backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 1/28/2023 at 11:02 PM, Sogogi said:

I heard good things about it so finally got it. Time to run in more wet conditions!

26EEDA3A-24C0-4BBF-BEB9-1F8AF281D5DC.jpeg

Just curious.  Do you use this to clean the electrical contacts after a run or coat them before and this repels the moisture?

3 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

Just curious.  Do you use this to clean the electrical contacts after a run or coat them before and this repels the moisture?

I actually use this to spray on metals (diff cup/dog bone as an example) to keep it from rusting after running on wet conditions. Got the electronic version just in case i spray some on some electronics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Super stock BZ. I really like super stock motors. Really good value that goes well stock hobbywing escs.

87B7CF01-9CA3-49DD-A96B-C33960FD1141.jpeg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, No Slack said:

Nice. What was your Plaza gift? A dolphin?:D

Mine's Simon the (pink) Seal (find him). It's just possible he may have a swiveling head, but I have refrained from opening the packet to check! 

Plaza gifts need their own thread..... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

I actually use this to spray on metals (diff cup/dog bone as an example) to keep it from rusting after running on wet conditions. Got the electronic version just in case i spray some on some electronics. 

Nice to know. I already have some of this in the shed for other (well, contact cleaning!) reasons. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

Mine's Simon the (pink) Seal (find him). It's just possible he may have a swiveling head, but I have refrained from opening the packet to check! 

Plaza gifts need their own thread..... 

Create one!

A metal rear cage for the Turbo Scorpion.
Bio Security also took an interest in it as they had a look inside. Nicely resealed though and a polite note included.

F94C9AF1-8C7F-4B28-8A8C-3F1000210F91.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Bio Security also took an interest in it as they had a look inside. Nicely resealed though and a polite note included.

I find it curious that they wanted to look at Metal Parts?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

I find it curious that they wanted to look at Metal Parts?

Just what my daughter said? As she mentioned you can even hear it jingling inside 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
I’m thinking they may have thought something was inside the tubes, or the dogs picked up a scent from somewhere.
  No harm done. 

• Like 2

Yesterday a set of KB Aero wheels arrived.

Not sure what to do with them, probably for when the cars sits on the shelf. :D

nPeELwXl.jpg

and V1 Muchmore Fleta ZX 13,5 T 3200kv

Sb2LTxml.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Good on them, clearly you could hide kilos of drugs or illegal produce in those metal parts🤷🏻🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Maybe the inspector & Labrador are Kyosho fans? :ph34r:

• Like 1

A delivery from Japan, with more lovely parts...these guys package everything so well 😊

spacer.png

spacer.png

Another piece of the jigsaw of black special parts for my TA05 project, a second set of fancy aluminium M chassis wheels for an upcoming M05 bits-a-build, suspension mount and damper for the F103RS...

spacer.png

...and a limited edition sticker set that doesn't even have a part number on the tag, but is a Loctite livery set for a Skyline R33 N1 for which I managed to pick up the shell and wing from Tony before Christmas. As far as I can tell it only ever came on a TA02, so I'm going to see if this one will fit my TA02RS when I get around to building it. 😀

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

A delivery from Japan, with more lovely parts...these guys package everything so well 😊

spacer.png

spacer.png

Another piece of the jigsaw of black special parts for my TA05 project, a second set of fancy aluminium M chassis wheels for an upcoming M05 bits-a-build, suspension mount and damper for the F103RS...

spacer.png

...and a limited edition sticker set that doesn't even have a part number on the tag, but is a Loctite livery set for a Skyline R33 N1 for which I managed to pick up the shell and wing from Tony before Christmas. As far as I can tell it only ever came on a TA02, so I'm going to see if this one will fit my TA02RS when I get around to building it. 😀

That is some nice looking m wheels… is that from plaza japan?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

That is some nice looking m wheels… is that from plaza japan?

No, unfortunately not! They're pretty old now and quite spenny on the secondary market but I managed to pick up two pairs at acceptable prices on Japanese Yahoo auctions 

They are really beautifully made though and will look great on my M05 project, which will be built with a limited edition red metallic chassis along with black aluminium parts and various other Hop Ups, with the Mini Cooper Monte Carlo rally body shell on top. I'm looking forward to that one 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

They are really beautifully made though and will look great on my M05 project, which will be built with a limited edition red metallic chassis along with black aluminium parts and various other Hop Ups, with the Mini Cooper Monte Carlo rally body shell on top. I'm looking forward to that one 😀

Nice, I’m going to need to stock up on some popcorn 👍🏻

• Like 1

First time ordering from Plaza Japan and I've never had a order land so quickly from Asia.  Took a while to get the order together but once they shipped it out it arrived in under 48 hours.

pj1.jpg

• Like 9

I have been on a bit of a TRF kick in the last couple of months, all these arrived in the past couple of week's

the 501we has come with a heap of spare parts, ill try and post some phots of those, 

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-6.jpeg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, A2591 said:

First time ordering from Plaza Japan and I've never had a order land so quickly from Asia.  Took a while to get the order together but once they shipped it out it arrived in under 48 hours.

pj1.jpg

Now you are hooked haha

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2023 at 11:19 PM, A2591 said:

pj1.jpg

I think the damper pliers, turnbuckle wrench and adjuster wrench are my favourite of all the Tamiya tools...easy-peasy damper rod assembly and the cure for turnbuckle-thumb 👍

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

I think the damper pliers, turnbuckle wrench and adjuster wrench are my favourite of all the Tamiya tools...easy-peasy damper rod assembly and the cure for turnbuckle-thumb 👍

The adjuster wrench saved me so it's certainly a favorite now :D.  I foolishly built my dampers before I decided to buy the damper pliers but I'm looking forward to using them in the future!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A2591 said:

The adjuster wrench saved me so it's certainly a favorite now :D.  I foolishly built my dampers before I decided to buy the damper pliers but I'm looking forward to using them in the future!

+1. My poor thumb

• Haha 1