backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Love the fact body sets are now coming in a box with some great artwork, rather than the not so protective bag. Some MST wheels for a future build and a Nismo GT-R kit. :) 

f48ayLm.jpg

• Like 5

A modern charger for me.. going to download the app for my iPhone later and try it out.   :D 

IMG_2022-9-7-130654.jpg.459d29ce971001b2efc3f87a349e1916.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tobyone said:

Love the fact body sets are now coming in a box with some great artwork, rather than the not so protective bag. Some MST wheels for a future build and a Nismo GT-R kit. :) 

f48ayLm.jpg

I've just done the Cliff Calibra body, looks mint.

Tricky black decals on black paint though!

The haul of the last week…

a4c82771-1de4-40dc-9ehe5d.jpeg

• Tamiya TRF417 V5
  • Tamiya TRF415MSX Marc Rheinard (with TBLE-01 ESC and TBLM-01 8T motor)
  • Pink Acto Power Off-Roader 2WD motor (with box and manual)
  • Dynatech 01R (labeled by Graupner)
  • RX-540VZ Technigold (labeled by Graupner)
  • Dyna-Run Racing Stock
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, Sgt.Speirs said:

The haul of the last week…

a4c82771-1de4-40dc-9ehe5d.jpeg

• Tamiya TRF417 V5
  • Tamiya TRF415MSX Marc Rheinhard (with TBLE-01 ESC and TBLM-01 8T motor)
  • Pink Acto Power Off-Roader 2WD motor (with box and manual)
  • Dynatech 01R (labeled by Graupner)
  • RX-540VZ Technigold (labeled by Graupner)
  • Dyna-Run Racing Stock

Blimey, that’s an almighty haul 😲

22 hours ago, Klausen said:

Bear Hawk

I so love the look of that buggy, just fantastic!

• Like 1

Had been looking for H-/L-parts (Porsche 934 Turbo RSR) for a while when RCMart suddenly got them in stock. I have probably used 1/2 hour every day for several months searching for one or more sets :lol:

H-L-parts.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TurboRSR said:

Had been looking for H-/L-parts (Porsche 934 Turbo RSR) for a while when RCMart suddenly got them in stock. I have probably used 1/2 hour every day for several months searching for one or more sets :lol:

H-L-parts.jpg

Blimey, did you buy all of their stock? 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Blimey, did you buy all of their stock? 😂

I didn't want to regret buying too few :lol: They actually still have them in stock, thought they would be sold out almost immediately since no one else have them in stock these days. 

• Like 1

I’ve been ordering a load of ESCs, motors and servos for upcoming builds. I usually go with HobbyWing 1080 ESCs and Savox 1258 Servos but I’m trying out some cheaper alternatives. I’ve got more stuff coming but the first delivery arrived today.

550DF74A-9745-49F3-A936-2F3AC7794935.jpeg.368c0567e3925f6acc5437f2a318e7ac.jpeg

I also purchased a SkyRC GPS module as my boy is always racing my RC cars and wants to know how fast he’s going! I also want to see the results of the 10.5T brushless system I’m putting in my Hotshot/Supershot rebuild.

• Like 3

I like the 1060's.  It's real basic and I was real skeptical in the very beginning since they're so cheap.. but cheapness does not automatically equal junk as it has super-refined modulation.. so I run them on most of my recent builds.   You can see how many times I've bought this ESC in the last 1.5 yrs.. this does not include the other 1060's I bought from other vendors. :ph34r:   

IMG_2022-9-8-190540.jpg.0eb66020397ba4944f7605b1a4df9903.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Willy iineHaha! That’s a lot of 1060 purchases! They should give you shares in the company by now! I have wondered about trying to  if buy in bulk via a wholesaler. But I guess we all believe the next car will be the last one for a while 😂 

I have some1060s  but tend to go with the 1080 as it’s programmable with the card that’s included. But it’s twice the price and for kits like the comical hornet I don’t think I need that tuning level.

Same goes for the servos. The only issue is that I purchased some $25 servos off Amazon and they were awful. I’m now trying a middle ground of around $40-50 and hoping that will provide decent performance and value.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

@Willy iineHaha! That’s a lot of 1060 purchases! They should give you shares in the company by now! I have wondered about trying to  if buy in bulk via a wholesaler. But I guess we all believe the next car will be the last one for a while 😂 

I have some1060s  but tend to go with the 1080 as it’s programmable with the card that’s included. But it’s twice the price and for kits like the comical hornet I don’t think I need that tuning level.

Same goes for the servos. The only issue is that I purchased some $25 servos off Amazon and they were awful. I’m now trying a middle ground of around $40-50 and hoping that will provide decent performance and value.

Yeah, I use Amazon points so it’s really kind of free to me?  lol.  Totally agree with the servo’s.  I find those $15 violet colored 25kg (?) servo’s very good.   I’m also going to try the JX servos @OoALEJOoO recommended on my Turbo Scorpion soon.  So far, bench test showed it performed just as good as my 1251MG.   I need to verify the max end point angles, but I am assuming the car will mechanically limit the steering lock to lock  before the servo.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah, I use Amazon points so it’s really kind of free to me?  lol.  Totally agree with the servo’s.  I find those $15 violet colored 25kg (?) servo’s very good.   I’m also going to try the JX servos @OoALEJOoO recommended on my Turbo Scorpion soon.  So far, bench test showed it performed just as good as my 1251MG.   I need to verify the max end point angles, but I am assuming the car will mechanically limit the steering lock to lock  before the servo.  

Interesting. I will check out the JX Servos then I think. Thanks. 

A job lot of TB-02R and Evo III carbon plates

spacer.png

I primarily bought it because it includes the Evo III Battery Plate which I couldn't find anywhere, and the Carbon Fibre chassis brace for the TB-02R. As far as I know Tamiya only released this in SSG carbon so it must be an after-market part, but it will look better than the SSG part!

By the looks of things most of the plates are brand new, a couple have been sealed with CA and maybe used in a shelf queen, but pretty much spotless.

Annoyingly, there is a bit of CA residue on one of the damper mounts and one of the battery plates

spacer.png

I'm going to try and get it off, does anyone have any tips or experience of getting CA residue off carbon plates?

Any advice welcome 😃

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

I'm going to try and get it off, does anyone have any tips or experience of getting CA residue off carbon plates?

Any advice welcome 😃

Nice haul👍🏻

Try on small piece some acetone, might work but there's a chance it could bloom.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, svenb said:

Nice haul👍🏻

Try on small piece some acetone, might work but there's a chance it could bloom.

Hmmm, some internet says acetone good, other internet says acetone baaaaaad

Some internet say debonder good....other internet say WD40 works

:blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko:

• Confused 1

@Juhunio You can use micromesh with water and get the CA off. If you end up burning into the CF, no problem.  Just dab or spray clear gloss.  GL!

For me, 1252MG for my Egress Black.  :D 

IMG_2022-9-9-180936.jpg.3575420eb3fc39f1dd8ad42ba607adc3.jpg

32 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

@Willy iinethe 1252 is the short servo right? Is there any downside not to using a full size servo?

Yes, it's a low profile servo (faster version of the 1251MG).. the Egress does not call out a low profile servo in the manual, but since I've had great luck with this servo through the years and since my other cars that do require a low profile servo already runs this servo, I basically just buy this one for all applications across the board for faster cars.  

I like to keep the electronics the same on faster cars so that I can compare chassis performance unaffected by electronics limitations.. if that makes sense.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I like to keep the electronics the same on faster cars so that I can compare chassis performance unaffected by electronics limitations.. if that makes sense.  

Yes, thanks, that totally makes sense. Good to know there is no impact of low profile servos. One of the servos that arrived in the post yesterday was also low profile. Although I didn’t realise that when I ordered it 😬

2 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Yes, thanks, that totally makes sense. Good to know there is no impact of low profile servos. One of the servos that arrived in the post yesterday was also low profile. Although I didn’t realise that when I ordered it 😬

NP.  The only issue you *might* encounter is the take off location of the servo cable from the housing if the chassis was intended to use full sized servos.  But I am sure you can figure out a quick work around if you do encounter that.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

NP.  The only issue you *might* encounter is the take off location of the servo cable from the housing if the chassis was intended to use full sized servos.  But I am sure you can figure out a quick work around if you do encounter that.  

Thanks. That make sense but certainly won’t be an issue for the next couple of builds as servo and ESC are closely located.

• Like 1