10 hours ago, svenb said:

Last of the titanium screws arrived today 🙂

@TwistedxSlayer  @Superluminal. @Juhunio

Will be pleased for me😉

DSC_0318.JPG

Congratulations, I hope you’ll be very happy together 😂

What are the plans?

• Like 1

A Wild Willy body from Tony. This is for my Wild Willy on GF01 build.

52184870037_50264d3689_b.jpg

I also acted as my own postie and drove over town to pick this up:

52185891151_3126abcf4f_b.jpg

This is the second I’ve purchased this month. I wasn’t going to but it was a good price and I’m guessing I won’t get many chances again at this price. 

• Like 4

The postman brought me some hi caps for my fire dragon build, new gears for my dancing rider, gears for my hotshot, some bearings, alloy body post  for my lunchbox, some dt-03 alloy c hubs, and some nice delrin suspension arms for my new lunchbox, to do the double wishbone conversion.

IMG_20220701_132645356.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Silver and Gold…

spacer.png

Sweet, they look awesome mate. I know nothing about these old packs really. What made them 'racing packs'? Did they have more power or something?

Picked up a set of used King Cab wheels. These are the same as the Monster Beetle, except they are solid with no holes in the dish. 

4A8wGlW.jpeg

Sorry to the King Cab purists, but these have been purchased for my MB as they are white, so can and will be dyed!🤪

• Like 3

Evilbay purchase (58127 FF01), which is actually in pretty good condition. Not the original manual or any decals but otherwise looks to have had very little use :) 

E5eAGng.jpg

Fxba0rg.jpg

wKx2DFc.jpg

Have stripped it down ready for a clean. Only surprise was no grease what so ever in the gearbox !

I have a new 51421 body set to put on it and can salvage the body it came with (needs trimming properly) to do as a street version. Cockpit is very good too, so looking forward to getting that trimmed and painted. Now just need to find the time :( 

• Like 5

The postie dropped this through the letter box! ........For the last time:( I know printed media is having a hard time for the obvious reasons but this is now the last copy to go to print as of now its closed! Brexit and covid is the reason they have stated in the editorial and the letter that accompanied the magazine said price of paper and transport also to blame so probably numerous factors of the modern world we live in today:mellow:?, so very sadly we don't have any actual printed magazines relating to our hobby:( which for a lot of people especially the younger amongst us probably isn't a problem but I always liked a good read of an actual printed magazine that was put through the letter box and the first glance at the front cover but then I do like a good read of a printed book! Very sad day for our hobby!!

20220703_103143.jpg

• Sad 5

TA03 Uprights, TA02 Stabilisers and some clear blue mini damper bodies from the Japanese Auctions, and some sundries from Plaza Japan

spacer.png

Disappointingly, there was no novelty eraser from Plaza Japan :(

But it's OK, because they sent me AN ENORMOUS PLASTIC FAN instead :lol:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 7/4/2022 at 1:19 PM, Juhunio said:

But it's OK, because they sent me AN ENORMOUS PLASTIC FAN instead :lol:

spacer.png

Lol, yep I got one of these in my last delivery too. It lasted about half a day of being waved around by my young lads before it was annihilated by them!:blink:

Very nice @silvertriple. Every time I see pictures of a galaxy I fall a little more in love with them. Another buggy to add to the never ending Wishlist!

Not as exciting as a Marui Galaxy but these arrived for my City Turbo today...

52199491779_7e84d554de_b.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Gebbly said:

I couldnt dodge the soldering any longer so I finally own an Idiots first solder station :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09FT4GG2Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That looks great. I've currently just got a soldering iron but no way to actually hold things in place which normally leads to some pretty comical set-ups when it comes time to solder :blink:

4 hours ago, GeeWings said:

no way to actually hold things

Every video I see of someone soldering involves them using some sort of clamps and it looked like a good idea. I didnt want to spend hundreds of pounds which seems possible so got a basic kit with everything for cheap and then I can upgrade bits if they need it. Last time soldering was about 25 years ago in university, big fat blobs of solder everywhere :)

• Haha 1

Found this set of original tamiya 53226 TA02 FF01 front hub carriers the other day. These things seem quite rare now.

2ECDB497-2ADE-4CBE-BF23-E66F9528E06F.jpeg

• Like 3

Another ingredient for my City Turbo build. I think I can get started now.

52200562130_d719d389fc_b.jpg

Tamiya really do amazing design don't they? Even this simple packaging is beautifully done!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GeeWings said:

Another ingredient for my City Turbo build. I think I can get started now.

52200562130_d719d389fc_b.jpg

Tamiya really do amazing design don't they? Even this simple packaging is beautifully done!

It’s a fairly heavy little beastie the HCT, so some extra pep is a great idea.

They are prone to tipping over when you turn as the weight is unevenly distributed in the chassis - worth counter balancing this with some lead weights on the chassis.

You will probably also find one of the front wheels runs the wheel arch - some simple fixes are available for this as well.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Patience is a virtue - been after another one of these for two years (having foolishly let one go several years back), and I think possibly my favourite Tamiya chassis design - so quirky! The one that then kick-started the TRF's I believe. Very rare and when they have come up, the price has been way too high (around £500), but this one came via a private deal at a nice affordable price, so happy days. Also picked up one hop up for it a few weeks ago via eBay, which I realised afterwards was from @Juhunio, a sort of random purchase at the time but now has a sure home! I've already got in my spares box the 53326 alu steering set and 53308 alu servo stays which will complete the build.

IMG_6567.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, futureworks said:

Patience is a virtue - been after another one of these for two years (having foolishly let one go several years back), and I think possibly my favourite Tamiya chassis design - so quirky! The one that then kick-started the TRF's I believe. Very rare and when they have come up, the price has been way too high (around £500), but this one came via a private deal at a nice affordable price, so happy days. Also picked up one hop up for it a few weeks ago via eBay, which I realised afterwards was from @Juhunio, a sort of random purchase at the time but now has a sure home! I've already got in my spares box the 53326 alu steering set and 53308 alu servo stays which will complete the build.

IMG_6567.JPG

Nice

Are you going to do a build thread?

I've collected all hop ups for my TA03 DJ build but if your doing one I'll slink back into the shadows🕺

7 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

It’s a fairly heavy little beastie the HCT, so some extra pep is a great idea.

They are prone to tipping over when you turn as the weight is unevenly distributed in the chassis - worth counter balancing this with some lead weights on the chassis.

You will probably also find one of the front wheels runs the wheel arch - some simple fixes are available for this as well.   

That’s great guidance, thanks!

I love the wheeler but am aware of the compromises the HCT has, at least in terms of the poorer fit of the body to the new longer wheelbase chassis.

I’ve seen here at TC people have experimented with lots of solutions including putting the shell on an MF01x (which I have available). Nicherotors also has a custom 3d print chassis available for the GF01 to create a 3D HCT.

I’ve actually purchased two HCTs recently because they they both became available cheap,

So, my current thinking is to make one pretty much standard, but will try and lower the shell a little and use the spacer trick to solve the misalignment and rubbing. I think I’m then going to go the NicheRotors    route for the other and would then use the HCT chassis for another project I have in mind!

Time will tell though and they will probably just end up sitting in boxes for months ;) 

• Like 1