backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

7 hours ago, 53HRA said:

Going through a buggy phase again :lol: 44-FA8-A44-7-F58-416-F-965-C-C80-C8-C6-A

What is that? Looking at the rear wing it's a hobao?

ESCs and bunch of XT60 connectors came in… about 15 years ago, there were not many connector types other than tamiya and deans.. now there are so many haha. Decided to go with XT60 and i will just get an adaptor if needed.

04DB9029-00F4-4298-B53A-F35219236B90.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, moffman said:

What is that? Looking at the rear wing it's a hobao?

You are correct :D  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 53HRA said:

You are correct :D  

Cool looking:wub: so what hobao is it? When I used to race buggy x My first ever nitro buggy I competitively raced was a hyper 8.5 it was brilliant! Good times they were!

Paint package day. I’ve never thought i would be excited about getting paints… rc changed everything. Hopefully I can try to paint my first driver figure. 

1B25581D-2A80-465D-84C7-B3CAC34231FF.jpeg

• Like 6

A very happy day when a shipment comes in!:D Got plenty of parts coming in for an upcoming TT-02. Also got a turnbuckle set for my F104w, but I got too excited and already installed it, hence why it's not here:lol:. Gotta make another order soon as I've realized that I lack shock pliers and have to build 4 super mini CVA shocks in the very near future.

1114372850_RcMartShippment.thumb.jpeg.b0221d1aeea5a2f68eb71d6749fc1baa.jpeg

• Like 6

I went a bit crazy with Black Friday, so MANY parcels have landed this week. All the bits except body shells for two identical crawlers for son and me (so that's his Christmas shopping shopped). And a most fabulous deal on an XV-02, which will stay in its box for a good couple of months I guess. 

2022-12-04_07-42-04

Annoyingly I've yet to receive the long sensor lead I need to get my XV-01 going. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, An_RC_Guy said:

A very happy day when a shipment comes in!:D Got plenty of parts coming in for an upcoming TT-02. Also got a turnbuckle set for my F104w, but I got too excited and already installed it, hence why it's not here:lol:. Gotta make another order soon as I've realized that I lack shock pliers and have to build 4 super mini CVA shocks in the very near future.

1114372850_RcMartShippment.thumb.jpeg.b0221d1aeea5a2f68eb71d6749fc1baa.jpeg

Nice parts. What body are you using on the TT-02? Hopefully you'll do a build thread?

3 hours ago, toyolien said:

Nice parts. What body are you using on the TT-02? Hopefully you'll do a build thread?

It's going to be the 911 RSR Martini Livery, but I plan on straying from the box art and leaving off the Martini livery. I agree with you, it sounds like a build thread is in order!

9 minutes ago, An_RC_Guy said:

It's going to be the 911 RSR Martini Livery, but I plan on straying from the box art and leaving off the Martini livery. I agree with you, it sounds like a build thread is in order!

Oooh. Lovely. 

Hey, you don't fancy getting rid of the kit wheels do you? My (same body, different chassis) build is missing just those 😁

2 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Oooh. Lovely. 

Hey, you don't fancy getting rid of the kit wheels do you? My (same body, different chassis) build is missing just those 😁

Sorry, I don't have any plans on parting with the Fuchs wheels.

7 hours ago, An_RC_Guy said:

Nice. Looking forward to it. I've got a Datsun 240z body I'm collecting parts for 👍👍

• Like 1

a smaller package turned up today, but it was a lot of smaller put still important parts. MST steel screws, Yokomo steel screws, Yokomo titanium screws, MST ball connectors, MST aluminium spacers, MST aluminium disc brakes, MST adjustable wheels, MST rear suspension arms+hubs, Yokomo adjustable suspension mount bushings, Usukani ball end sets, Wrap-Up Next body magnets, MST carbon battery holder set and Reve-D titanium spur gear screws.

IMG-0539.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, An_RC_Guy said:

Sorry, I don't have any plans on parting with the Fuchs wheels.

Was worth an ask! Look forward to seeing your build. I've the same shell but for an XV-01. Not going to do the Martini livery either, trying to find a rally/Safari colour that inspires me. Possibly a pale blue, for some reason. 

Got the mesh to cover holes in my DB01 Durga. But the package would be too light so just pick other cheap stuff20221206_123618.thumb.jpg.29e9d6559ca3c45ffd736dd7d8220a48.jpg

• Like 3

Well, even though today has been a miserably rainy day, the postman came to cheer me up! I got a set of xt60 -to-Tamiya connectors for my hobbywing esc in the case I want to use a lipo instead of my NiMH packs. Found the super stock on amazon for a pretty good price compared to other places as well as shock pliers. Once it's dry outside I'll try out the new motor in my F104W. I was thinking about breaking in the new motor by submersion in demineralized water, as I've seen a few videos demonstrating it.

12_6_2022 Amazon Order.jpg

• Like 2

Tamico Order and Aliexpress came in.

Some nice metallic orange for the Juggernaut, new steel pinions, servo savers (servos will be on the axles) and a dual-motor ESC.

Also a center gearbox and motor mount for my old Mugen Seiki Prime 12 Nitro car, which I'm converting to LIPO/Brushless.

NdLbBGO.jpg

• Like 4

Once I get my Avante driver, going to redo my rere Egress (silver) body to include the driver.  Will save the wing and decals for a rainy day.  :D 

IMG_2022-12-7-171424.jpg.3500462ba96707205e5692b978fffd29.jpg

• Like 5

My Christmas build arrived.  Never had a wild one before.  Super excited to get stuck in.  😊 

D9495A17-D21C-4B54-9D5D-E71FF44444F2.jpeg

• Like 5

Was debating quite a bit between this and cheaper ones... but ended up going straight to this. (At least I love soldering :) )

B2326B82-4E7A-4A5A-A688-D9C6DC32943B.jpeg

• Like 3