backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

12 hours ago, Superluminal said:

So potentially another month of waiting then taking into account the strikes / xmas etc

Fortunately the seller has just refunded me as ive been stung by exceeding the max number of days of refund eligibility on ebay before

I’ve been waiting for some stickers from MCI in Canada since middle of November. They have been in the UK since 4/12 and seem to have moved around the same depot ever since. Have contacted MCI but as usual no response. I don’t think he likes me as I don’t seem to get any responses from him since I complained about quality and detail of a couple of sets of stickers. Shame but I will never use him again!!!….

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

I’ve been waiting for some stickers from MCI in Canada since middle of November. They have been in the UK since 4/12 and seem to have moved around the same depot ever since. Have contacted MCI but as usual no response. I don’t think he likes me as I don’t seem to get any responses from him since I complained about quality and detail of a couple of sets of stickers. Shame but I will never use him again!!!….

Did you pay by Paypal or credit card? Could potentially be worth contacting them at least before exceeding the 48 days grace period or whatever it might be for an overseas transaction - if its the case that there are literally hundreds of thousands of parcels currently sitting there since november and unsorted they are realistically never going to have the resource to get through them and still cope with the current incoming loads so will probably bin the lot of it and claim it was lost. Paying out any insurance will probably be cheaper for them than paying extra staff or overtime to pick through it all and send it out for delivery.

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Did you pay by Paypal or credit card? Could potentially be worth contacting them at least before exceeding the 48 days grace period or whatever it might be for an overseas transaction - if its the case that there are literally hundreds of thousands of parcels currently sitting there since november and unsorted they are realistically never going to have the resource to get through them and still cope with the current incoming loads so will probably bin the lot of it and claim it was lost. Paying out any insurance will probably be cheaper for them than paying extra staff or overtime to pick through it all and send it out for delivery.

Sad but probably very true🙄

• Sad 1

Some TL-01b bits from Tamico to widen the arms on our GF-01.

1672513387678.jpg.ae7cabb5e35ce6db93be084b8585b977.jpg

Dogbones and cvd's, let's see what fits. And different lengths steering arms.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Busdriver said:

11 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Sorry but how is any of this Nathaniel’s fault? Seems its your mail system who needs to be contacted and complained about

On 12/22/2022 at 4:13 PM, moffman said:

Excellent kit! Is it the first schumacher you've built? 

Sure is, and surprisingly I managed to remember the build tips you gave me a month or so ago I think it was. Even more surprising is though I had quite a few close calls with putting tools through my hands I managed to build it without any injuries :)

50E23DDE-20A2-47DF-8A59-F6454F3EB424.jpeg.25a91b8b5d56e9b855d4df9ff0ecc875.jpeg
Hopefully the weather will stay good enough so I can paint it while I wait for my receiver to show up.

As far as post deliveries, got myself some tracks :D

09C81821-AA99-4265-B47C-C7F1E2C6F65E.jpeg.0470c7a7aa140d8aa301987c9f0ce143.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Sorry but how is any of this Nathaniel’s fault? Seems its your mail system who needs to be contacted and complained about

If only contacting the "mail system" was that easy! In the UK there is no one agency at this stage in the process that I am aware of to specifically contact until its been at least provided to the local sorting office for your postcode area - and even then the chances of being able to speak to an actual real life flesh and blood person (and not an online chat bot) who may be interested in looking for your specific parcel among the five million others is practically zero. At the moment there is no real way of knowing specifically where in the "system" an item is - it could be blowing around at the side of the runway where it was last thrown out of the aircraft.

Agreed its not Nathaniels fault personally - no one has suggested it is. But as an online seller of goods he has the obligation to see that it is delivered to the buyer despite where it ends up in the mail system. If the buyer is refunded by paypal or their credit card etc then the seller can later make a claim against any insurance they may (or may not have) taken out when posting it local to them.

Ive been stung in online sales before where ive been strung along by a seller saying "just wait another week" etc only to have inadvertantly exceeded the cut off date for a refund and been left out of pocket and with no item. The advice I have recieved previously from ebay customer service was to raise a claim if you havent received the item the day after its suggested arrival date. If it arrives in the meantime you can cancel the claim - if it doesnt arrive in the response time set for the claim you are then refunded and its then down to the seller to try and recoup their losses.

Obviously if the item does eventually show up much later on then you can do the honest thing and let the buyer know that it has arrived and then paypal them the money back to them, which i have also done in the past (although I imagine there are people out there who arent as honest as that)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ImALlama said:

Sure is, and surprisingly I managed to remember the build tips you gave me a month or so ago I think it was. Even more surprising is though I had quite a few close calls with putting tools through my hands I managed to build it without any injuries :)

50E23DDE-20A2-47DF-8A59-F6454F3EB424.jpeg.25a91b8b5d56e9b855d4df9ff0ecc875.jpeg
Hopefully the weather will stay good enough so I can paint it while I wait for my receiver to show up.

As far as post deliveries, got myself some tracks :D

09C81821-AA99-4265-B47C-C7F1E2C6F65E.jpeg.0470c7a7aa140d8aa301987c9f0ce143.jpeg

Excellent looking cougar! And I'm glad my tips have came to use especially on the saftey side I have the scars of screwdriver through hand and the memories of The trip down to A&E.....not good:(  these hop-ups are a new thing to me I didn't realise tamiya did these as a hop-up? So I take it you can attach them to various rc trucks? 

16 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Because he is the mail company’s client. I can’t claim compensation from the mail company only he can. I’m not suggesting it’s his fault that the item has not been Delivered but I do object to his lack of communication. It is not the first time that I have had no response from him.

• Like 2

My experience with MCI communication is very positive. Best is to make an account (maybe you have it already) for the MCI website and fill in the feedback/complaint form at the bottom of the internet page. Maybe this helps.

And indeed I don't think it is his fault. The shipping updates with all my orders is spot on everyone.

Hope your order will turn up in the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Because he is the mail company’s client. I can’t claim compensation from the mail company only he can. I’m not suggesting it’s his fault that the item has not been Delivered but I do object to his lack of communication. It is not the first time that I have had no response from him.

I have to agree, his communications can be very poor 

6 hours ago, moffman said:

Excellent looking cougar! And I'm glad my tips have came to use especially on the saftey side I have the scars of screwdriver through hand and the memories of The trip down to A&E.....not good:(  these hop-ups are a new thing to me I didn't realise tamiya did these as a hop-up? So I take it you can attach them to various rc trucks? 

I think they were released at the beginning of 22, they fit a few different chassis (listed in pic) and are kinda pricey (especially when buying 3 :() I’ll be putting them on my Volvo dump truck. I was shocked at the size of the box and manual, wasn’t expecting them to be that large 

A557A276-AAD3-4034-BEDF-AF3DA1C8F600.jpeg.5c1879414863342a5f6b07f5151e883e.jpegD7D182E1-34E6-462A-98D2-246641AC0186.jpeg.18ced72b8060d08cc73ff5f9e120e39a.jpeg
xv01 for scale :)

• Like 2

Got these ESCs from Banzai Hobby a few weeks ago; two KO PROPO VFS-FR2 PRO and one Yokomo SCR-BRA (that I have never seen before). 

IMG-2321.jpg

• Like 2

I got a letter from Parcel force saying they won't release my parcel ((eBay purchase from Germany) until I pay them vat @20% and a clearance fee of £12 even though eBay already collected UK vat at point of sell. Need to call them tomorrow to sort it. Surely I shouldn't also be charged a clearance fee also?

• Sad 1

I finally found a front bumper stay for my TRF414M...the body mounts are missing, but that doesn't matter!

b30eb1f6-da15-4eee-a32i62.jpeg

• Like 2

Made the mistake of checking out the Plaza Japan site after everyone here kept raving about it... :P

XG7EkNk.jpg

Despite all the horror stories of long ship times and crazy shipping prices, I found neither to really be that bad.  2 weeks to my door seemed pretty good (especially in December!).  Maybe us Canadians are just so used to getting screwed by postal services that this just seemed pretty standard?  :lol:

By contrast, I placed a Tamico order the same day, and it's still not in Canada 3+ weeks later...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

One more Willy figure for pretend RC shop.  :D 

Nice!  I just finished up one of those myself.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

One more Willy figure for pretend RC shop.  :D 

IMG_2023-1-3-115832.jpg.f78052c8217d63f3f12a64a84c4286cb.jpg

I had seen before that you use little Jack Osbourne figures @Willy iine, gives the perfect odd ball scale with the Willy head.👍😎

Do you just cut Jack's head off each time? ...you must have a draw full of Jack Osbourne heads!?🤣

Edited by Kol__
typo
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kol__ said:

I had seen before that you use little Jack Osbourne figures @Willy iine, gives the perfect odd ball scale with the Willy head.👍😎

Do you just cut Jack's head off each time? ...you must have a draw full of Jack Osbourne heads!?🤣

You just pull the head and it comes off.. kind of a horror movie thing going on , but anyway, this time I am priming his hands in hope that enamel will not interact with the plastic.. wish me hope.. :ph34r:  

IMG_2023-1-3-161408.jpg.4304c2c3f9be5edd2c4776036d806bdc.jpg

• Haha 3

On 1/2/2023 at 9:27 PM, Elbowloh said:

I got a letter from Parcel force saying they won't release my parcel ((eBay purchase from Germany) until I pay them vat @20% and a clearance fee of £12 even though eBay already collected UK vat at point of sell. Need to call them tomorrow to sort it. Surely I shouldn't also be charged a clearance fee also?

Oh Mate I feel your frustration:( it's all over the place at the moment with importing (and exports) I'm not making any excuses for parcelforce or any other courier company but since Brexit (and I'm definitely not getting political eather) I've not bothered ordering items from overseas because you can get caught out really expensively you will have to pay vat on top of vat and vat on the charges aswell its absolute madness! 

what these courier companies have to do is pay said vat on your behalf and claim it back off you basically by holding your items for ransom in effect! And if you don't pay up for whatever reason to expensive etc and you return to sender then you get a refund (normally) the company gets the item back but the courier company doesn't get the vat back its paid on your behalf and this happens with thousands of items a week so I suppose this clearance fee is a way of clawing back the money its lost out on? The paperwork and the expense and red tape on imports/exports at the moment is unbelievably crazy and its definitely going to have a detrimental effect on the UK economy!:D 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, moffman said:

Oh Mate I feel your frustration:( it's all over the place at the moment with importing (and exports) I'm not making any excuses for parcelforce or any other courier company but since Brexit (and I'm definitely not getting political eather) I've not bothered ordering items from overseas because you can get caught out really expensively you will have to pay vat on top of vat and vat on the charges aswell its absolute madness! 

what these courier companies have to do is pay said vat on your behalf and claim it back off you basically by holding your items for ransom in effect! And if you don't pay up for whatever reason to expensive etc and you return to sender then you get a refund (normally) the company gets the item back but the courier company doesn't get the vat back its paid on your behalf and this happens with thousands of items a week so I suppose this clearance fee is a way of clawing back the money its lost out on? The paperwork and the expense and red tape on imports/exports at the moment is unbelievably crazy and its definitely going to have a detrimental effect on the UK economy!:D 

I certainly won't be ordering much more from the EU. I bought my Avante Mk2 from Japan with none of this hassle.

Oh, i don't mind getting political though. Brexit  is a disaster.

• Like 3

Two DumboRC 6 channel transmitters with the integrated LED control 6 channel receivers + the actual LED's. And some more magnetic body holders :).

20230104_165806.jpg20230104_165956.jpg

• Like 2