backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@nicherotors 4WD Wheeler arrived!  :D 

IMG_2022-6-3-172337.jpg.ae1fb3281b0a881539b5831e151e61d9.jpg

IMG_2022-6-3-172318.jpg.bf7e4b7772e771c409292d50a7c94bcb.jpg

Incredible level of detail.   I will take individual pictures when I get to each of the parts to prep and paint them.   

Absolutely excited!! B)

Does he sell it as a complete kit or are the parts individually priced? I know with Shapeways sometimes the total for all the parts individually can mount up , like the VW motors!

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Does he sell it as a complete kit or are the parts individually priced? I know with Shapeways sometimes the total for all the parts individually can mount up , like the VW motors!

Good question - all the parts are individual at the moment and you are right - they do mount up.  This was deliberate so that each scale part and it’s material/ finish/ price can be selected individually since a few items are partially concealed anyway (or behind smoked windows!).  The structural/ functional items are kept individual given they are expensive and if replacements are needed you’d probably only want to buy the item that needs replacing.  Probably a separate topic on its own but happy to help and feel free to contact me because it’s easy to put a few items on a sprue where some savings can be made.  Parts can be found here: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/nicherotors

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure I’m in the market at the moment more of a general question? Looking forward to seeing @Willy iine ‘s build .

• Like 1

@Busdriver Besides the 3D printed parts, I also have a NIB GF01 kit, and City Turbo body set with wheels/tires dedicated for this build  (required parts). 

Goal is to display all 3 together.. Original Wheeler, WR02 based City Turbo, and nicherotors 4WD Wheeler.   Basically a history of how this car has evolved.. :D 

• Like 2

Picked these up today from the sorting office - they arrived whilst we were away, front struts struts and steering knuckles for the slow build Sand Scorcher I started at Christmas. 
57-C0-C90-B-348-E-41-F0-BEAD-C79-FB643-B

• Like 2

The last of the bits needed to make a TA02 Racing Special - taken nearly two years aquiring parts and only really possible because of the TopForce Evo re re diff parts beconing available againspacer.png

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Superluminal said:

The last of the bits needed to make a TA02 Racing Special - taken nearly two years aquiring parts and only really possible because of the TopForce Evo re re diff parts beconing available againspacer.png

Very impressive mate👍

Are you going for black gearcase ?

Top it off with vintage titanium screw's as well😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, svenb said:

Very impressive mate👍

Are you going for black gearcase ?

Top it off with vintage titanium screw's as well😉

Thanks dude, I wouldnt mind the titanium screws but i think they only sell them as individuals as opposed to a full set...  will have a search

Yeah have got the black gear cases too

13 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Thanks dude, I wouldnt mind the titanium screws but i think they only sell them as individuals as opposed to a full set...  will have a search

Yeah have got the black gear cases too

Yes mate in packs of ten, it's a painful search 🙁

A bumper box of bits from Japan, including some very colourful finishing touches :)

spacer.png

I've given up trying to find the 47333 TT-02 Blue A Parts Tree and only really needed the diff covers anyway, but found these aluminium Eagle Racing parts instead which will do the job 

spacer.png

• Like 5

Being UK-based, my knowledge on Monster Trucks is limited.

So I got some light reading for me and el kid. I can't remember whether I first saw this mentioned on TC by @87lc2

DSC_28342.jpg

A quick flick through and I recognised a few liveries from the MCI website.

• Like 4

Nothing too glorious, but finally got a replacement roll bar and shiny bits for my Pumpkin rebuilds...

20220604_152014-01.jpeg

20220604_152041-01.jpeg

• Like 3

@Juhunio Can you share where you got the dampers from please, I think my TA03 would like them a lot!

Thanks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nwc100 said:

@Juhunio Can you share where you got the dampers from please, I think my TA03 would like them a lot!

Thanks

I got mine from Japanese Yahoo Auctions, but there’s a set on eBay right now too

Search for Tamiya 49089 👍

1 minute ago, Juhunio said:

I got mine from Japanese Yahoo Auctions, but there’s a set on eBay right now too

Search for Tamiya 49089 👍

Thanks, possibly a bit out of my league sadly! Hopefully if I can get to Japan this year I can get on the hunt for some, I’ve never seen those before and they are beautiful dampers 😍

9 minutes ago, Nwc100 said:

Thanks, possibly a bit out of my league sadly! Hopefully if I can get to Japan this year I can get on the hunt for some, I’ve never seen those before and they are beautiful dampers 😍

Good luck 👍

Something not particularly interesting but absolutely necessary for my next build in the coming weeks ( my Mercedes Benz c11) and the fact that for the life of me I can't find my pair I used to trim the revive undertray for my turbo optima! Come to the conclusion I accidentally binned them with the leftover plastic:rolleyes:

20220607_110054.jpg

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, moffman said:

Something not particularly interesting but absolutely necessary for my next build in the coming weeks ( my Mercedes Benz c11) and the fact that for the life of me I can't find my pair I used to trim the revive undertray for my turbo optima! Come to the conclusion I accidentally binned them with the leftover plastic:rolleyes:

20220607_110054.jpg

Essential kit!

• Like 1

Well, my mind is blown...

That, somehow, this travelled from Japan to Cardiff in one piece

spacer.png

spacer.png

That was it...no box, no air cushions, no Japanese newspapers

10,000km in just a single layer of bubble wrap. Perfect.

*shakes head in disbelief*

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

Well, my mind is blown...

That, somehow, this travelled from Japan to Cardiff in one piece

spacer.png

spacer.png

That was it...no box, no air cushions, no Japanese newspapers

10,000km in just a single layer of bubble wrap. Perfect.

*shakes head in disbelief*

Nice kit , you'll have to let us know what's the "drift spec" about the kit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, svenb said:

Nice kit , you'll have to let us know what's the "drift spec" about the kit

Errrr….just plastic tyres and an aluminium heat sink, I think. Other than that it pretty much just looks like an F-Pro 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Been looking for one of these for a long time.  The elusive BF Xtreme body.

Over-priced, needs new paint, and needs new stickers.  But the chrome is in very good shape.

sX42jzK.jpg

Not sure of what color to repaint.  I have a metallic black OG Blackfoot body already so black is out.  I’m thinking root beer bronze.  

I do like this…

c656d5f57a6846d2b702403941edfdd2--conver

Any suggestions???

Terry

• Like 2

My GF01 Toyota Land Cruiser kit arrived yesterday afternoon. My first build in about 35 years and looking forward to it. I now have many questions to bombard the forums with :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

Been looking for one of these for a long time.  The elusive BF Xtreme body.

Over-priced, needs new paint, and needs new stickers.  But the chrome is in very good shape.

sX42jzK.jpg

Not sure of what color to repaint.  I have a metallic black OG Blackfoot body already so black is out.  I’m thinking root beer bronze.  

I do like this…

c656d5f57a6846d2b702403941edfdd2--conver

Any suggestions???

Terry

Yep, love the 2 tone