backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

8 hours ago, Nick-W said:

What the postman didn’t bring me. That is my parcel but that isn’t my front door. It isn’t any of my neighbours front doors. I’ve no idea where that front is. 
I’ll set out on an expedition tomorrow to track it down. 

B1E9B30D-441D-45E0-8ADC-5C955B31BF4B.jpeg

I think I can top that? The evri or Hermes whatever they call themselves this week dropped my newly bought earpods at my door with photos to back up but like you wasn't my door and as it turned out wasn't my street or town it was somewhere in south east London completely different part of the country! 

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, moffman said:

I have returned triumphant! Using some Google Street View detective work I found the house on the other side of the hill going out of the village. Same postcode at least I guess. Here are the goodies contained within.

B86552FA-89E7-4D4D-B1C5-D9B9AC0A151A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lots of goodies arrived today. Spektrum ESC program card from Amazon US, then from the local e-commerce marketplace some Shoe Goo, unbranded TT-02 adjustable motor mount (only $3.49) XV-01 foam bumper ($2.25) TT01 type E bearing sets ($3.60 each), as well as a ton of spare parts that were on clearance for my old Spec R R1 touring car

0D890A7B-70FC-4CBC-B745-E57CF604BF53.thumb.jpeg.4ef12be32ad4ef46930fbf4ae89e37f4.jpeg

• Like 2

Well after almost 43 years I got a second one of these C1C73610-A1B8-4FB4-BAB8-F1FA31FDC16B.jpg from our friends @Fusion-Hobbies First one was an original back in 79/80, this one obviously a re re 2010. Wish I had the original still!!!

Nestled on the box is a ball diff and this is the first of a few bits that will be my next project. When I’ve assembled all the bits I’ll start a build thead but in the meantime a couple of observations.

On opening the box it was like stepping back those 43 years, it all looked so familiar. There are a few changes, the UJs are bright metal rather than brass, the metal components look better quality, it comes with an ESC and wait for it Bearings. So yes a Tamiya with oil filled shocks and bearings !!! Didn’t realise this so in a couple of days will have a few spare 1150 bearings, courtesy of RCbearings. There’s something about the blister packaging it’s just so right. Makes for a very big box so harder to secrete from prying eyes 👀 Hopefully all the other bits for my project will arrive over the next week then I can start the build.

NB can I recommend that people become paid up members of the club. As well as discount of 10% from @Fusion-Hobbies you also get access to TCphotos the picture hosting site. On top of this for a really small outlay you help keeping this wonderful forum running!!! 
ps if anybody really can’t afford a membership and would benefit from it I have a free one to give away I believe. PM me if I can help

Edited by Busdriver
Ooops no picture
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Busdriver said:

NB can I recommend that people become paid up members of the club. As well as discount of 10% from @Fusion-Hobbies you also get access to TCphotos the picture hosting site. On top of this for a really small outlay you help keeping this wonderful forum running!!! 
ps if anybody really can’t afford a membership and would benefit from it I have a free one to give away I believe. PM me if I can help

Below is what I was about to send to you before TC told me you cannot receive messages.

———

Hi,

I saw your post in the “Postman brought me…” thread regarding a TC membership.

Just wanted to say thank you for being a generous human and offering something you spent your hard-earned money on to the community.

To be quite honest with you, I’ve been feeling a strong urge to just pull the trigger and grab a membership, but my budget, of course, does not allow. I already have enough monthly subscriptions, plus the cost of self-sustenance (and spare/upgrade RC parts of course).

I would love to contribute to the TC community with galleries, videos, and all of the other goodies a membership has to offer.

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Maxim Radziuk

23 hours ago, Nick-W said:

What the postman didn’t bring me. That is my parcel but that isn’t my front door. It isn’t any of my neighbours front doors. I’ve no idea where that front is. 

B1E9B30D-441D-45E0-8ADC-5C955B31BF4B.jpeg

Haha I can see where it is coming from by looking at that sticker on the side lol

• Haha 2

This showed up yesterday. Still wish they would re re the 1/10 th versions of these. But still happy I was able to snag one of the 5000 made.

thumbnail_IMG_5696.jpg

• Like 4

This turned up, 3 levels of containers (with wheels) and an extra small parts box to keep tidy all the tools parts and consumables that have now built up over the last 6 months.Compress_20230306_150238_8867.thumb.jpg.c3fdad6b6c979994beba0770f212b9df.jpg

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

This turned up, 3 levels of containers (with wheels) and an extra small parts box to keep tidy all the tools parts and consumables that have now built up over the last 6 months.Compress_20230306_150238_8867.thumb.jpg.c3fdad6b6c979994beba0770f212b9df.jpg

Please share the process of organizing it! I also have more stuff now.. need to think of something to organize that can be carried/moved easily

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Please share the process of organizing it! I also have more stuff now.. need to think of something to organize that can be carried/moved easily

I've made a start, screws, fixings, bearings, gears are in the small parts container (sitting on top of everything in the photo). You can bet more of these and they stack with each other too.

Then there's the 3 part stacking tool box.

• Top layer is tools.
  • Middle layer is consumables e.g. masking tape, velcro tape, greases, oils and paints.
  • Bottom layer is so far bigger spare parts left over from builds, silver cans, ESCs, bits of parts trees etc. some of that stuff is also in takeaway containers (e.g a full set of CVA dampers). There's also a soldering kit in there that's big for the tools bit which throws off the system a bit...

The whole thing came as a set on Amazon for £48 which i thought was pretty good.

• Like 1

Just showed up today.  This will be my first XV-01 (didn't have to order bearings or aftermarket shocks! ......yeah.... :D)

The box wasn't in the sealed shrink wrap though, so a little concerned on that.  I already sent an email to the online retailer to let them know but hopefully will find time to inventory everything before I begin the build.  

Postman.jpg

• Like 7

On 3/4/2023 at 9:33 AM, Nick-W said:

I have returned triumphant! Using some Google Street View detective work I found the house on the other side of the hill going out of the village. Same postcode at least I guess. Here are the goodies contained within.

Wow, you got lucky tracking that down!   

Just curious, did the folks that had that left on their step try to contact you or the carrier about the incorrect name/address on the package?

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 1:29 AM, RC_FunLand said:

Below is what I was about to send to you before TC told me you cannot receive messages.

———

Hi,

I saw your post in the “Postman brought me…” thread regarding a TC membership.

Just wanted to say thank you for being a generous human and offering something you spent your hard-earned money on to the community.

To be quite honest with you, I’ve been feeling a strong urge to just pull the trigger and grab a membership, but my budget, of course, does not allow. I already have enough monthly subscriptions, plus the cost of self-sustenance (and spare/upgrade RC parts of course).

I would love to contribute to the TC community with galleries, videos, and all of the other goodies a membership has to offer.

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Maxim Radziuk

Your subscribed. 😊 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OnTheTrail said:

Just curious, did the folks that had that left on their step try to contact you or the carrier about the incorrect name/address on the package?

They were nice about it. They’d asked their neighbours if it was for them or if anyone recognised my name and were about to email our local Facebook group, which I’m not on but someone I know would have seen it. 
We’re pretty lucky around here I was more worried about it ending up somewhere else entirely. 

5 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Your subscribed. 😊 

I’m at a loss for words. I seriously cannot thank you enough for this ….. :) :) :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

I've made a start, screws, fixings, bearings, gears are in the small parts container (sitting on top of everything in the photo). You can bet more of these and they stack with each other too.

Then there's the 3 part stacking tool box.

• Top layer is tools.
  • Middle layer is consumables e.g. masking tape, velcro tape, greases, oils and paints.
  • Bottom layer is so far bigger spare parts left over from builds, silver cans, ESCs, bits of parts trees etc. some of that stuff is also in takeaway containers (e.g a full set of CVA dampers). There's also a soldering kit in there that's big for the tools bit which throws off the system a bit...

The whole thing came as a set on Amazon for £48 which i thought was pretty good.

That sounds real good. I would need to look at those.. i think that can also be used as a portable table (for quick fixes)

1 hour ago, RC_FunLand said:

I’m at a loss for words. I seriously cannot thank you enough for this ….. :) :) :)

Your welcome 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Your welcome 

:))) thank you again.

It isn't Tamiya, it isn't a car...  but it is R/C, and it is my birthday present for this year, it arrived in the mail today, all the way from britain.  Don't expect it to be built any time soon.

gunze-sangyo-small.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/4/2023 at 1:22 PM, Busdriver said:

Well after almost 43 years I got a second one of these C1C73610-A1B8-4FB4-BAB8-F1FA31FDC16B.jpg from our friends @Fusion-Hobbies First one was an original back in 79/80, this one obviously a re re 2010. Wish I had the original still!!!

Nestled on the box is a ball diff and this is the first of a few bits that will be my next project. When I’ve assembled all the bits I’ll start a build thead but in the meantime a couple of observations.

On opening the box it was like stepping back those 43 years, it all looked so familiar. There are a few changes, the UJs are bright metal rather than brass, the metal components look better quality, it comes with an ESC and wait for it Bearings. So yes a Tamiya with oil filled shocks and bearings !!! Didn’t realise this so in a couple of days will have a few spare 1150 bearings, courtesy of RCbearings. There’s something about the blister packaging it’s just so right. Makes for a very big box so harder to secrete from prying eyes 👀 Hopefully all the other bits for my project will arrive over the next week then I can start the build.

There is a nice gentleman on Shapeways that makes some killer scale parts for these.  I love mine.  https://www.shapeways.com/shops/3dcooking  i also bought machined aluminum 5 spoke wheels and chrome metal front and rear bumpers to match the box art.

On 3/4/2023 at 10:47 PM, one_hit said:

Lots of goodies arrived today. Spektrum ESC program card from Amazon US, then from the local e-commerce marketplace some Shoe Goo, unbranded TT-02 adjustable motor mount (only $3.49) XV-01 foam bumper ($2.25) TT01 type E bearing sets ($3.60 each), as well as a ton of spare parts that were on clearance for my old Spec R R1 touring car

0D890A7B-70FC-4CBC-B745-E57CF604BF53.thumb.jpeg.4ef12be32ad4ef46930fbf4ae89e37f4.jpeg

Will you make a custom body out of the shoe goo ?  😜

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Will you make a custom body out of the shoe goo ?  😜

I bought four because it was on sale and I am going to reinforce the body of my DBXL-E which is 1/5 scale and I don’t know yet how many tubes I will need. When I reinforced the Son-uva Digger body of my LMT i used about 2 tubes. Hopefully 4 will be enough with some leftover to fix the inevitable damage to my runner bodies 

• Like 1

Along with some other bits and bobs from Tamico...a boil-in-the-bag TA02 😂

spacer.png

Everything you need to build a TA02S...in a bag! For €84, not bad 😃

Plan is to put some standard TA02 arms on it and use it as a 257mm chassis...maybe with a couple of wee Hop Ups too 😉

• Like 6