backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Some lens film from AMain Hobbies for the Peugeot 205 T16. Thanks to @Juhunio for pointing me in the right direction.

ST6Xk8q.jpg

And a used TA03R from eBay, that ended up being quite a bargain. Bodyshell is past it but chassis is in good condition and came with some useful spares :) 

sLxdOFe.jpg

• Like 9

Some paints to complete all the immediate projects that have stalled!

5EEBDF34-1EAA-4AE7-A20B-937FA21C5E6A.jpeg.bcf8e306bd0f08d647b9860f00bf77b5.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-10-3-150816.jpg.5048863be22ceebdcbe8abef988f141b.jpg

Body for my 420X.   B)

Oooh, that has been on my wishlist since in it came out but, like so many bodies, is waaay beyond my skill level. I passed on buying a really well done used body and regretted it too. But then again, I have nowhere to display it.

I have a soft spot for Subarus - my Grandfather had a saloon in the late '80s (I think it was called a Leone in some markets). It was his last car.

Are you go in going to cut some of the vents out rather than use stickers?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Some paints to complete all the immediate projects that have stalled!

Nice collection!   I too got some black TS paint today.. it's somewhere in the back end of my paint shelf..  :lol:

IMG_2022-10-3-171838.jpg.78620e04b0ceb756bc2fb77971ac8781.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Oooh, that has been on my wishlist since in it came out but, like so many bodies, is waaay beyond my skill level. I passed on buying a really well done used body and regretted it too. But then again, I have nowhere to display it.

I have a soft spot for Subarus - my Grandfather had a saloon in the late '80s (I think it was called a Leone in some markets). It was his last car.

Are you go in going to cut some of the vents out rather than use stickers?

Nice!   

Yeah, I currently own two 1:1 VA WRX's (one is a WRX Limited post-facelift, one is a STI pre-facelift) so it just seemed natural to have a 4WD touring machine run this body.  B)

I will see if the vents can be trimmed out or just run decals.  Wish me hope.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-3-19-183439.jpg.f6fd20879bf5601e20d5db77adfdc078.jpg

• Like 2

Nice shell @Willy iineI look forward to seeing what you do with it. Do you already have a scheme in mind?

I grabbed more paints than I probably need but here in Oz we had such a long wait (months with no stock) that I didn't want to risk running out during builds! 

3 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Nice shell @Willy iineI look forward to seeing what you do with it. Do you already have a scheme in mind?

I grabbed more paints than I probably need but here in Oz we had such a long wait (months with no stock) that I didn't want to risk running out during builds! 

Thanks!  For the NBR STI, I plan to do box art actually.  I really like the livery on that car and overall color scheme.  I bought some gray and black Tamiya wheels that look like Enkei RS05RR wheels.  I have high hope it's going to look very good on the car.  B)

I hear ya about the lead-time.. and also freight.  Those cans cost $7 each in the USA, but freight is like $5.. so I usually buy a minimum of 4-5 cans per order to minimize the per-can freight impact.. or toss in a bunch of cans when I buy a kit for free shipping.   I use red and black paints like toilet paper so I can never have too many. :D 

23 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I use red and black paints like toilet paper so I can never have too many. :D 

Doesn't it stick? ;)

• Haha 5

Not the postman, but the brother in law. Nice of him to bring these along when picking me up at the airport. 

ibDK9qc.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I currently own two 1:1 VA WRX's

Hang on! I only just read this again and noticed... Two! Very nice. Presumably you also need two 1:10 kits too? It's just logic ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Opened up one of my to SG PJ order from 12 September. 

nlitFlD.jpg

Mostly Mini 4WDs in this order with a bit of RC stuff. 

AHJJhKb.jpeg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Opened up one of my to SG PJ order from 12 September. 

nlitFlD.jpg

Mostly Mini 4WDs in this order with a bit of RC stuff. 

AHJJhKb.jpeg

Nice little haul. Is that the starter, main course or dessert!!!!

got a package with a bunch of goodies. but shipping from Japan had turned seriously expensive though..

IMG-0385.jpg

some different wheel sets in different offsets, 3 Yokomo wing accessory sets, Yokomo aluminium spool,  Tamiya aluminium spring retainers, an Eagle racing carbon battery holder for FF-03 and some Yokomo suspension parts with disc brakes/calipers for MR-4TC.

IMG-0389.jpg

Toyota Supra body shell and Yokomo drift sticker set

IMG-0391.jpg

Top Secret Nissan Silvia S15 body shell with accessory parts (but  with no stickers/masking), and Yokomo sticker set.

• Like 4

Came home to a big box sitting on my deck with a familiar logo...

7BDF051C-DBC3-4851-8E60-0936F6D9D1EA.jpeg.e508ceb9f79b0dde5c6d4bdcbc25d4cd.jpeg

I thought it looked good but wasn’t interested and decided to pass on it, told myself It took up too much space, wasn’t ever gonna use it, didn’t need it, etc.... but here it is anyway because I clearly have an addiction or something :lol:...

C1EAE2A5-3641-41C1-99B2-FF3982898610.thumb.jpeg.42717df973f165fbf7526f8a7a11b385.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Nice little haul. Is that the starter, main course or dessert!!!!

That is just opening up a random box before jetlag took me. Now working on a different luggage strategy which may allow me to bring far more back., 😏 Stay tuned. 

On 10/3/2022 at 9:29 PM, alvinlwh said:

Not the postman, but the brother in law. Nice of him to bring these along when picking me up at the airport. 

ibDK9qc.jpg

Is the NSR 500 the hang on rider or static rider version ? 
I have a vintage static rider one in my garage . I kind of want to get some repro decals and do it up in proper Rothman’s box art 

On 10/3/2022 at 9:29 PM, alvinlwh said:

ibDK9qc.jpg

I have a vintage static rider one in my garage . I kind of want to get some repro decals and do it up in proper Rothman’s box art.

The rest of the haul looks fun,too. 

1 hour ago, ImALlama said:

Came home to a big box sitting on my deck with a familiar logo...

7BDF051C-DBC3-4851-8E60-0936F6D9D1EA.jpeg.e508ceb9f79b0dde5c6d4bdcbc25d4cd.jpeg

I thought it looked good but wasn’t interested and decided to pass on it, told myself It took up too much space, wasn’t ever gonna use it, didn’t need it, etc.... but here it is anyway because I clearly have an addiction or something :lol:...

C1EAE2A5-3641-41C1-99B2-FF3982898610.thumb.jpeg.42717df973f165fbf7526f8a7a11b385.jpeg

Awesome!  Congrats.  You'll figure out a way to push your wife out of the house to make space.  ;)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

I have a vintage static rider one in my garage . I kind of want to get some repro decals and do it up in proper Rothman’s box art.

The rest of the haul looks fun,too. 

This one. 

https://www.asiatees.com/display?id=187401

Says hang on in the product info? 

13 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Awesome!  Congrats.  You'll figure out a way to push your wife out of the house to make space.  ;)

No need lol, she actually pushed me out of the house a couple months ago, now all the space gets to be rc space :lol:

On with the unpacking, now a 31 Aug PJ to SG order. 

35wNOeg.jpg

And the RC specific items in this order. 

DVlcHou.jpg

• Like 2

Woohoo 😃 a Tamico order arrived today..

A box of bits and pieces for a Street Scorcher build, hopefully it’ll work out that I’ve got the right parts to turn the TA02 into a basic TA02SW 🤔

01D65F0E-B14F-442B-8E5F-12D3548F2BB6.jpg

• Like 5