backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

This popped up in a 2-day long eBay auction the other day from a seller in Belgium, and I was surprised to be the only bidder. Can’t complain! This will go with my TA04-TRF when I get around to building it. I have the silver alu version of this hop-up but the blue will look better.

64EF872E-5656-43FA-B345-B21A5437ABA5.jpeg

• Like 4

Wife saved the day :lol: with a new Savox 1252MG she bought for me while running errands.  There was a hobby shop close to where she was shopping and stopped by for me.  :D 

IMG_2022-7-16-134442.jpg.d059dd1d4b3d9afc6f97807580bc73a7.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Wife saved the day :lol: with a new Savox 1252MG she bought for me while running errands.

Your wife is the postman? 🤔

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, alvinlwh said:

You mean postal-person.. it’s 2022, man.   :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Got some decals today :) Some Wild Willy for Billy’s Ford GT, and a decal sheet I’ve spent quite some time searching for, and luckily happened to come across right before placing my order. They’ll be going on my big bear eventually, after I restore it and find a new body. It was my first hobby grade rc car my dad passed down to me when he bought his Blackfoot. We painted the body white and went to the hobby store and I picked out these decals for it. Seeing as I was a young kid I destroyed the body and eventually broke the bear, then kept crushing the bears body with my new super Blackfoot till it was no more. Now I’m trying to rebuild it to the way it was when it became mine.

C57C622A-B8E6-4F5F-AB57-AF269A7ACA82.jpeg.b9820b06185e8c2144b42438ebb368ee.jpeg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Willy iine said:

My postie is a woman and I've always called her the postwoman! Obviously not to her face (she called Christy) very polite nice lady!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Someone needs to change the title of this thread! 

The correct gender neutral term is "mail carrier" BTW. 😊

MesNauY.jpeg

22 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

No, his wife is awesome 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My delivery definitely came from a Postie of the male variety.

I keep saying no more spending. But this was less than $100 on eBay. I bought it for the MF01x chassis hidden behind a very uninspiring shell (IMO). I will be using the MF01x for some project or other at some stage ;)

Jimny.jpg.d67dc9a196a9afd1840dcce1c5b18c95.jpg

• Like 4

Oh, and then I received two boxes from Shapeways (ordered two weeks apart but turned up together!)

A few parts for a Wild Willy on GF01 build and some parts for my Honda City Turbo!

shape.jpg.0a076deda945f01ce6867cfe5181c636.jpg

• Like 2

These arrived Thursday!

8ECAHxx.jpg from @wtcc5

yqZHjOR.jpg?2

0RDRkxl.jpg

Most of these bits are to help with my KRv4.1 build.

Today, this lot came in from Tamico

r7WieA3.jpg?1

vP1qBl9.jpg

Again, mostly for the KRv4.1, but also some organisational bits to sort out the collection and keep my home office a bit neater.

So it's not all from today, but I was away in Belgium until late last night so I'm counting today as delivery day...

Luke

• Like 6

Two deliveries from Japan today...

First, a bit of a 'grail'....the boxed 911 GT1 LM 96 body set and a set of the correct rims. I love these boxed body sets, the mixture of mono photographs and line illustrations are just great, and I'm dead chuffed to have got hold of this one 

The delivery also included a set of limited edition gold plated one-piece rims which will go into the TA03R-TRF kit box, as they'll go lovely with all the other gold parts in that kit

spacer.png

• Like 8

And second, an Audi A4 STW body set (inspired by @svenb's recent work) with some TA03 bits and bobs

spacer.png

• Like 4

Not exactly the post, but something happened.

I spent part of the week-end at my borther's place. He has some specific tooling and I brought some stuff to do with him, and we took pleasure doing this stuff together (and that will help few of my projects). When we finished, he told me that he has a onroad chassis somewhere I could give a second life, and he sent his son fetch a box in the attic...
My nephew gave me 2 boxes : one with 2 bodyshells inside and one smaller box with the chassis inside.

I started to inspect the body shell first : unpainted, one is trimmed and the other one not. And there is the original stickers with them.
Then the chassis : the suspension arms looks familiar for me, as I modeled some exactly like those for a guy at the club. Same shape, but size is different than the Kyosho GP Landmax arms I modeled... Weird. I'll have to look further. The brand on the box was not familiar for me, but the chassis reminded me something... 
FAnduP0.jpg

When arrived at home, I did further search. This chassis was marketed in France under two brands : MFI and Yankee. The car is a Shaft 1/10 (it was the same car name for the two brands, and it cames with various bodyshells). The front and rear cells are identical, and could even be doubled : you could build a 6x6 or 8x8 or NxN with those, and build it 4WDS as well, this is interesting... Upon further search, the car's manufacturer is Great Vigor, well known for some Optima's total copy paste with the Beagle (which may explain why the arms looks like Kyosho GP Landmax arms).

The GP engine has been rebuilt by my nephew (he is an apprentice in automotive mechanics, and he loves doing that, but don't run rc cars anymore): he told me you would be able to run it as long as you succeed to set it right.

At the end I'm not sure if I'll run this car GP or Converted EP. I'll keep the Clio Williams bodyshell, and the Peugeot 306 Maxi will find a new home (I have a friend searching for this exact bodyshell for quite a long, and I tried myself to help him... If only I knew the treasure was in my brother's attic :-) ).

In short, this will allow to help a friend and this is one addition to my own projects list...

• Like 4

From ebay, Tamiya PC paints, probably the last few bottles left in the world. Also bought the Comical Grasshopper from this seller but I guess they will be shipped separately as the kit is due on Friday. 

From RCbearings, bearings for the Comical Grasshopper and upcoming GH2 and DF-02 Aero Avante. 

UFzsdJZ.jpeg

The paints are really old, probably about 2 decades old. The best is PC-11, still in as new condition. The worse is PC-8, no sound when shaked. Opened it up and it is still wet but more like glop than paint. So off to the shed for paint recovery. 

Vu6hOlT.jpg

About 6ml of volume had been lost. Since I am going to airbrush it, I added in 7ml of X-20A along with 2 ball bearings. PC-17 is better, only 3ml of thinner to bring it back to volume. However all the metallic bits are at the bottom. Stood it upside down and will check to see if they shift after a few hours, a way to see if the paint is still good or not. 

Just got a message from my brother in law, the kits for the bearings also arrived. Just need to fly half way across the world to get them. 

9Z0Ewj2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got a package from Tamico yesterday. I saw that the 6 sets of Optima universals they had in June were down to 1, so no time to miss. (I still have to decide wether to go for a Mid or a Turbo Optima). Also got universals for the Thunder Dragon and the Tomahawk. The latter also got the longer steering arms for the Turbo Scorpion, so now I can mount the wider front axle. The M-05 got DF-03 heatsinks. They are probably not needed, because after 3 stints of Postal racing in allmost 30C yesterday the endbell was still only warm, but nice to have.

DSC_0980.JPG

• Like 1

tuzeQLc.jpeg

Arrived a day earlier than PF said it will! 😊

• Like 4

Happy days! Now the RM postman brought more goodies a day earlier than the system say they are due. Now I can get started on the above kit. 

New vape kit to keep me entertained and healthy when building the kit and 18T & 20T pinions from BSJ. 

gDHAZVH.jpg

• Like 1

Postman delivered some of the bits to make my Black Special into a Black Edition. Fingers crossed the pre-order comes through, eh?

y4mFEG43W6J5Doxsf34iFqqfgZBoGosPSWZWwkA1

• Like 2

Should now have all the bits to have a set of CVDs with stronger axles and hex drives on the 201XR and the 201XM now:

yMmPqLW.jpg

7 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Happy days! Now the RM postman brought more goodies a day earlier than the system say they are due. Now I can get started on the above kit. 

New vape kit to keep me entertained and healthy when building the kit and 18T & 20T pinions from BSJ. 

gDHAZVH.jpg

Lovely.  The only 2 things that help me maintain my sanity as well......

17 minutes ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Lovely.  The only 2 things that help me maintain my sanity as well......

When I started vaping 10 years ago, it freed up enough money for me to buy a brand new 1:1 car. Now these days, I no longer need a car (lives 5 minutes walk to work), I got rid of the car and spend the money on models.

I don't even vape that much anymore, usually only 2.5 - 3mg, and even 0mg in some of my devices.