backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

spacer.png

A bit TA02'd out at the moment having built four this year so fancied something a bit different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

spacer.png

A bit TA02'd out at the moment having built four this year so fancied something a bit different. 

Nice

Tricky paint job?

1 hour ago, svenb said:

Nice

Tricky paint job?

Yeah i think the blue and white areas can be difficult to mask. Probably one for next year. Looking forward to building the engine its got that hangs off the back

F267576E-84FA-4374-913C-D557C21581D6.jpg
21BF5C8C-A6DE-4F8D-B051-71EF05371917.jpg Spurred on by @Yoshimitsuand his Talbot I thought I’d give L&L another chance. I have to say all looks good. Will be fitted to my fwd tt02-s that I’ve just converted. Going to use magnetic mounts. The other wheels I just bought on a whim???

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:
4 hours ago, Superluminal said:

spacer.png

17291325-7870-400B-83F3-3C4F0A1DB056.jpg Don’t you just love a baby Fiat racer❤️❤️❤️

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

The other wheels I just bought on a whim???

Nice!! Are they touring car size or m-chassis steel wheels?

1 minute ago, Superluminal said:

Nice!! Are they touring car size or m-chassis steel wheels?

They are touring car size. They come with nuts and bolts to simulate wheel nuts. It’s a shame they aren’t M chassis as they would look good on a beetle? Maybe ok with a low profile tyre?

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Spurred on by @Yoshimitsuand his Talbot I thought I’d give L&L another chance. I have to say all looks good. Will be fitted to my fwd tt02-s that I’ve just converted. Going to use magnetic mounts. The other wheels I just bought on a whim???

Nice, I've got one too and it's by far the best quality shell I've had from L&L. Probably because I don't think they actually make it

Let us know how you get on fitting it to a TT02. The area in front of the front wheels is very shallow and the moulding is quite deep in places, so I struggled to get it to fit over anything with a urethane bumper. On an FF03 it wouldn't even fit over the plastic bumper without hacking it! I was a bit gutted, because it is a lovely shell and a great livery. Hopefully you'll have a better outcome 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ledfoot said:

My first post and the reason I am partly here 😊

20221018_150040.jpg

That's a good reason 👍

49 minutes ago, Ledfoot said:

My first post and the reason I am partly here 😊

20221018_150040.jpg

Welcome, hope you enjoy the site. Plenty of knowledge in resources and members!!!

• Like 1

Over the years I have probably built 20+ Clod Buster based trucks.  Restorations, modified drivers, shelf queens, comp crawlers, trail rigs, ProMod race trucks... many of these have come and gone thru my hands.  And yet oddly, I have never built up a NIB Clod.  I have kicked myself OH SO MANY TIMES for not picking up a Black Edition kit while they were out (and I still desperately hope to find one at a reasonable price), so I naturally had to jump at the chance to grab one of these:

NBRBc91.jpg

Part of me wants to splurge and grab a second one while I still can... Hmmmm.......

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Part of me wants to splurge and grab a second one while I still can... Hmmmm.......

If you're that into Clods you probably should! If you keep a second one NIB it might help fund an elusive Black edition in the future... :D

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Busdriver said:

21BF5C8C-A6DE-4F8D-B051-71EF05371917.jpg Spurred on by @Yoshimitsuand his Talbot I thought I’d give L&L another chance. I have to say all looks good. Will be fitted to my fwd tt02-s that I’ve just converted. Going to use magnetic mounts. The other wheels I just bought on a whim???

Man, I really wanted one of them! Sold out now.

Looking forward to your build.👍

On 10/18/2022 at 12:43 PM, Busdriver said:

Gorgeous !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Man, I really wanted one of them! Sold out now.

Looking forward to your build.👍

Hope I do it justice. The shape and quality of plastic looks almost Tamiya standard. The stickers will be the challenge. If they don’t conform well it’ll be a nightmare!!!

The website said only 2 when I ordered so someone else must have got in quick!!!

In the end I decided to bought the only one Durga that I can find in local market. Also some hop ups for DT-03. I'm not sure how effective those rib spike tires are, they just look cool to me.

20221020_170019.jpg

• Like 8

Nice one @Willy iine!  A good friend of mine has two of those Mini Z trucks (Jimny & 4Runner) and has nothing but good things to say about them (aside from the scale being a little off between the two).  I actually like that they use AAA's instead of a tiny LiPo. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Nice one @Willy iine!  A good friend of mine has two of those Mini Z trucks (Jimny & 4Runner) and has nothing but good things to say about them (aside from the scale being a little off between the two).  I actually like that they use AAA's instead of a tiny LiPo. 

Awesome, thanks for the info!  I heard good things about this Jeep running the longer wheel base.  The main reason why I bought it was because the chassis (and servo) was designed by Akira Kogawa, the same designer who did the Optima MID and others.  I am making a corner in my pretend RC shop dedicated to his work.  

I'm going to test drive the crawler in a bit.  :D 

• Like 2

Came home to a late delivery from AT, arrived the day after I flew off. Thanks to @ad456 for picking it up from the floor.

UqYSO2z.jpg

• Like 2