backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A few bits from muchhobbyonline

This does mean I now need to pretty much dismantle the FF03-R I just built to swap out the counter gear 🤦🏻‍♂️

spacer.png

• Like 2

UPS is delivering my painted 58025 body today, counting the minutes.  Living in a dead street community for whatever reason means we are at the END of the UPS route which means 6-7pm deliveries.  😭

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Hummm, so they would most likely fit a Javelin to then? Mine are starting to split 🤔

Does the Javelin have the same size wheels as the Turbo Optima/Optima Mid? I though the ones of the Javelin were a bit smaller, but I may be wrong. In any case, Marwan will have you covered: take a peek at his website and you'll see, he does repro tires for most Kyosho buggies from that era 🤩 I contacted him in person for a question about shipping, the communication was prompt and clear. Excellent customer service and the product, even though I haven't used it yet, feels top notch quality.  Reasonable and rocket fast shipping, also👍

• Thanks 1

Black Egress wheels for the Egress Black Special, some damper X-Rings to make one final attempt to get the CVAs on my TT02B to not be sticky, and an extra bit of fancy-pants carbon for the FF03-RR 

spacer.png

I think the only Hop Up the FF03 is missing now is the 83476 aluminium front bumper support :ph34r:

• Like 5

I had the hobby on 'pause' for the better part of a year whilst I sorted out some real world things. Kept browsing ebay though and when the stars aligned I pulled the trigger on a new toy. 

spacer.png

Should be a bit of fun! 

• Like 9

Actually bought this from a real life shop …

A Lego Racing Buggy Rough Rider / Buggy Champ.

Model 7800.

will sit nicely with my Lego Avante :-) 

F3D041AF-5D62-4EC3-854C-511153B28EBD.jpeg

• Like 2

Some more parts for the Optima Mid arrived today, ESC and motor. I decided to try this Rocket from Surpass Hobby (or Supersonic, not sure which is the actual brand 😅), 13.5t. Curious to see how it will perform. Now waiting for servo and driver figure to join the stash.

20220818-205153.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, svenb said:

Nothing!

Their on strike🙄

Yeah I was expecting a 12t brushed esc today but.......

Anyway it'll wait no rush! But fair play to the posties for sticking to their principles and I hope they get themselves a resolution which was worth it:) there's far to much of this fat cat big bonus culture especially when the country is falling apart:mellow: rewarding these CEOs for failing has to stop!......sorry rant over!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, moffman said:

Yeah I was expecting a 12t brushed esc today but.......

Anyway it'll wait no rush! But fair play to the posties for sticking to their principles and I hope they get themselves a resolution which was worth it:) there's far to much of this fat cat big bonus culture especially when the country is falling apart:mellow: rewarding these CEOs for failing has to stop!......sorry rant over!

Dead right, more power to the posties 💪 

• Like 3

Postie dropped my esc off this morning and a few other bits so I can complete (actually start) my schumacher cougar classic I'm going completely standard no upgrade transmission or upgrade shock towers etc and 12t brushed motor!

My local postie knows that this is my hobby and always asks what I'm building he takes an interest because his late father used to build model boats and run a club in his local town and his father has not long passed and I think it kinda keeps his memory! So when a packet arrives for me bless him he drops it of at the beginning of his round! Although I'm on a bit of a can't be bothered moment with my cars at the moment:( but no doubt this will pass it always does:D

20220827_103445.jpg

• Like 4

My wife received the hopeless (hole less) beads today.  So she gave me 20 blue, red, and white respectively.  :D 

IMG_2022-8-27-114618.jpg.e1245c9c9d2af4416be81a3ae0c4997d.jpg

• Like 4

After seeing a couple of these on here I decided it looked too cool to not get myself one

C64AF5E3-BFC0-449A-94D0-E538589107DC.jpeg.550b87bc26c15940f5c53a0a32f78be9.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ImALlama said:

After seeing a couple of these on here I decided it looked too cool to not get myself one

C64AF5E3-BFC0-449A-94D0-E538589107DC.jpeg.550b87bc26c15940f5c53a0a32f78be9.jpeg

Very cool.  I really like how mine turned out.  I say be very careful how you aim the glue window decal.. it appears like film, but it's really just paper.  You basically only get one try.  :D 

• Like 1

It was yesterday, but the postie bought me something very small but hugely significant

spacer.png

Diff nut holders for the TB Evo III, courtesy of @svenb 😀 

Thanks Steve 👍

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Very cool.  I really like how mine turned out.  I say be very careful how you aim the glue window decal.. it appears like film, but it's really just paper.  You basically only get one try.  :D 

Thanks for the tip, although if I mess it up I could always paint it ts70 and mount a Billy in the bed like I’ve been doing to fix all my other mistakes :lol:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Juhunio said:

It was yesterday, but the postie bought me something very small but hugely significant

spacer.png

Diff nut holders for the TB Evo III, courtesy of @svenb 😀 

Thanks Steve 👍

No probs, glad to help a fellow addict 😉

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 10:49 AM, Willy iine said:

My wife received the hopeless (hole less) beads today.  So she gave me 20 blue, red, and white respectively.  :D 

IMG_2022-8-27-114618.jpg.e1245c9c9d2af4416be81a3ae0c4997d.jpg

What is she going to do with the other 1000 of them?  

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

What is she going to do with the other 1000 of them?  

I'm not sure.. she makes jewelry in her spare time and other crafty things.. she said she did not have any hole-less beads so she thought a good opportunity for her to stock up while helping me out.  B)

• Like 1

Two packages in a day! 😁

From Amazon PL, my entry for the Silver can budget rally build off, bought as part of my pre-inflation "investment". Arrived 4 days early. 

From TTM, Absima paints. Arrived 4 days late. 

90VZNJf.jpg

• Like 1

Happy days 😃

spacer.png

Technically it qualifies for @Cuiken's budget rally challenge, but I don't think I could bring myself to run it 😂

• Like 6

When they come, they all come at once (thanks to RM strike). 

ugOqDAq.jpg

Some bling lights, bunch of turnbuckles and some ball joints. 

0N0szkJ.jpg

Also the speed gear set and bearings for the TA-02. Good to go for the budget rally build off. 😁