (which by the time is turning into a money-pit). It's better be fast in the postal. 

DSC_0934.JPG

• Like 7

On 5/21/2022 at 7:47 PM, Willy iine said:

Wheels for City Turbo, and spur for SuperAstute build coming up.  

IMG_2022-5-21-134628.jpg.bcb27b162fe1ff0ab30a3e4fb808601a.jpg

Hope you do a full build of this. I for one will follow 

• Like 1

Some interesting bits and bobs from Japan for various builds in the works / plans 

spacer.png

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Hope you do a full build of this. I for one will follow 

I will post daily picture update for sure.  It is a phenomenal job they did!

• Like 1

Turns out RC deliveries are a bit like buses...

spacer.png

Very pleased with this one...getting hold of it is the reason why I'm selling my Nissan R91CP :)

I wonder if they'll re:re the Group C cockpit? 

• Like 12

a little more drift styling. wing accessories, mufflers and some wheels

IMG-0204.jpg

• Like 2

It's been a busy day for deliveries for me.

52103951888_9dd6570f2a_c.jpg

A couple of parts came in for my Hummer refresh.

52102891272_778d1e51e1_c.jpg

This batch of parts came all the way from Cyrpus. This is the majority of the parts I needed to get my Big Bear running. The seller included a bunch of Marui decals.

52104422860_c4900395b9_c.jpg

52103917451_bd87fdb6ce_c.jpg

These are the fun things. They are both Xray M18s. They came ready to run aside from batteries in the transmitters and charger leads to charge the batteries. I'm considering putting in more modern electronics, but am completely unsure at the moment..

• Like 2

Just arrived home from Florence - which is beautiful and this was waiting for me 😉

73-B72149-27-B4-46-D8-97-FA-1-CC0789-E56

Cheaper than buying a whole kit as I’ll put this on my daughters previously used but now never used LB and run it around the garden £34 delivered 👍

• Like 6

I was completely excited to receive the next item yet I completely forgot to take pictures and post here.

52105639028_2f3bdc93d9_c.jpg

52105595961_7c1b94c0b7_c.jpg

I got my hands on a decent TA02 with the HPI chassis and some other great period correct hop-ups. It is missing the battery bar, but I have another one with the HPI chassis with the battery bar so making another isn't a big deal. This one will be a fun project.

• Like 4

2022-05-28_09-02-21

Looks and costs much the same as a Bluebottle, but the black finish will suit my black and chrome DT-02.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

2022-05-28_09-02-21

Looks and costs much the same as a Bluebottle, but the black finish will suit my black and chrome DT-02.

It will be interesting to read how this compares to the bluebottles. 

• Like 1

Got two sets of 48 pitch pinions for my SuperAstute running AE spur.

They included lots of grub screws.. but there was one that looked odd.. 

IMG_2022-5-29-120712.jpg.59e0129b0f124b682ec008dfea7d8908.jpg

IMG_2022-5-29-120726.jpg.16f3f0a3a683e99fe0eca9f29c1f1e08.jpg

:lol:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Looks cool. I’ve got a few bluebottles and I think they are a really good bashing motor. If these are as good the colour will fit some applications better than the blue.

12 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Looks cool. I’ve got a few bluebottles and I think they are a really good bashing motor. If these are as good the colour will fit some applications better than the blue.

The connectors and sensor cable should be arriving over the next day or two, so I'll let you know how it runs. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-5-29-120726.jpg.16f3f0a3a683e99fe0eca9f29c1f1e08.jpg

:lol:

That’ll be just a grub then 😉

• Haha 5

Todays arrival. Long awaited preordered Optima Mid, and a Thunder Shot which I have beaten myself for missing out on, since the last rere.

2D5319CB-0446-4CF6-ABBD-4F78277005CE.jpeg

• Like 9

Couldn't resist a good deal on this and 5days shipping from Japan to UK for free was a turn up for the books too...

Cy8hKQU.jpeg

Also go these in the post...

OxgHUZ9.jpeg

Fronts on their way from RCEcho and also picked up a spare body shell from Tony's Tamiya, so I can do one box art and one custom:) ...it's a gonna be bright!!!:blink:

• Like 11

@Kol__ thats a great score, I haven't seen a DB01 for ages!

My Novafox arrived today. No pictures since its just a box, and its nicely wrapped so I checked (secretly hoping it was a Boomerang since the last Novafox was supposed to be a Boomerang) it and put it away nicely wrapped. The courier also dropped off a whisky and gin order which was mostly for my wife, so when the neighbour commented on the boxes no one needed to know it was a toy car. To go in a cupboard.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Couldn't resist a good deal on this and 5days shipping from Japan to UK for free was a turn up for the books too...

Cy8hKQU.jpeg

Cheap and free shipping? Would have been rude not to ;) 

• Like 1

DB01 is a modern classic.  The smoothest, most quiet, best performing stock Tamiya buggy ever.  Build it stock and drive it on any surface and you will know it's a classic right away.  I'm stoked for you @Kol__

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Cy8hKQU.jpeg

OxgHUZ9.jpeg

Fronts on their way from RCEcho and also picked up a spare body shell from Tony's Tamiya, so I can do one box art and one custom:) ...it's a gonna be bright!!!:blink:

Where did you find this bargain?!

Cheers guys. It was just on eBay @matissemate, £170ish shipped from Japan to my door and no customs charges, I thought that was a pretty decent score all things considered:) I can PM you a link if you're interested... you'd better sell that DT-02 first though!;):D

5 hours ago, Thommo said:

DB01 is a modern classic.  The smoothest, most quiet, best performing stock Tamiya buggy ever.  Build it stock and drive it on any surface and you will know it's a classic right away.  I'm stoked for you 

Thanks bud, that's really good to hear that it's such a good runner. I'm going stock with a few upgrades (big bore shocks maybe?) and this will be a runner for sure.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Cy8hKQU.jpeg

OxgHUZ9.jpeg

(1) Building an RC: Tamiya DB01 RRR (Time Lapse) - YouTube

• Like 1