backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 11/17/2022 at 7:05 AM, naturbo2000 said:

Finally had the wheels arrive to finish my Avante Black build. Been waiting since July (!) but all is good. Quality is as good as I'd been told. Now just need to make up some Cam-Locs using the wrong screws as the right ones are made of unobtainium.

_20221117_115542.thumb.JPG.09314913331a7736c351ddddd5df85ed.JPG

Edit - Is there such a thing as "too bling"? Though it's not like those wheels will venture off the shelf as it has a set of running boots. I've also lost the screws, so ordered another set, hence the trial fitment of the CamLoc for now

y4mAvIQzTc_YlfbNeoFrRBN_hdKNoNTNEIo3vjbf

That looks great!  I like it.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ECE3-A583-1-FA4-4-A23-9-C0-B-E66-B9-F4-B

Tamiya has given me the strength to take on this speed machine. Wish me luck :lol: 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, 53HRA said:

ECE3-A583-1-FA4-4-A23-9-C0-B-E66-B9-F4-B

Tamiya has given me the strength to take on this speed machine. Wish me luck :lol: 

Hope you can afford tyres every two battery packs! Unlike the infraction, these have a larger rear offset, so you cannot swap front to rear to make the most of your tyres as well 😐

• Like 1

IMG_2022-11-19-140234.jpg.720250cb7a1a8557444d76875d35dadc.jpg

This is the short one and should be sufficient for my driving.  If the landing is too abrupt, I plan to get another one for the down ramp.  :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Alloy wheels for my Turbo Optima and tires to go with them.  

IMG_2022-11-21-111200.jpg.4cb376c0a60e752685d79734e9a9c23a.jpg

Also got this.. I am glad Kyosho marked their box that I got the Beetle 100x cause I’m like which car is this?   What which car again?  come again?  :lol:

IMG_2022-11-21-161855.jpg.fd02d3dba53c64391605d76fb6222e2a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Postie put this through the letter box today carbon upgrade kit for my Optima mid:D  this carbon fibre is very blingy it really pops in the light and a lot cheaper than the kyosho carbon fibre! Probably not going to be straight forward to swap the parts over:unsure:?

20221122_152944.jpg

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, moffman said:

Postie put this through the letter box today carbon upgrade kit for my Optima mid:D  this carbon fibre is very blingy it really pops in the light and a lot cheaper than the kyosho carbon fibre! Probably not going to be straight forward to swap the parts over:unsure:?

I run it on my yellow Optima MID.  It looks good.  I highly recommend you sand the edges (wear N95) and cement before installation.  Unlike the Kyosho's CF, they are kind of rough.  Good thing it looks like they didn't forget to include the front and rear suspension hinge bracket (?) pieces in your set.  I had to buy the Kyosho ones as mine was missing them..

That said, I ordered a full set of Kyosho's CF out of Japan a few days ago for cheap due to weak JPY.   I am trying to decide whether to build another Optima MID with it or just swap the Yeah Racing one.. My white Optima MID runs full Kyosho CF less bottom deck for variety..

IMG_2022-11-6-122442.jpg.786212e2ad7111cf2028679ce2508eaa.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I run it on my yellow Optima MID.  It looks good.  I highly recommend you sand the edges (wear N95) and cement before installation.  Unlike the Kyosho's CF, they are kind of rough.  Good thing it looks like they didn't forget to include the front and rear suspension hinge bracket (?) pieces in your set.  I had to buy the Kyosho ones as mine was missing them..

That said, I ordered a full set of Kyosho's CF out of Japan a few days ago for cheap due to weak JPY.   I am trying to decide whether to build another Optima MID with it or just swap the Yeah Racing one.. My white Optima MID runs full Kyosho CF less bottom deck for variety..

IMG_2022-11-6-122442.jpg.786212e2ad7111cf2028679ce2508eaa.jpg

That's looking absolutely sweet:wub: cheers I'll keep that in mind I must admit I used to super glue the carbon bits way back in my nitro racing days and early days of manufacturers using carbon fibre my mugen had very little but my short run with kyosho did see it split because of the mud and water etc! 

What's it like swapping the metal parts for the carbon? is it a pain to do the front hinge behind the bumper looks a bit of a bummer but then so does the main chassis:unsure:?

13 minutes ago, moffman said:

That's looking absolutely sweet:wub: cheers I'll keep that in mind I must admit I used to super glue the carbon bits way back in my nitro racing days and early days of manufacturers using carbon fibre my mugen had very little but my short run with kyosho did see it split because of the mud and water etc! 

What's it like swapping the metal parts for the carbon? is it a pain to do the front hinge behind the bumper looks a bit of a bummer but then so does the main chassis:unsure:?

Thanks, when I saw the CF all on its own I felt the same way.. like woah super bling.! :blink:..but once on the car, it's like it needs that level of silver to stand out from the other parts.  I've gotten many compliments on it.  

The CF parts fit perfectly and nothing out of the ordinary when swapping the metal parts to CF.  The Yeah Racing set is precisely cut.  Enjoy your car's new look.  :D   I have a polycarbonate tray coming soon to protect the CF on the bottom.. was going to use that opportunity to swap to the Kyosho CF.. but I might just save the Kyosho CF for a rainy day. 

• Like 1

Got some receivers and acrylic colors + brushes. I plan on painting my first driver figure! (For hornet build) But I realized i need more colors to paint figures… what was I thinking when I was ordering those haha. Time to order more colors (red, yellow, etc and some mixing jars)

CA56100D-19B2-490D-8704-C9D8B0E4EB43.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Amazon has (had?) these on sale.   :D  They work great with the LeMans motors.

IMG_2022-11-22-183143.jpg.1cd0712402322f6cb4d5fc676dd9fab2.jpg

After I read your comment, I had to look up amazon lol and saw 10BL120 esc on sale for $37 bucks… hmm lol I already have TBLE02s and TBLE04..

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks, when I saw the CF all on its own I felt the same way.. like woah super bling.! :blink:..but once on the car, it's like it needs that level of silver to stand out from the other parts.  I've gotten many compliments on it.  

The CF parts fit perfectly and nothing out of the ordinary when swapping the metal parts to CF.  The Yeah Racing set is precisely cut.  Enjoy your car's new look.  :D   I have a polycarbonate tray coming soon to protect the CF on the bottom.. was going to use that opportunity to swap to the Kyosho CF.. but I might just save the Kyosho CF for a rainy day. 

I've just had a closer look at your mid is the front rear anti-roll bars kyosho's or another manufacturer? Kyosho anti roll bars are expensive for what they are!

56 minutes ago, moffman said:

I've just had a closer look at your mid is the front rear anti-roll bars kyosho's or another manufacturer? Kyosho anti roll bars are expensive for what they are!

It's Kyosho's.  I know people were raving about them, but it's so soft I honestly don't think it's really doing all that much.  I have another set, but my white MID does not run it.. it's more bling to me than anything.  :lol:  I will say subtle improvements are good, however.

• Like 1

Another impulse purchase… this came up via Facebook and I couldn’t resist as a Pajero has been on my most wanted list for a while! Shell has seen better days but the chassis seems OK from a quick once over glance.

52519270360_2c68ddf644_b.jpg

52518794771_b8a4d7e662_b.jpg

• Like 4

E4BD93D7-9C46-4B45-87B1-793B46F39C8D.jpg
49830944-7564-443B-8D77-A5C85FAF2BFD.jpg
This arrived today courtesy of L&L. It’s an odd shaped body but just what I needed for my shortened Gmade GOM chassis. The rear links are just mocked up at the minute but so far so good. It’s 224mm wheelbase and 280mm wide. Perfect for what I’m trying to achieve.

Edit 324mm wheelbase🙊

Edited by Busdriver
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Another impulse purchase… this came up via Facebook and I couldn’t resist as a Pajero has been on my most wanted list for a while! Shell has seen better days but the chassis seems OK from a quick once over glance.

52519270360_2c68ddf644_b.jpg

52518794771_b8a4d7e662_b.jpg

I had a hand-me-down one of those back in the day! I think mine had Brat style tyres and a blue body. I'd love to stumble upon it in a shed somewhere. 

My pops 450 arrived today, and my adapters for the grasshopper showed up as well so I can finally put that back together and try for 50mph :lol:

D72C7CF1-B3F5-4F0F-9148-86189B63C253.jpeg.c5695a6471b8a24af0ca875d4ef18ff9.jpeg7EF65A54-E936-4EC6-9796-5FAB2582284A.jpeg.d965f94f42c8fd48a9187eb165840ea8.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

I had a hand-me-down one of those back in the day! I think mine had Brat style tyres and a blue body. I'd love to stumble upon it in a shed somewhere. 

Nice! The Brat tyre version is the first release I think and looks better than the big tyre version I reckon.

6 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Just seen another one on eBay currently at £85. I’m almost tempted. I don’t normally like the wheely stuff but that body just works!!!

3 hours ago, ImALlama said:

My pops 450 arrived today, and my adapters for the grasshopper showed up as well so I can finally put that back together and try for 50mph :lol:

D72C7CF1-B3F5-4F0F-9148-86189B63C253.jpeg.c5695a6471b8a24af0ca875d4ef18ff9.jpeg7EF65A54-E936-4EC6-9796-5FAB2582284A.jpeg.d965f94f42c8fd48a9187eb165840ea8.jpeg

That truck looks ace. Muscle in a truck body, what more could you want!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Just seen another one on eBay currently at £85. I’m almost tempted. I don’t normally like the wheely stuff but that body just works!!!

And another for £250! 🤯

It is a nice balance between the scale and the slight silliness. 

Part of me is interested in doing a resto job on something but I can't quite get my head around what happens after. I don't really want an older model "on the shelf" that I won't run for fear of breaking it, and I don't think I'd do it genuine justice in terms of restoration to sell on. Maybe if I snapped up something in a job lot. 

Got 2 Gens Ace Lipos in Tamiya-friendly shape on Black Week sale. 33£ each is not bad for batteries with this spec imo.

DSC_0009.JPG

• Like 2