backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

This arrived whilst I was away on Monday but only isn’t had chance to open the box.

I know it’s not a Tamiya, but I’m really looking forward to seeing what a modern race car is like compared to Tamiya’s last.

2A804648-59F5-4940-8039-5D18E9211909.jpeg

• Like 12

15 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Oh man I'm jealous of those stickers!  They seem oddly hard to find!

I know, it's weird right?

I couldn't find them in any of the usual places across Europe and the couple that did pop up on Japanese Auctions were really expensive (£30-£40). But when more started appearing, and at more 'normal' prices (I paid about £19 for mine) I assumed that meant there had been a new run and they would appear in stock over here too. But so far, nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Some very different things where delivered today, but all of them RC related. Got a Brother labelling machine (which was a bargain) to get more structure in my parts stash , some needles for my airbrush, a LiPo bag, some cheap 1.9 beadlock wheels and two Nimh batteries.  These are for unplanned running my cars. I have some LiPo batteries but sometimes when you're coming home and have half an hour of spare time for running a car in the backyard it kills the plan if you need to charge a battery first. 

c1_20230217_15170627.thumb.jpeg.6083b26fa999e79de68162c3d579ed02.jpeg

• Like 3

This time I'm the postman...

Stopped at a local(ish) collectable shop, and found these three on the shelf at near-original pricing.  Yoink!!!

mM5Hskg.jpg

• Like 5

Few bits n’ bobs from the last week or so for a variety of projects. Particularly pleased to have finally found the seemingly unbelievably rare FR-12R engine I wanted for my TG10 mk.2, having been searching for a few years. 

36D5FA00-B52D-4D63-AE05-12BDE6CB4E2F.jpeg

• Like 6

Got a great deal on a lightly used Dyna-Run and black Sport Tuned along with an assortment of Tamiya 0.4 pinions 

Motors.jpg

• Like 8

Managed to pick up a body set for the NIB Monster Racer build I've been piecing together.

3L0nDJF.jpeg

0DdSOa2.jpeg

Now I think I have everything except for the front and rear red wheels and a pair of the rear spiked tyres. Anyone have any leads on those, please drop me a PM👍

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Managed to pick up a body set for the NIB Monster Racer build I've been piecing together.

:wub: Wow! I bet that cost more than a mars bar ;)

• Haha 1

Today I received a couple of the Chinese knockoff Spektrum SR3100 receivers. I now have 6 of these and at $12 each they are good value. They are really small too, smaller than my Futaba receivers. I am able to use them on the DX3 Smart radios that came with my Losi RTRs as well as my DX5C. When my nephews are driving I let them use the DX3 since it’s cheap and has a switch to instantly limit the throttle to 50%. I add a switch to these receivers so I can easily bind them with a push of a button instead of having to insert the binding plug everytime  

59F85E37-54A4-48EA-A1C9-F45EF1FB4706.thumb.jpeg.78c4c3439b51fad7440cfe22ad302209.jpeg

A49AC912-E845-4AEA-A8F5-D3B132EEA1C3.thumb.jpeg.b788cf737055ab47d86440ddcc9fe88d.jpeg

60CA7A8F-B08A-48B9-BDF5-C0F656AC1E04.thumb.jpeg.1b512ec1701645fe31f18fc10a8dc34f.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Just wow. That is so cool. Congrats!

• Like 1

After propably 20+ years my first own build. I am very excited and it feels just like when my dad brought home a Fighter Buggy kit. :D

But now I can afford to get some hop-ups.

IMG_6783_2.jpg

IMG_6784_2.jpg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, OpossumRC said:

After propably 20+ years my first own build. I am very excited and it feels just like when my dad brought home a Fighter Buggy kit. :D

Nice. The first BR I’ve seen in the wild. Keep us posted on the build. 

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for my TB Evo 6 MS rebuild and a dust cover for my silver can budget rally car entry.

Compress_20230221_161626_6180.thumb.jpg.e529f688e2e95f7d9d78a4d5614fa235.jpg

• Like 6

The latest and definitely the absolute last hop-up for the TD2… except maybe a nice aluminium diff cover… maybe some dual blocks… 

7A8E36BB-327D-4E33-A0F1-2246F168546F.jpeg

• Like 6

On 2/16/2023 at 10:08 PM, Cynan said:

This arrived whilst I was away on Monday but only isn’t had chance to open the box.

I know it’s not a Tamiya, but I’m really looking forward to seeing what a modern race car is like compared to Tamiya’s last.

2A804648-59F5-4940-8039-5D18E9211909.jpeg

Being a schumacher its only going to be impressive! I had the L1 since then there has been the evo and now this beauty and that L1 was totally awesome:wub: it has the new rear tapered chassis design that lets it corner like its super glued to the floor! 

• Like 3

Pretty much the last part of the Bear Hawk NIB project delivered today. Extremely rare NIP front and rear shocks...

uizX9Zk.jpeg

All new old stock parts in the photo below (however the chassis is a rere... for now). Oh and of course the box is obv not new old stock😂

3hFVr0d.jpeg

• Like 9

17 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

CC02 Motor

58A38C53-AFDB-4F15-B111-0B31454BCFF3.jpeg

I use it for my cc-01 and works great!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Pretty much the last part of the Bear Hawk NIB project delivered today. Extremely rare NIP front and rear shocks...

uizX9Zk.jpeg

All new old stock parts in the photo below (however the chassis is a rere... for now). Oh and of course the box is obv not new old stock😂

3hFVr0d.jpeg

Congrats! You’re having quite a week of deliveries mate! 
Have to say I’m quite jealous of the Bear Hawk. It’s one I’ve just recently fallen in love with. 

• Like 3

On 2/17/2023 at 9:01 PM, Sogogi said:

Finally some dedicated drivers!

E4A5BA26-2365-4F8E-8B59-D1D2416947D1.jpeg

These are probably the best Tamiya screw drivers. They're really comfortable in the hand, better than the fancier TRF ones. I love the quality of these, the tips are hardened and magnetic, really helps. 

• Like 3