backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

This is for my next series.. touring car.

The ESC and motor is a Hobbywing XR10 Pro G2S/V10 G4 Motor Combo (21.5T)..and the programmer for it.

I was thinking maybe get the Wifi module, but I won’t be driving the car after setup probably and may use the programmer only a few times so decided to get the hand held programmer to upgrade my old basic one for my other HW BL ESC’s.   B)

IMG_2022-9-19-185900.jpg.874f62eec24bb8a9122e53d074b9cb5e.jpg

• Like 8

Today I just received ball bearing set for my TT-01E build, forgot to take picture but oh well. 

I don't feel like making entire thread for this so quick question: is cleaning and oiling ball bearing necessary for new unused fresh from factory bearings or only for old and dirty ones? This is casual build so I'm not looking for 0.01 second advantage or anything.

A massive bundle of TB02 / TB02-R parts from Japan. It's a proper Box of Delights, so much stuff that I've had to photograph it in three parts!

Aluminium / Blue bits / Hop Ups

The main reason I bought it is that I wanted the blue motor mount, prop shaft and one way for my TB02-R. I've been looking for them for three years and this is the first time I've seen them, anywhere

spacer.png

Plastics

Everything needed to build either chassis variant apart from the K Parts tree. Actually to build a 'straight' TB02 I would need correct lower arms and front uprights / hub carriers (instead of using the reversible / lightweight set)

spacer.png

Carbon / chassis bits:

• Two battery plates!
  • Two options for the under-chassis brace, the original Tamiya SSG part and a 3rd party carbon fibre part. I'm going to stick the carbon part on my 02-R
  • Evo III Surikarn damper stays; I'm going to use these on my Evo III build as I have the necessary 53628 upper arm mounts in place, meaning I can then sell the Evo III parts currently in the build 
  • Stabilisers

spacer.png

Plan is:

• fit the prop shaft, one way, motor mount and carbon fibre under-chassis brace to my TB02-R
  • use the ball diff I take out my 02-R, along with the prop shaft, motor mount and spur holder to build a 'stock' TB02 using the relevant bits above plus a few correct suspension parts and some bits and bobs I've got lying around
  • stick the Surikarn damper stays on my Evo III
  • sell everything else!
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Gabranth said:

Today I just received ball bearing set for my TT-01E build, forgot to take picture but oh well. 

I don't feel like making entire thread for this so quick question: is cleaning and oiling ball bearing necessary for new unused fresh from factory bearings or only for old and dirty ones? This is casual build so I'm not looking for 0.01 second advantage or anything.

If the bearings are pre-lubed there is no need to lube them..Some are sold dry, but unless you specifically chose dry bearings, most sold on the market today come pre-lubed.  GL with your build!  

3 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Juhunio Do you like buy the entire store each time?  :lol:

Ha! No, that was all one order, a job-lot

• Haha 1

Just now, Juhunio said:

Ha! No, that was all one order, a job-lot

Saves in freight!  I do that too, but not at your scale and frequency.  :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Saves in freight! 

No, not even that. It was just one auction listing that contained everything in the pics. It came in under the import duty threshold and was packed very efficiently so the courier to the UK was reasonable too 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gabranth said:

Just bung them in!!!!!

• Haha 1

I have a clear Marui addiction, another confirmation came today... A third Marui Thunderbird Coors arrived today at home...
NEbdakB.jpg

I did not even searched for it, as it was proposed to me by the seller... But I should really stop buying cars...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

If the bearings are pre-lubed there is no need to lube them..Some are sold dry, but unless you specifically chose dry bearings, most sold on the market today come pre-lubed.  GL with your build!  

Thanks, indeed it says pre-lubricated

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gabranth said:

Thanks, indeed it says pre-lubricated

Awesome, man.  You’re all set!  GL with your build.  B)

Took delivery of a vintage Adspec Plus tx / rx / cpr unit for my Avanti-gator build: 

spacer.pngspacer.png

To be period-correct for my build (which imagines an early/mid-nineties Avante reboot) I needed something from that timeframe. Getting dates on Tamiya electronics was harder than I thought, but I narrowed it down to this model as feeling like it must be in the right ballpark. Only when it actually arrived could I confirm. It is indeed from 1993.

The bronze/gold CPR 160 heatsink is pretty beautiful. The whole thing is in great condition. Not mint (not the box, at least), but much nicer than I expected from the pictures on eBay. Looks hardly used.

spacer.png

• Like 9

2C82F3B7-1D74-4212-B497-9FE9E8389E50.jpg
so we have paint for the Calibra, a few assorted bearings that I needed, 2x2S hardcase Core RC lipos and 1x2S Core RC shorty lipo.

• Like 3

I really bought this car only because of the almost new tires for my Monster Racer…

344c6ecf-05f6-46d8-9zkd7q.jpeg

…now it turns out that the chassis is also almost as good as new.

94168e6a-8ad9-4917-8bifsf.jpeg

6878027b-4832-4619-83vc9u.jpeg

The ball diff also feels buttery smooth…

4c723d44-4a31-448d-9fjdau.jpeg

The body is horribly painted (completely red), but no cracks and the paint can be removed with your fingernails...no Lexan paint was used...perfect for a restoration project!

• Like 11

TBF I've had the body set for a few months, but the chassis kit arrived today 😃

spacer.png

I wasn't expecting the aluminium motor mount and sport tuned motor to be in there, so that was a bit of a bonus 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Juhunio said:

TBF I've had the body set for a few months, but the chassis kit arrived today 😃

spacer.png

I wasn't expecting the aluminium motor mount and sport tuned motor to be in there, so that was a bit of a bonus 

Nice find, especially with the mount to save a few quid. Just needs bearings! I’m just about to build mine 👍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sgt.Speirs said:

I really bought this car only because of the almost new tires for my Monster Racer…

344c6ecf-05f6-46d8-9zkd7q.jpeg

…now it turns out that the chassis is also almost as good as new.

94168e6a-8ad9-4917-8bifsf.jpeg

6878027b-4832-4619-83vc9u.jpeg

The ball diff also feels buttery smooth…

4c723d44-4a31-448d-9fjdau.jpeg

The body is horribly painted (completely red), but no cracks and the paint can be removed with your fingernails...no Lexan paint was used...perfect for a restoration project!

Very nice 👍

Not quite reaching @Juhunio standards..:ph34r: :lol:my contribution for today..

These are for my 420X with NRB STI body I intend to run..

IMG_2022-9-23-104913.jpg.3127e0d1489a869c0ab17fd757144566.jpg

I still have a box full of sedan wheels and tires from my racing days so will check those out as well when the time comes.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

These are for my 420X with NRB STI body I intend to run

Wait what, it’s an 8 wheeler? 😂

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Wait what, it’s an 8 wheeler? 😂

Wait, you told me to get minimum 2 cars, right?   :D