backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

8 hours ago, Rally! said:

Nice. I'm looking to get a 3PV as well. I found that it's cheaper to order one from RCmart than my local Hobby store, even with shipping and exchange.

It was very close in price from rcmart. I had a 15% off coupon from a store. I ended up paying around $120

The postman brought me a very nicely packaged box from China.

yIACrYJ.jpg

Containing the body for my next project! One I've been wanting to do for a very long time.

8Iy8CmO.jpg

PCKwhjr.jpg

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Novamadcars said:

Courior just dropped this off still waiting to see what the post man brings me today lol

20230117_102025.jpg

Interesting, haven't seen one of them before! What chassis are you going to use it on?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Interesting, haven't seen one of them before! What chassis are you going to use it on?

It's for a Ta01/Ta02 (hard to find hop up). I'm collecting stuff to build a one off ta01 eventually.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Novamadcars said:

I'm collecting stuff to build a one off ta01 eventually.

Be sure to a build thread, when you get there 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Juhunio said:

Be sure to a build thread, when you get there 👍

I will once I get there as it's getting harder now for the rare ta01 parts 

• Like 2

Some bits and bobs from Japan...

spacer.png

Upper deck for future F103RS build, ball diff bits for yet another TA04 bits-a-build, fancy blue diff joints for my TRF415MSX restoration and TA03 rear uprights for....not sure yet, but I'll find a home for them :)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, wun1jee said:

Containing the body for my next project! One I've been wanting to do for a very long time.

PCKwhjr.jpg

Nice, what is it? A Honda CRX? A VW Corrado?

Got the B parts bag for the Blackfoot today, to see if the UJ's will resolve the Monster Beetle vibration issue.

fJVQYgF.jpeg

And also this puppy for my DF-01 to Top Force conversion. Not see one before, I like the idea that it has a little spring to keep some tension in the shaft, but still allows for front to back compression with chassis flex etc. The stock shaft has loads of play, not that it is really a problem I suspect.

xFbkrfT.jpeg

m64NMHq.jpeg

• Like 4

New scissor.

Previously bought a cheapo one from amazon and it basically rips the body lol I should’ve bought a better quality one from the start. Hopefully this one works well (it says it works well for wheel arches)

6EBF9C5B-E82C-47D1-BA1D-8191384FA89C.jpeg

• Like 3

Today I got a new 10 pack with flat markers, so I have enough to mark up the current Postal Racing track. Sadly they are not longer of the same quality as the ones I've got. They are thinner and lighter, so it better not be to windy. 

A nice thing is that they have replaced purple with orange. 

DSC_0011.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

Got the B parts bag for the Blackfoot today, to see if the UJ's will resolve the Monster Beetle vibration issue.

fJVQYgF.jpeg

And also this puppy for my DF-01 to Top Force conversion. Not see one before, I like the idea that it has a little spring to keep some tension in the shaft, but still allows for front to back compression with chassis flex etc. The stock shaft has loads of play, not that it is really a problem I suspect.

xFbkrfT.jpeg

m64NMHq.jpeg

I've literally just purchased one of them prop shaft sets on Ebay. I take it thats where you got yours from? 

25 minutes ago, Novamadcars said:

I've literally just purchased one of them prop shaft sets on Ebay. I take it thats where you got yours from? 

Yes mate, that's right, an ebay purchase. Never seen one before, looks to be vintage? Like I said that little spring in there looks genius!

• Like 1

More for the FF03

6zCBwLKm.jpg

And Christmas gifts are still arriving, a new chassis and two body sets painted for my new chassis and FF03.

Owgorcfl.jpg

:D

• Like 3

A body shell arrived for my incoming TT-02. As a result my Box of Secrets won't close anymore. And my TT-02 SR and M-08R haven't even arrived yet. Time to stop shopping. 

2023-01-17_08-02-25

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

A body shell arrived for my incoming TT-02. As a result my Box of Secrets won't close anymore. And my TT-02 SR and M-08R haven't even arrived yet. Time to stop shopping. 

2023-01-17_08-02-25

Time to buy a bigger box of secrets 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

2023-01-17_08-02-25

Please show us all the contents!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

But then I'd have to change its name to the "Box Of Things That Used To Be Secrets But Are Now On The Internet". That's too long a name for a box. 

• Haha 4

My box of secrets. Not fancy at all… just reusing cardboard box lol. Also added what i got today to make sure this comment is relevant to the post :)

AD99CC48-825B-4E5E-9313-5D35884F8DB2.jpeg

346A5D94-81BB-40E4-BE85-FF1419E5B334.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sogogi said:

Is it mostly full of jazz mags @BuggyDad?😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Nice, what is it? A Honda CRX? A VW Corrado?

Yup, a 1st gen CRX. I own a 1985 CRX Si and I was very tempted to do a mini-me build of my 1/1, but I'm going to build it as a 1983 Ballade Sports CR-X 1.5i. With steelies. In as close to Baltic Blue as I can get. 

I've been wanting to do one for years. And I've fallen in love with the M05. What better time than now?

• Like 3