backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I've been away on holiday, but came back to a delivery from PJ for a couple of future builds...

First order of hopups for the DB01 -

koY5KLz.jpeg

And more parts for my TT02 and TT02B builds, plus some Tamiya decal scissors:) -

rwKxILr.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

Sounds like you've ordered replacement mirrors bud, but it looks like there's a drain plug in the bottom of the U-bend, can you give that a twist with a bucket underneath and see what comes out?🤮

Because of the boxing underneath I can only really get something the size of a mug under the pipe - the drain thing looks like its made of brass and has two prongs on it which doesnt look like it will turn with any of the tools i have apart from a screw driver and a mallet.....i'm leaving well alone for now!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

doesnt look like it will turn with any of the tools i have apart from a screw driver and a mallet.....i'm leaving well alone for now!

Lol, agree sounds best left alone mate!:lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Awesome selection of hopups bud!B)

Where did you source them from? I got some bits from PJ, but not things like the WO UJ's and motor mount etc.

Thank you! I used PJ as well. Also Tamiya USA…they have the double slipper and the motor mount in stock, and some other DB01 goodies as well.  

• Like 1

Picked up a Super Clod locally last week(ish), and didn't realize there was a container with bonus goodies in the bottom of the Rubbermaid bin it came in.  So I stumbled across these yesterday as I finally sat down to peek thru my score.

Thinking the diff's may be from a TA03?

J2Bn98w.jpg

@WillyChang I tried sending you a PM - but apparently you can't receive them? 

One of the members of the RC boat club I go to has given me the remains of an original Wild Willy. It is in a very sorry state, and I'm not really sure if it's too far gone! Whereabouts in Melbourne are you? I'd love to take some photos and pick your brain if possible.

Thanks,

Lachlan.

9 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Thinking the diff's may be from a TA03?

They kinda look like WR01/WT01 diffs from trucks like the Wild Dagger, Twin Detonator, or Blackfoot Xtreme. 

Picked up a stash of part so that I can sort out my Fat Fox TT01 in the next few days. 

695077125_image_50427905(1).thumb.JPG.65d95a79afff30ac03ae1af899d0a367.JPG

4abbe008-6cb2-4f90-9edjas.jpeg

New A parts for my TA03F Runner in the middle.

img_1689_22fj81.jpg

The front underbody protection is almost worn through from contact with the road.

For a nearly MINT TA03F I only need now a new lower frp chassis plate :)

• Like 4

A bumper delivery today

JConcepts Ford body for my Monsterized CR-01 with paint to go with it.

Cheap radio gear for a loaner Dual Hunter. I liked with this tx that came with my FTX Outlaw.

Steel pinions for two Dual Hunters and the CR-01, two Firebolt motors to upgrade a DH and some screw pins.

DSC_2886.jpg

• Like 4

got some parts delivered yesterday. drift tires, body magnets, rear support brace for body magnets, wing accessory set, MST spacers, a pinion and spur gear.

IMG-0267.jpg

• Like 2

Something very small to complete my GF01/Jumbo Van mash-up

52169423520_911d230199_b.jpg

And finally got one of these which should help with some future custom projects...

52169423640_727d47a506_b.jpg

• Like 7

I did ask last week on Thursday to someone who had a car listed for few months if it was still available, and luckily, it happened to be available. It took few days before it was actually sent, to the point I was a bit worried this would never come...

It arrived today.
w13rnwm.jpg

The bug body is really nice, and it will probably finish on another chassis, and it hides something else...
lxxf2dp.jpg

Hirobo Zerda :). The roll cage is a puzzle, there is a few issues I spotted already on the pictures one week ago, but nothing too difficult, I think.
And there is even a old Futaba ESC in working state...

• Like 1

My first RC Porsche, my first TT01 and my first shrink wrapped Tamiya  A9792196-02DF-4D3E-ABEC-B978F4695E9E.jpg

Came from Kleinkram for the grand total of £115 delivered. No nasty notes from HMRC!!!!! Took four and a half days from order to delivery. Very impressive. It came with Carson ESC and Torque Tuned motor. I’ve ordered a bearing set and I think I have a steel 19t pinion so only really need shocks.  What size do I need. Mini or Super Mini.?? Not sure it will be box art more likely street

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GeeWings said:

And finally got one of these which should help with some future custom projects...

Nice mate. Let me know how you rate that Dremel when you've put it through its paces, I'm tempted to pick one up myself :)

• Like 1

Something to fix the wrong shortened body posts of my TT-02, something for my current Novafox project and something special :-)

DSC_1279.JPG

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Nice mate. Let me know how you rate that Dremel when you've put it through its paces, I'm tempted to pick one up myself :)

Yes, been meaning to grab one for a while.

I was tempted by the cordless but here in Oz we get the inferior version. Have been thinking of getting one for ages and then at work we had a “wellbeing benefit” I had to use or lose and hobby equipment was covered so decision made ;) 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GeeWings said:

I've been using the 3000 for a few years. Really good. The motor could be a little stronger. But has done every job so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, YelloMello said:

I've been using the 3000 for a few years. Really good. The motor could be a little stronger. But has done every job so far.

Have the 3000 too and it's been a handy tool even though I haven't used it in a while. 👍

• Like 2

received more parts. aluminium steering and bumper for RMX 2.0, suspension spacers, LED light kit and some mufflers.

IMG-0269.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 5:31 AM, GeeWings said:

I don't know how I used to do all my hobby and house jobs without my dremel 4000? Its probably the most used item I my toolbox!

• Like 2