backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Not sure if this motor is any good, but for my Egress black build.. will hook up to an earlier gen HW XR10 with the colored wires.. 

IMG_2022-11-27-205659.jpg.604e07df8de7082a6651f1e63acbe979.jpg

• Like 3

Some more tasty bits from Japan

spacer.png

The elusive second blue TA03 pulley means my 'Bluebird' TA03F-TRF project is now good to go, after over a year of collecting all the parts 😃

The TRF415 pulley also means I now have everything I need now to build my TRF415MSX restoration...apart from the servo mounts, which are made from purest unobtainium 🙄

Springs will come in handy down the road sometime

And some nice F103 bits. The CF lower deck is white labelled but reassuringly has the two star logo on the header card 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Some more tasty bits from Japan

spacer.png

The elusive second blue TA03 pulley means my 'Bluebird' TA03F-TRF project is now good to go, after over a year of collecting all the parts 😃

The TRF415 pulley also means I now have everything I need now to build my TRF415MSX restoration...apart from the servo mounts, which are made from purest unobtainium 🙄

Springs will come in handy down the road sometime

And some nice F103 bits. The CF lower deck is white labelled but reassuringly has the two star logo on the header card 

Nice.

Jammy so and so ! I'm after one of the aluminium motor mounts. Some F103 parts are getting harder to find 🙄

• Like 1

My chrome frame finally arrived for my kyosho bike :), also got some other stuff

3E086D7B-FCF8-4C23-A8DC-EB98A6724B49.jpeg.6cbbda4442dc5199146ae1d5c734ffff.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ImALlama said:

My chrome frame finally arrived for my kyosho bike :), also got some other stuff

3E086D7B-FCF8-4C23-A8DC-EB98A6724B49.jpeg.6cbbda4442dc5199146ae1d5c734ffff.jpeg

Whoa. I just looked up on kyosho bike and looks so cool!

a small package showed up. got some MST wheel hubs, caliper set and a Hobbywing Quicrun ESC.

IMG-0523.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Whoa. I just looked up on kyosho bike and looks so cool!

That was my first thought too when I stumbled across it, immediately followed by my second thought “where’s my wallet” :lol:, I’ll be posting pics/vids when I get around to building it, hopefully it’s as cool/fun as it seems

• Like 1

CF bits and black wheel set for my Kyosho Beetle.   I am expecting alloys, but it will take time to get here so will run the black wheels in the mean time.   

IMG_2022-11-30-150407.jpg

• Like 3

Right place at the right time literally gone into my local hobby shop for thin masking  tape for corners and just to catch up with the owner really! and they had just received their orders from tamiya 5 minute before so they are now in the uk:D I know technically not delivered to my door by any delivery company but delivered to the shop (just putting that out there before certain people go off on one)

20221201_122839.jpg

• Like 7

Together with two TamTechs this turned up this week :D Excited!

09-B3942-1.jpg

• Like 6

Goodies from japan have arrived! Buggy tires /wheels, led modules and some small accessories.

A87B75F2-1692-4F9A-8CA6-9AEC946C755F.jpeg

• Like 3

Is this that famous tamiya alloy damper set?!

Looks really good. Plan to use it on my upcoming DT-03 build 

493717CF-ECC4-40E0-B9E4-54A950D0A3F1.jpeg

• Like 6

Another package from japan has arrived.

Le mans motors and some misc stuff!

Haven’t decided where to put Le mans motors… yet

I want to run my cars, but weather is not cooperating haha. 

9AAB5B35-82DC-40CF-9528-AAD11ED5DD27.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Another package from japan has arrived.

Le mans motors and some misc stuff!

Haven’t decided where to put Le mans motors… yet

I want to run my cars, but weather is not cooperating haha. 

Awesome!   Congrats.  I tried that Tamiya 15.5BL on my Egress.. not bad, I don't know whether the earlier gen XR10 is making a difference, but the LeMans240S is smoother with the current gen XR10.  

The reason why I ran the old (NIB) XR10 is because I added a driver and it required me to orient the ESC a certain way (could only achieve this by running the older gen XR10 with a different cable take off for switch and receiver cables). :lol:

a package from Tamico showed up :) contained a Tamiya Skyline R33 GT-R sticker set, 2 Yeah Racing pinions, Tamiya aluminium servo mounts, 3Racing aluminium ball connectors, some Tamiya turn buckles and Losi Set screws.

IMG-0529.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Awesome!   Congrats.  I tried that Tamiya 15.5BL on my Egress.. not bad, I don't know whether the earlier gen XR10 is making a difference, but the LeMans240S is smoother with the current gen XR10.  

The reason why I ran the old (NIB) XR10 is because I added a driver and it required me to orient the ESC a certain way (could only achieve this by running the older gen XR10 with a different cable take off for switch and receiver cables). :lol:

Sounds glorious! (Ordered 2 sets of current gen xr10, thanks to you :) ).

There is something about le mans motor. I feel like i want more of them (wanted to get 480t too, but i gotta resist haha. I need try out what i bought first :) )

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sogogi said:

Sounds glorious! (Ordered 2 sets of current gen xr10, thanks to you :) ).

There is something about le mans motor. I feel like i want more of them (wanted to get 480t too, but i gotta resist haha. I need try out what i bought first :) )

Yeah, the packaging is beautiful on those LeMans motors.  I was in awe when I opened the 240S.  I have a 480 Gold for my Fantom.. it's going to be a beautiful build, I think.  

On the other hand, the Tamiya BL packaging was pretty basic.. :lol:  like what the heck happpened? 

BTW, if you haven't already, you'll want to get sensor cables and the HW programmer..  you need the sensor cable hooked up to get the smoothness. 

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Yeah, the packaging is beautiful on those LeMans motors.  I was in awe when I opened the 240S.  I have a 480 Gold for my Fantom.. it's going to be a beautiful build, I think.  

On the other hand, the Tamiya BL packaging was pretty basic.. :lol:  like what the heck happpened? 

BTW, if you haven't already, you'll want to get sensor cables and the HW programmer..  you need the sensor cable hooked up to get the smoothness. 

Haha yes. Tamiya packaging looks super basic compared to le mans.

luckily i have ordered sensor cables and the programmer (the one you used). Thanks for the reminder though! :)

• Like 1

After being stuck for 3 days thanks to the RM strike, my Aliexpress 1111 sales order had finally arrived. 

HLvVhs0.jpg

Charger, NSR500 stabilizer, steering arm, drive shafts and wheels extenders. 

And from CNHL's Black Friday sales, 2 x 5.6ah 2S2P lipos. 

wqkoAhm.jpg

• Like 1

Finally, after it has been stuck in a distribution center for one week, the postman brought me my first 3D printer. :)

• Like 2

Going through a buggy phase again :lol: 44-FA8-A44-7-F58-416-F-965-C-C80-C8-C6-A

• Like 8