backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 minute ago, GeeWings said:

Nice kit @toyolien! Will be interesting to see what you do with it.

Thanks. It's going to be a road going rally car type build. Waiting for the new Tamiya Lancer Evo V body. It's due in a month or so.

• Like 3

Just now, toyolien said:

Thanks. It's going to be a road going rally car type build. Waiting for the new Tamiya Lancer Evo V body. It's due in a month or so.

Yes, nice! I’ve not ventured much beyond the retro buggies and the GF01 chassis but the TT-02 is always tempting and the new Evo body certainly looks great. 

11 hours ago, toyolien said:

I was considering doing the exact same thing:  TT02SR Evo V road rally.  Do you know if the Evo V is going to be available as a separate body set?  I'd only seen it mentioned as the TT02 kit so far.

6 hours ago, Blista said:

I was considering doing the exact same thing:  TT02SR Evo V road rally.  Do you know if the Evo V is going to be available as a separate body set?  I'd only seen it mentioned as the TT02 kit so far.

Don't think so. Luckily my two daughters would like a TT02 each for Christmas so I've ordered two Lancer kits and two other bodies for them. 

• Like 1

The most expensive 18t pinion I've ever picked up!  :lol:

hA5jOZm.jpg

Good thing it came with all that other stuff...

• Haha 6

On 9/24/2022 at 10:29 PM, toyolien said:

I hope the build is going to get recorded in the scale garage. Should make for some great photos.

1 hour ago, naturbo2000 said:

I hope the build is going to get recorded in the scale garage. Should make for some great photos.

Oh absolutely it will. Might make a start on the chassis next week or so. I still need to finish my XV-02 as well, but life is busy at the moment...

• Like 1

The turnbuckles for the DT-03 turned up today along with a new pinion. Some harder oil on the way too after reading up on the @ThunderDragonCy build thread from a while back. 7AF840C8-64AE-45F4-BE9F-9D12D386B483.thumb.jpeg.a3ce41e0cb23510cc8af8ddc1a683342.jpeg

• Like 4

Delivery arrived early this morning with the oil to experiment with on the DT-03 and some bits for my TD2 build. No idea about the quality of the oil but they both definitely look thicker in the bottle. I’m off work today so I’ll have time for messing about. A5299F57-DD72-494A-A0C0-16B5E4043C32.thumb.jpeg.163cada677757da686db616f1dac6e7b.jpeg

• Like 4

Not the Postman, got it myself from my LHS

20220929_160941.jpg For my TA03F budget rally build

And finally these (were on backorder for a while...)

20220929_161528.jpg Love these, just an undertray missing for my Mid and then I can start my Ultima/turbo Optima/Optima Mid combined build.

But boy they were even more expensive than I expected. I paid more for these than I paid a few months back for my TA03RS Porsche GT1 Street kit.

Got myself a duo charger that was on sale to compensate :D

20220929_163702.jpg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

just an undertray missing for my Mid

Apparently it is available and I wanted to order this together with some wheels/tires but will only be delivered in the UK :(.

If any of you guys in the UK is willing to help me out with this (of course I will pay up front) please PM me 

IMG_2022-9-29-140107.jpg.5c89b9793695eabb787908352f3d7827.jpg

Adding LED’s and swapping the receiver with a SR315 so that I can run off my usual Spektrum transmitter and have aux to turn on/off the lights with 3rd party aux switch. B)

• Like 7

Postman brought me a fast delivery from RC Kleinkram. This is the starting point for my rally build off. The Nissan body will be sold to keep the budget low.

IMG20220930161714_68xA3zE398.thumb.jpeg.f3390b6a4383b1be4b0d59cc26e6b76c.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Postman brought me a fast delivery from RC Kleinkram. This is the starting point for my rally build off. The Nissan body will be sold to keep the budget low.

IMG20220930161714_68xA3zE398.thumb.jpeg.f3390b6a4383b1be4b0d59cc26e6b76c.jpeg

Which body will you use then?

I completed a TT-02 rally build this year and it ended up not being so "budget" 😅 but it drives absolutely awesome.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

I completed a TT-02 rally build this year and it ended up not being so "budget" 😅 but it drives absolutely awesome.

I will use the Killerbody Subaru BRZ. Glad you like your TT-02 rally build. I'm aiming for awesome but still hoping for 'budget'. :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

Double Post.

Edit:

But to explain why I use a Killerbody body is that at least here in Germany body sets from Tamiya have become really expensive or are not available. And if I buy the parts (body, spoiler, mirrors, stickers) separately I will easily reach 70€. And that makes no sense to me when I can get a kit for 75€.

Edited by Aerobert