backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

39 minutes ago, Andreas W said:

Got 2 Gens Ace Lipos in Tamiya-friendly shape on Black Week sale. 33Β£ each is not bad for batteries with this spec imo.

Β 

DSC_0009.JPG

Nice. Where were they from?

• Thanks 1

Been a while since I posted on this thread, great to see all the cool stuff you guys have been getting in. Like most of us I'm getting stuff delivered every weekπŸ˜³πŸ˜‚, but this week was particularly vintage...

Got some parts delivered from Italy with the help of my good friend @Sgt.SpeirsΒ (thanks again budπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž) and these help to nearly complete the NIB builds I've been piecing together for my Madcap and Bear Hawk over the past year - more to come on those builds when I have acquired the final parts...

U8FaFvP.jpeg

And also a set of original Monster Racer front tyres (yes I've started collecting a NIB build for that one as well🀫)

gJUW00g.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, toyolien said:

Nice. Where were they from?

LΓΈten RC-Shop here in Norway. I see they are already back to normal price by now, which should be 38,25Β£.

@Kol__

Nice!

I’m getting slightly obsessed with bear hawks and can see an expensive purchase coming up at some point. I look forward to seeing yours mate!

I got a β€œproject” monster racer a few weeks back and I’m also just assembling spares to one day renoΒ it.Β 
Β 

1484380437_ScreenShot2022-11-04at9_59_06am.png.4fbf769fa38b9292f14799efe5be2fc3.png

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

I’m getting slightly obsessed with bear hawks and can see an expensive purchase coming up at some point. I look forward to seeing yours mate!

I got a β€œproject” monster racer a few weeks back and I’m also just assembling spares to one day renoΒ it.Β 

Cheers buddy, yeah there is something about the Bear Hawk. That low slung look with the cage on the rear and no spoiler is just awesome, and quite different to most of the other Tamiya buggies. Fair enough, it's a pretty basic buggy, but it has a charm all of it's own - like many vintage Tamiya's do I suppose. I'm going strictly box art on this one, but would like another to do a custom job on.

Nice work picking up that Monster Racer! Parts are either hard to come by or expensive or bothπŸ™„πŸ˜‚ I have some parts spare already, so just let me know if you need anything mateyπŸ‘πŸ™‚

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Andreas W said:

LΓΈten RC-Shop here in Norway. I see they are already back to normal price by now, which should be 38,25Β£.

Aah thanks. I saw you posted the price in 'Β£' and assumed (wrongly) that you'd bought then in the UK.

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

Aah thanks. I saw you posted the price in 'Β£' and assumed (wrongly) that you'd bought then in the UK.

Hehe:D. I just translated the price, since NOK probably is less current for the majority here.Β 

I’m thinking Santa will be extra busy this year so I’ve told him not to worry about me as I’ve sorted myself out, came home from work to this β€¦β€¦β€¦πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

8E9C8CBA-CC51-42AC-9078-2F9667BF05E1.md.

( Your turn now I believe @Nicadraus πŸ˜‰ )

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I’m thinking Santa will be extra busy this year so I’ve told him not to worry about me as I’ve sorted myself out, came home from work to this β€¦β€¦β€¦πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

I actually called the local shop that used to sell Kyosho here but unfortunately, they have none in stock. I guess I'll have to order from Japan direct. BUt that will come next year though.

Congrats!Β 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Congrats and enjoy. This is the SRB done right and the best suited for modern use of the Scorpion-based chassis. Some wheelweights on the front crossmember and you get rid of 80% of the understeer.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This has been stuck in a delivery office since Wednesday night due to the strikes so I wasn't expecting it until Monday, but fair play to Parcelforce for doing an extraordinary Saturday round to catch up on the backlog πŸ‘

spacer.png

The shell, whiteΒ arms, diff bits and shafts are for a TA02-W carbon chassis bits-a-build project that's now ready to go. Don't think I'll need the Skyline Long Arm Set, but it came in a bundle with the other TA02 parts so πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

So chuffed to have got hold of the body set, I think it looks utterly awesome. The chassis is going to have white arms, red gearboxes and blue hubs / steering arms to match the colour scheme of the shell. It's aΒ Thanksgiving Special πŸ˜ƒ

• Like 10

IMG_2022-11-26-105954.jpg.94c78bf4c43e85c564979d8f960bebd2.jpg

So now I have the body and spare tires for my XV02-Pro buildΒ for next year Β 

Β 

Also TurboScorpion body set. Β :DΒ 

IMG_2022-11-26-110225.jpg.e761a572db4614e1d860a9078d88d57a.jpg

backside..

IMG_2022-11-26-110206.jpg.eb1875d84904ec041e8c4234d49733ec.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Β 

backside..

seems like you are using kyosho le man 240s motors in several builds. What do you think of those? I have one Tamiya tble motor and a hobby wing brushless combo (max10 g2), and curious about leman 240s (would love to get one and try out)

2 hours ago, Sogogi said:

seems like you are using kyosho le man 240s motors in several builds. What do you think of those? I have one Tamiya tble motor and a hobby wing brushless combo (max10 g2), and curious about leman 240s (would love to get one and try out)

Yeah,Β on my Kyosho cars I am running them with the XR10. Β Its gotΒ VERY SMOOTH modulation and drives like my old ThunderPower BL which is very similar to brushed motor throttle ramp. Β I like the motor a lot. Β I will be trying a Tamiya 15.5 with XR10 in the coming week or so on my Egress black. Β 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah,Β on my Kyosho cars I am running them with the XR10. Β Its gotΒ VERY SMOOTH modulation and drives like my old ThunderPower BL which is very similar to brushed motor throttle ramp. Β I like the motor a lot. Β I will be trying a Tamiya 15.5 with XR10 in the coming week or so on my Egress black. Β 

That sounds delightful. I will order couple :)Β . Thanks for sharing your experience!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sogogi said:

That sounds delightful. I will order couple :)Β . Thanks for sharing your experience!

No problem! Β If you're in the USA, you can buy from Amazon for like $79Β shipped too.. it's sold by Amazon Japan, but you can use your usual Amazon account. Β GL hunting! Β 

34 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

No problem! Β If you're in the USA, you can buy from Amazon for like $79Β shipped too.. it's sold by Amazon Japan, but you can use your usual Amazon account. Β GL hunting! Β 

Thanks for the tip! However I ended up using plazajapan since they had some parts i needed which ended up being bit cheaper with shipping overall :)Β (also not in a hurry). Cannot wait! (Well I just said not in a hurry!)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Β 

backside..

Looking forward to the XV (01/02)Β builds. Also, what theme are you you doing with the extra TS body?

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

Looking forward to the XV (01/02)Β builds. Also, what theme are you you doing with the extra TS body?

I'm thinking about doing another color and just masking the body to paint the color instead of using all those decals Kyosho included (blue). Β :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

I'm thinking about doing another color and just masking the body to paint the color instead of using all those decals Kyosho included (blue). Β :lol:

Looking forward to that. At least I will have multiple inspirations and ideas when I finally get my own TS. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Willy iine said:

So now I have the body and spare tires for my XV02-Pro buildΒ for next year

So are you going to build an XV-01 and XV-02 as a pair, for some direct comparison? I was idly thinking about doing similar, if I can get a good deal on an XV-02 chassis.Β 

Kevlar reinforced drive belts from Korea for my Mid and Β turbo Optima, TA03 RS and 2 for the TA03F.

20221127_112736.jpg

• Like 3

20221124-190657.jpg

I had to get another one of these gorgeous mini Lancias. This one is fairly similar to my 1:10 with only some minor changes in decals, being from a different rally. IΒ may put it to good use later on,Β to further develop a certain theme going on in my Delta'sΒ driver cockpit πŸ€”:rolleyes:

• Like 3