backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

5 hours ago, Nick-W said:

Some odds and ends arrived today. 

6B1BFB07-BBE2-41C3-9E7B-25CAAD80832E.jpeg

Nice! Theres a shortage on basic takiya spray cans in US (white, black etc)

• Like 1

From AT a bunch of bits for the Kyosho HOR and bearing kit for a T3-01 that unfortunately got cancelled after I order them.

VGymBW9.jpg

• Like 2

A beautiful new Gun Metal SS motor, which was randomly sold in a bundle with the TRF bearings, heat sink and TB02 motor mount 🤷🏻‍♂️. I think the heat sink is for a Yokomo chassis? Anyway, the bearings are already on eBay and will soon be followed by the other bits (not the motor, I'm keeping that!)

The other three items all came from the same seller; a lovely blue titanium screw set for the Evo 5 as and when, rear stabilisers for my next TA04 project and a bearing set for my Evo III, which was a bits-a-build where I used eBay bearings. I couldn't resist this OG set when it popped up, although it does mean I now have to completely strip the Evo III down and replace all the bearings, but it will be very satisfying to have it built with the 'correct' bits 😃

spacer.png

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

Brass monkey!  That funky monkey!

We're offered Moet, we don't mind Chivas, wherever we go we bring monkey with us 😎

I love to see so much spending power in this community. :D

Small order before season from overseas.

Amainhobbies provided these special pinion gears I could not really find in EU.

A CRC Gold Standard 71T pinion for my FF03 speed run missile. And a 2 mm shaft Losi pinion for my S18 Buggy from LRP. With a 380 motor, 2 mm shaft.

eoboObX.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

71T pinion for my FF03 speed run

71T? Wow, that is big. What pitch/mod? What spur are you pairing that with? I did a 60T/50T once and that was a motor melter.

Edit: 64p, found the answer in your build thread.

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

71T? Wow, that is big. What pitch/mod? What spur are you pairing that with? I did a 60T/50T once and that was a motor melter.

Edit: 64p, found the answer in your build thread.

Yes, with high gearing I am going lower in turns. I guess the 3200kv motor is too nervous for such high gearing. I can not get it to roll out. Its like hitting 50mph but it still is not at it max rpm.

Will need to play with motor and battery afterwards. I guess a 2500-2800kv motor on 4s would do it. 

• Like 1

My Japanese trinket arrived! Very happy about it.

Incidentally PJ also included a Formula Tuned motor for the F60, a set of comm "cleaning"  brushes (very curious to try these out... vintage fun!), some one-way unit outdrives for the RWD/Front Wheel Brake Porsche project, a couple of hard-to-find oil filled gear diff spares and new shoes for the M05verII.

PJ's prices are actually lower than what I used to pay in Nagoya, Japan. If it wasn't for the unanimous positive feedback I read here on TC I would probably have thought them too good to be true. So thank you PJ and thank you TC!

PXL_20230302_194308916_2.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Bits and pieces…

C9719D80-6949-4761-9108-51FFB2C49146.jpeg

One motor a day keeps the doctor away!

• Haha 1

More of a "The Postman delivered these to my Mrs whilst I was away" post, but a few good things!

fYk8UBp.jpg
A Super Stock BZ motor from TTP for my TB Evo5 MS, and some TRF419 Parts disguised as an ESC from @jonboy1

5CPpIlb.jpg
Secrets revealed.

ADByMr3.jpg
And some old batteries for me to use in my older models like the TL-01 from when I was 13/14 years old...

Luke

• Like 2

More motors.. plans to put trail master in my cc-01. For orion motor.. thinking of using one of them in future tt-02 type s build

4DC66AE5-75D3-49A8-B3D9-E79387062FC1.jpeg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, lukej said:

disguised as an ESC

I was going to say, didn't you get a fire with a 1060 in one of your race reports? :) Then I saw it was diff parts in ESC clothing.

Great choice of motor, I just starting using the BZ which was new to me and it is a huge amount of fun!

I feel like there is a wave of renewed interest in good old brushed motors these days, unless it is just me noticing more. There is some magic in them (the subjective sort of magic...) and one thing I miss from my nitro days is having to actually dismantle/clean/maintain/adjust things.

54 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

More motors.. plans to put trail master in my cc-01. For orion motor.. thinking of using one of them in future tt-02 type s build

4DC66AE5-75D3-49A8-B3D9-E79387062FC1.jpeg

Let me rephrase this then, @Sogogi: 4 motors a day keeps the doctor away!

Please do report on how these 19t motor perform :)

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2023 at 11:51 PM, Juhunio said:

We're offered Moet, we don't mind Chivas, wherever we go we bring monkey with us 😎

You put your left leg down, your right leg up.  Tilt your head back, let's finish the cup:P

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, lukej said:

More of a "The Postman delivered these to my Mrs whilst I was away" post, but a few good things!

fYk8UBp.jpg
A Super Stock BZ motor from TTP for my TB Evo5 MS, and some TRF419 Parts disguised as an ESC from @jonboy1

5CPpIlb.jpg
Secrets revealed.

ADByMr3.jpg
And some old batteries for me to use in my older models like the TL-01 from when I was 13/14 years old...

Luke

Don't forget to swap the bushings in the motor out for bearings.

What the postman didn’t bring me. That is my parcel but that isn’t my front door. It isn’t any of my neighbours front doors. I’ve no idea where that front is. 
I’ll set out on an expedition tomorrow to track it down. 

B1E9B30D-441D-45E0-8ADC-5C955B31BF4B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, danimaldaisy said:

Don't forget to swap the bushings in the motor out for bearings.

It’s for my TB Evo5 MS, which is being built to launch specs. I guess if Tamiya intended it to run they might’ve done that, but for static display?

Luke

A stream of deliveries over the last few days... Some elements for my printing ongoing projects arrived today (printer, post processing station, isopropylique acoohol and resin). This was expected with an accurate tracking...

But there was a package incoming from Australia as well, which I did not expected today:
12MRH0V.jpg

Initially contacted the seller for the hirobo parts : I was only missing dog bones for one of my 44B chassis. Luckily he had those. When he told me the price, I was hesitating as cost for shipment would be more than the parts. I asked him if by chance he had some Marui parts. And luckily he had a rear diff set for Samurai. I took all his remaining Samurai parts. And since the price was definitely not on a ebay fashion, that was a very good deal, and the Hirobo ZR-7 completed it. In short : I have 3 cars completed in this parcel :-)

• Like 3