backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A ritual all RC hobbyists must go through, my first ever Plaza Japan delivery.

(Mostly) blue bits for the Durga.

Not going crazy with the build, just shocks to come (was going to use stock, but some came up cheap on eBay). No slippers anywhere, so will have to do without.

Compress_20230403_130715_5442.thumb.jpg.3ef1d2c073abb5f22e88ac9f592e90a6.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Found this on ebay.  Apart from ebay using a higher exchange rate and not listening when you tell them.  Being charged stupid amount by Customs and then Parcelforce adding their bit, I still think I got a good deal.

All new apart from starter box being used 5 times and engine just run in.  The only disappointing thing was the dent in the pipe, as the car was perfect.

20230403-215303.jpg

20230403-215700.jpg

20230403-215823.jpg

20230403-220146.jpg

20230403-221239.jpg

20230403-223950.jpg

20230403-224428.jpg

20230403-232647.jpg

20230403-233231.jpg

20230403-233618.jpg

• Like 8

Im probably a bit younger than most on here, but you know when you was a kid and you looked through the Tamiya Catalogue, or even in store in say Beaties, and you'd see an Avante or an Egress, which was wildly out of your budget and just a pipe dream? Well that was me with the HPI Proceed. At the time I had a used HPI Sport RS4. I used to look at the Proceed every day in the catalogue. Still to this day, Ive never saw one in person! Congratulations @M 800STD

• Like 2

@Kpowell911  Thanks.

Me too!  When this first came out I lusted over it so badly but could not afford it.  And that Toyota TS020 body just finished it off.

The car is brand new, never been run and the 9 port engine is so tight.  It's a shame it has a little dent in the pipe.  I was going to run it but as it's so perfect, now having second thoughts.  Oh I don't know.

• Like 1

I've read you can take the exhaust off, fill it with water, plug the ends and freeze it to get the dent out? Never tried it but just an idea.

I also learned today you can get taxxed/customs fee's on used products. I never knew this. My Dad buys comics from the States all the time with no issue, I guess it doesnt apply to comic books?

tdAowTH.jpeg

2q0VeLU.jpeg

Missing link to a Ford Focus TL-01 Im selling as I now have 2, but one is missing a wing. I found this on eBay. if anyone has a tip for bringing back yellowing plastics Id appreciate it. I know I need to sort one of the nipples but I have a plan for that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

I also learned today you can get taxxed/customs fee's on used products. I never knew this. My Dad buys comics from the States all the time with no issue, I guess it doesnt apply to comic books?

Books are 0% VAT. Maybe that has something to with it. I once got a hit on some old second hand horror DVDs a friend sent me. 

25 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

tdAowTH.jpeg

2q0VeLU.jpeg

Missing link to a Ford Focus TL-01 Im selling as I now have 2, but one is missing a wing. I found this on eBay. if anyone has a tip for bringing back yellowing plastics Id appreciate it. I know I need to sort one of the nipples but I have a plan for that

I'm sure nipple's stick out when cold! You could try that 😉

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

I've read you can take the exhaust off, fill it with water, plug the ends and freeze it to get the dent out? Never tried it but just an idea.

Or pressurise the pipe and add heat to dent.  TBH I'll leave it as is.  If I find a cheap Novarossi pipe, then I'll swap it out.

I was going to dispute the Custom fees, using form HMRC BOR286,  but then just accepted it.

5 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

I don't believe it applies to books from the US, I have bought comics from over there.

• Like 1

This turned up. Owner found it on the 22nd Feb, not sure when it was posted, but just got it on Friday, that's from about 5 hours drive away. Can't complain, just glad it arrived as its a costly part IF you can find them 😁

Haven't done any rc except sell some stuff, and cook my second Mojave 2050kv motor.

17Q5xe8.jpeg

• Like 2

Received a Team Academy RT Sport KIT NIB today.

Honestly I have been curious what it is like and the price has been okay so I bought it.

I'm not so sure if this is a collectible or not (maybe you can comment) so I will decide later if I will just build it for running, keep it NIB or sell it.

Tires are still soft after more than 20 years in the box and seem to have inserts.

PXL_20230405_052256840.MP.jpg

PXL_20230405_054258696.MP.jpg

PXL_20230405_054339591.MP.jpg

PXL_20230405_054433016.MP.jpg

PXL_20230405_054308769.MP.jpg

• Like 3

After years of searching I finally got my hands on a new hummer body :D. I might put it at the front of the list and actually paint this one relatively quick. Should be fast and easy, wanted to restore my hummer to what it looked like when I first got it back in 95, still remember the release, reading the articles, and how excited I was to finally get it.

I kept it looking new until I started racing it at the local track, was the only truck of its size/type so they put me with the truggys. Luckily for me the track was rather small (way too small for a wide truggy) so I could get around it much easier and smoother, so I did win quite a few times :)
91DE6CAA-1165-4A07-903A-FCB6D684678A.thumb.jpeg.831f915b6b3a93ea1f1a03e9ad424068.jpeg

• Like 4

Haven't got a photo, but the TRF Aeration Buggy dampers have arrived, along with 850 bearings to replace bushings in the steering and paint, so the Durga build can begin...but we're away for the long-weekend, so it's going to have to wait a bit longer.

• Like 4

A small delivery of some cheap servos for my mini monster project.

PXL_20230406_125658702.jpg

I put in an order from wheels pin for a servo for my M-08R and some right angled bullets for my crawler LiPo on Monday and Royal Mail have only received it for processing today. Unfortunately, that means the delivery won't be with me by Monday - my planned RC day :(

I'll just have to do as much as I can without them. I have a long task list so that shouldn't be too hard :D

• Like 1

The post lady’s just brought me a tt01 I got of eBay unused but built. Time to strip it all to pieces, order a few parts and build to how I’d like it 👍

AC135343-87E8-486E-ADD2-44D73011FAEF.jpeg

C4AB4BA4-10A7-423F-9E31-120EDC2F1601.jpeg

• Like 2

Another for the collection that's grown way more than I was expecting it to!

spacer.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Twinfan said:

spacer.png

Looks really cool mate;) was it the one on eBay a week or so ago? If so I did look at it thinking will that sell for that?……..well you’ve just answered that question:lol:

15 minutes ago, Twinfan said:

spacer.png

It's addictive!!

5 minutes ago, moffman said:

Looks really cool mate;) was it the one on eBay a week or so ago? If so I did look at it thinking will that sell for that?……..well you’ve just answered that question:lol:

Ha ha, yes it was the eBay one. I don't know how often they come up and it is in very good condition, barely used. I just grabbed it given how the price of everything seems to be increasing very quickly these days!

What do you think it's actually worth? I don't mind that I've probably overpaid...

8 minutes ago, svenb said:

It's addictive!!

Very! I'm pretty much done now though, bar the kit-specific motors e.g. badged GT-Tuneds for the Avante, Bigwig etc

48 minutes ago, Twinfan said:

Ha ha, yes it was the eBay one. I don't know how often they come up and it is in very good condition, barely used. I just grabbed it given how the price of everything seems to be increasing very quickly these days!

What do you think it's actually worth? I don't mind that I've probably overpaid...

Mate it’s whatever you’re willing to pay for it? If it’s the missing item in your collection then you pay what you can afford;) it is indeed a very rare motor and because it’s tamiya it’s going to be good quality and it look really good!

I paid top dollar for a boxed mint super stock type RR with the limited edition gun metal can and red end bell version because it was the missing item in my collection and I know I paid over the odds but it was their i was missing one in my collection so I got it

• Like 1