backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Some 10x15x4 (1510), 5x8x2.5 (850) and 5x11x4 (1150) bearings for my upcoming CC02 build. Already got some 6x12x4 (1260) in my spares. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cosworthwesty said:

A good day today two kits from Tamico and some more spares for the lc12b1 race buggy 😘

image.jpg

Nice kits. What are your plans for the TT-02r?

Showed up sooner than expected.  Really glad I was able to pick one of these up.

sr.jpg

• Like 6

IMG_2023-1-25-155033.jpg.31109280f23b43ed0f799db2ce679955.jpg

Originally I was planning to get a few more high performance touring cars, but decided I'm more into vintage buggies than sedans.  

• Like 14

Another friction-free delivery from Tamico :)

A new R32 body shell, a couple of car stands and a few bits and bobs...

spacer.png

Short springs and carbon battery straps for a TA04 R-Tuned project and gear case for an F103RS. But the stars of the show are the two further sets of 19804227 damper cylinders which are the missing pieces of my TB02-R all-blue bits-a-build, along with the necessary V parts and piston rods

So this evening I can remove the 53571 dampers from the TB02-R and get these built, with white (yellow) springs to match my Evo III :lol:

spacer.png

• Like 12

PlazaJapan order came in five days- and I paid $50-60 less than I’d pay in America, including shipping!

I got:

- Tamiya Decal Scissors (finally decided to make decal-cutting easier)

- DT-02/DT-03 Hop-Up Ball Diff to revitalize my DT-03- performance has been lacking recently.

- DT-03 stabilizer arms, for same reason as above.

- three sets of TT-02 Type-S stock-kit tires. Great performance at only $3 a pair!

- (not pictured) Tamiya Sandscorcher Re-Re body and decals.4387BE69-7F04-4346-804F-21B682C3D058.thumb.jpeg.24924d5fb100aba123792712f76182d5.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, cosworthwesty said:

Another care package from fusion hobbies 😘

image.jpg

How do those drivers perform, i have a basic set and i think it is time to getter better quality ones

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

How do those drivers perform, i have a basic set and i think it is time to getter better quality ones

I have the standard tamiya tool kit which is great but I get fed up of swapping the handle over. Hence the two new ones.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sogogi said:

10 hours ago, cosworthwesty said:

I have the standard tamiya tool kit which is great but I get fed up of swapping the handle over. Hence the two new ones.  

I bought the ones pictured, they work amazingly well, and are very comfortable in the hand

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cosworthwesty said:

@Sogogi I agree with @mtbkym01 above, I also have these 'Craft Tool' drivers and they are really comfortable and work well. The magnetic tip is handy too

I also have the fancy-pants blue TRF drivers but rarely use them as these ones are so much more comfortable to work with...consider them recommended!

• Like 3

A lovely little delivery of paint, receivers and a couple of cheap servos for my TT02 project. It’s looking dry and above freezing this weekend so I might be able to get some bodywork done. 

45234E7D-01F6-4737-8196-9C823ED40ACA.jpeg

• Like 10

An XV01 (finally) as well as the hop up motor plate. Planning to start with a Torque Tuned I have from another kit. 

3B476579-97CB-4761-B260-86C5FF1E43CC.jpeg

• Like 14

Came home from after my week long LHS shopping trip to find a rather slow package from AT 

yF0Rong.jpg

Some steering bits for the Kyosho NSR500, servo horns for the F-104 and MF-01X. Oh, and some vape parts from AE (got to get tanks from China thanks to EU's stupid TPD 🤬).

• Like 2

I heard good things about it so finally got it. Time to run in more wet conditions!

26EEDA3A-24C0-4BBF-BEB9-1F8AF281D5DC.jpeg

• Like 3

20230130_152456

Many things... Runner shells for TT-02SR (BMW) and potential budget rally build (Black er Nissan (?) needs a few repairs!), hop ups and motor for TT-02SR, a charger for my work pad and corner markers and chalk for postal racing. And the last plastic bits to make my currently homeless RSR shell really really complete. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, No Slack said:

Nice. What was your Plaza gift? A dolphin?:D

Looks more like a shark to me?🤷🏻

My kids do love those little freebies, best ones we've had so far are a little snow capped Mount Fuji and a dump truck👍 

• Like 1