backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

6 hours ago, cosworthwesty said:

Only a small delivery but much needed, a big thanks to juhunio for having some. 

image.jpg

Like hen's teeth! (weirdly) 

• Like 1

Chuffed to bits with this arrival 🙂

One more to go 🤞🏻

DSC_0708.JPG

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, svenb said:

One more to go 🤞🏻

DSC_0708.JPG

Nice! Is it still the boxed 1400SP you’re looking for?

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

Nice! Is it still the boxed 1400SP you’re looking for?

No mate it's the 1400SCR

• Like 1

Well, the postman wasn't involved but it is RC related. I decided I should do a better job of lipo safe storage following some discussion on here and went down to the local army surplus place for an ammo box. 

20230203_103143

Inevitably I also ended up with an armful of other "useful" things! 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, svenb said:

No mate it's the 1400SCR

I'll keep my eyes open 👀

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Well, the postman wasn't involved but it is RC related. I decided I should do a better job of lipo safe storage following some discussion on here and went down to the local army surplus place for an ammo box. 

20230203_103143

Inevitably I also ended up with an armful of other "useful" things! 

Nice!  

If you really want to go the extra step for safe storage, add about 1/2 - 3/4" of any old cement or mortar you have laying around to the bottom of the ammo can.   This way, if you were to have a "thermal issue", the heat won't melt the carpet in your trunk or ruin whatever you set this on at home.   Also, helps to keep it from flipping over with the lid opened all the way as the extra weight helps with this.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also (not to ruin the party) i think its a bad idea to have a bunch off batteries togheter, you are basically making a bomb if **** happens, take away the rubber sealings so they get air and make smal departments with tiles or «Fliser» in Norwegian, so not all batteries catch fire when one does. I bought several small bat-safe and have 2-3 batteries in each

37 minutes ago, OnTheTrail said:

Nice!  

If you really want to go the extra step for safe storage, add about 1/2 - 3/4" of any old cement or mortar you have laying around to the bottom of the ammo can.   This way, if you were to have a "thermal issue", the heat won't melt the carpet in your trunk or ruin whatever you set this on at home.   Also, helps to keep it from flipping over with the lid opened all the way as the extra weight helps with this.   

Nice idea. Ideally I'd use something that won't create dust/dirt. Maybe some sort of resin based mix or something. 

1 minute ago, simalarion said:

Also (not to ruin the party) i think its a bad idea to have a bunch off batteries togheter, you are basically making a bomb if **** happens, take away the rubber sealings so they get air and make smal departments with tiles or «Fliser» in Norwegian, so not all batteries catch fire when one does. I bought several small bat-safe and have 2-3 batteries in each

I've actually bought two ammo boxes. Will probably only have about 3 in a box. So ideally I'd have used smaller boxes but this is just the size they are. 

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

Nice idea. Ideally I'd use something that won't create dust/dirt. Maybe some sort of resin based mix or something. 

As long as the resin can withstand about a 3600F fire.  ;) 

Not sure the type of resin you're referring to but epoxy based resins and polyester based couldn't handle these temps.

And to be clear, when I mention cement or mortar added to the bottom, I meant it to be mixed with water and set so while yes, there would be some dust during the mixing, but once it cured the dust shouldn't be an issue.  

On 2/3/2023 at 2:32 PM, Juhunio said:

I'll keep my eyes open 👀

Appreciate it mate thank you 

A couple of items for my recently acquired DB-01, as well as a Plasma Edge shell and aluminum uprights for my recreation of the TT-02BR. Oh, and some TRF201 decals for $4. All straight from TamiyaUSA. 

793B9FA7-E1E9-4DE2-B829-BBBCD33C4CDB.jpeg

• Like 4

Got my prize from the Xmas photo comp:

IMG_20230204_125933844.thumb.jpg.fc7f758278f9d7ee4bcc5c790aadbbec.jpg

Big thanks again to Chris, Tamico, and everyone who voted!

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, markbt73 said:

Got my prize from the Xmas photo comp:

IMG_20230204_125933844.thumb.jpg.fc7f758278f9d7ee4bcc5c790aadbbec.jpg

Big thanks again to Chris, Tamico, and everyone who voted!

Worthy winner, 2nd place in this comp is the highest I’ve ever finished in a comp too

• Like 1

Cc-01 kit with isuzu mu hard body!

Always wanted cc-01 hard body kit and had to get it since cc-01 in general is getting quite sparse. 

also cc-01 barrel springs.. ive been looking for it since i got my cc-01 amarok. 

C3EA7311-F96C-48B5-BFC5-6FC2DDF499DC.jpeg

767CB8A0-7B9B-4F9D-88D5-898D446DBB9E.jpeg

• Like 5

This thing came in the mail this morning. I think it’s an ECX? Got it for 7 bucks, plus 6 shipping. $13 for a 1/18 scale? I’ll take it!
961EC874-4821-49AC-9543-9B5F3EFC0895.thumb.jpeg.fa5f3ca16ecb462463948cf13499bec3.jpeg

• Like 2

On 2/2/2023 at 2:04 PM, svenb said:

One more to go 🤞🏻

DSC_0708.JPG

Are these racing packs (nicd) batter than regular nimh?

A lovely purple stand for my lovely purple-themed TA03 AMG GT3

spacer.png

That's most cars up on stands now...the picture highlights how much stickering I have to do 😳

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

On 2/5/2023 at 3:38 PM, Sogogi said:

Are these racing packs (nicd) batter than regular nimh?

I'm not an expert on these I only collect!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Juhunio said:

A lovely purple stand for my lovely purple-themed TA03 AMG GT3

spacer.png

That's most cars up on stands now...the picture highlights how much stickering I have to do 😳

spacer.png

spacer.png

****, but those TRF stands are like £30+ on their own!

4 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

but those TRF stands are like £30+ on their own!

There was a brief window when PJ had them in stock at £12 each so I bought them then. I bought nine and sold one at UK prices which covered the shipping cost of the PJ order 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

There was a brief window when PJ had them in stock at £12 each so I bought them then. I bought nine and sold one at UK prices which covered the shipping cost of the PJ order 👍

Wow. Good job Del Boy!

• Haha 1

Over the last couple days I have received a few orders to add to my growing TA03 parts stash. 

IMG-5227.jpg

• Like 5