backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

it took a whlile to arrive with some additional delays but it is finally here... I finally have a Marui CJ-7 Golden Eagle Super Wheelie...
UtuVG8v.jpg

And in the box there is one car (black body) and 75% of the second one (white body, new) : missing a chassis, transmission, rear axles, and front springs.
cyeQ30t.jpg

And that means I will have to possibility to precisely model the CJ-7 body shell like I did for the Land Cruiser.

• Like 11

While randomly searching for some TA02 parts on ebay I came accross a new release from the Chinese seller who has started doing the alloy chassis parts for certain kits.

He's now doing alloy versions of the Porsche GT2 and 934 wide wheels in alloy. I only ordered them about four days ago and they turned up today! Big difference from the two months for my last order.

They are bloomin excellant!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

How nice are they!!!!!

Havent tried fitting them yey though

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Superluminal said:

While randomly searching for some TA02 parts on ebay I came accross a new release from the Chinese seller who has started doing the alloy chassis parts for certain kits.

He's now doing alloy versions of the Porsche GT2 and 934 wide wheels in alloy. I only ordered them about four days ago and they turned up today! Big difference from the two months for my last order.

They are bloomin excellant!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

How nice are they!!!!!

Havent tried fitting them yey though

They are nice 👍🏻 like to see them fitted 

15 minutes ago, svenb said:

They are nice 👍🏻 like to see them fitted 

They fit!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pretty pleased with them! 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, silvertriple said:

it took a whlile to arrive with some additional delays but it is finally here... I finally have a Marui CJ-7 Golden Eagle Super Wheelie...
UtuVG8v.jpg

That is absolutely awesome. Just looking at the box art makes me drool. Such a great addition to your collection.

3 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

That is absolutely awesome. Just looking at the box art makes me drool. Such a great addition to your collection.

And since it is nowhere a NIB, It is to be built at some point... I definitely love Marui cars...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

New offset wheels and tyres for my Type S build.Compress_20230208_163345_5099.thumb.jpg.107610b1344ab05fbcd386defbee1a71.jpg

Nice! What offset do they have, aside from the colour they would suit a bodyshell ive got if they werent some massive drift type offset

39 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Nice! What offset do they have, aside from the colour they would suit a bodyshell ive got if they werent some massive drift type offset

These are 6mm, they also do the same with 3mm. Tbh, I thought was was buying a pair of 6mm and a pair of 3mm, but ended with 4 of each!

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2023 at 3:31 PM, BuggyDad said:

Nice idea. Ideally I'd use something that won't create dust/dirt. Maybe some sort of resin based mix or something. 

I've actually bought two ammo boxes. Will probably only have about 3 in a box. So ideally I'd have used smaller boxes but this is just the size they are. 

Nice one mate, what sort of cost are we looking at here for an ammo box?

On 2/5/2023 at 3:38 PM, Sogogi said:

Are these racing packs (nicd) batter than regular nimh?

On 2/6/2023 at 8:42 PM, svenb said:

I'm not an expert on these I only collect!

I'd suspect that given the age of these Nicad batteries and therefore the older technology, they'll be inferior to the more modern NiMH's 🔋🔋🔋

13 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Nice one mate, what sort of cost are we looking at here for an ammo box?

They were £15 each for good ones. They seal beautifully, which I have to remove 🙄

But the main thing is, get down the army surplus. You don't right now know that you need 3 trestle tables, a ration pack from 1987 and ghillie suits for the whole family but, trust me, you do. 

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Superluminal said:

They fit!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pretty pleased with them! 

They look amazing mate, have you got a link?

A couple of motors from @16_Bit_Mr_J

Dont think i could ever reallly go down the brushless route as none of the motors look anywhere near as nice as a good brushed motor despite the performance advantages

spacer.png

• Like 13

Okay, Some toys have arrived. My first radio in 30 years! Also some bits and the parts bag containing the long axles to give the Quattro a bit extra girth.

IMG_2129.jpeg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

F4oQtTpl.jpg

A new ESC :lol:

Used to be a fan of LRP stuff but i dont’t see them often in US nowadays..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Curious.. do you plan on getting 4x4 / buggies also?

I have them already.. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I have them already.. :ph34r:

Oh wow! Please share those if you have’t so. Really interested in those (hehe)

• Haha 1