backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

3 hours ago, naturbo2000 said:

I've got just about everything needed to do my next project (paint arriving next week).

I know the S wheelbase is 6mm too long, but we'll work through it. I'm not the first.

_20230506_124235.JPG

Ooh. What shell is that? 

3 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Ooh. What shell is that? 

It's the 1/12 Tamiya Tamtech 288 GTO.

Wheelbase is 204mm, so I need to mod the M08 a little (210mm in short config). First 2mm is trivial, next 2mm is easy. I have a plan for the remaining 2mm.

M08 rear track width matches well. Front is 165mm vs 149mm of the Tamtech GT01. But the body fits pretty poorly on the designed chassis, so I might get away with it. I have a plan for pulling 2-4mm track width out of the M08 if needed.

M wheels with 54D tyres are a good size match to the original. If I can find the Tamtech GTO wheels anywhere, I'll get 4 rears and mod them on.

I might be forced into running a shorty LiPo, but I'll cross that bridge later.

• Like 3

Was out last night so got my post this morning.

Something good......yay

spacer.png

A low profile servo for my Dirtmaster build. Never had anything by this brand before and was a bit more expensive than the servos i normally get.

And something bad.......boooo

spacer.png

Not just one but two fines for crossing a river to go to an event that i really didnt want to attend at the time. Never had this when i just had to luzz my pound coin into the big yellow basket thing back in the old days.

Balance is restored.

Actually it isnt. The back box on my car fell off on the way home after going through a deep puddle and now needs replacing. Im down on karma at the momemt it owes me something good.

• Sad 3

Think it gets worse.

Not sure if the new servo works.

Plugged it into my servo tester to centre it and i get disco lights and cant use any of the setting function buttons.

spacer.png

Just tried it again on the Alturn one that doesnt fit in the buggy and it works fine

spacer.png

Is there any good or legit reason why the CoreRC servo wigs out the servo tester??? Before i try it on my esc and receiver set up and possibly fry that?

Edit; I just tried it - it doesnt work, flashing red light on the receiver. Switched off, plugged the Alturn one in and it works fine. Shame as the Core one looks really nice and the red anodised centre matches the heat sink on the 1060 esc.

• Sad 1

Oh I feel your pain @Superluminal I had the same with a pair of spektrum receivers I waited for an age for them to come back into stock and one didn’t bind:angry::( sooo frustrating!
and don’t get me started with the dartford crossing that is one of the biggest bugbears of our family lives:angry: one of my daughters has got an account with the wonderful dart charge because she has to frequently go over that way but I can’t tell you how many penalty notices she’s had (there isn’t an extra angry emoji I can use that signifies how much our anger is with those @#€$¥ ) and she has an account WT…… it says it can take up to 48hrs to appear on your account but they send the penalty notice after 24hrs and one minute from what I can gather is the company that sends the penalty notice don’t know if you’ve got an account so it’s just a money grabbing issue!:angry::angry:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Think it gets worse.

Not sure if the new servo works.

Plugged it into my servo tester to centre it and i get disco lights and cant use any of the setting function buttons.

spacer.png

Just tried it again on the Alturn one that doesnt fit in the buggy and it works fine

spacer.png

Is there any good or legit reason why the CoreRC servo wigs out the servo tester??? Before i try it on my esc and receiver set up and possibly fry that?

Edit; I just tried it - it doesnt work, flashing red light on the receiver. Switched off, plugged the Alturn one in and it works fine. Shame as the Core one looks really nice and the red anodised centre matches the heat sink on the 1060 esc.

Try loosening the 4 screws on the bottom a half turn or so. I recently disassembled a servo to shorten the leads, and it did the same thing you are describing until I loosened the screws a little. 

If not, would a JX 4409MG work for your application? They're about 16usd and I've had good luck with them so far. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tbird232ci said:

Try loosening the 4 screws on the bottom a half turn or so. I recently disassembled a servo to shorten the leads, and it did the same thing you are describing until I loosened the screws a little. 

If not, would a JX 4409MG work for your application? They're about 16usd and I've had good luck with them so far. 

To be honest i think im just going to send it back, if it was just going to be a shelf car i wouldnt be too fussed but i want to drive this one and dont think i would ever be able to trust it not damaging something else.

Did you find out what the issue the tightness of the screws was causing?

6 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

To be honest i think im just going to send it back, if it was just going to be a shelf car i wouldnt be too fussed but i want to drive this one and dont think i would ever be able to trust it not damaging something else.

Did you find out what the issue the tightness of the screws was causing?

For the price you paid, I would probably send it back as well. I have a terrible lack of patience and would hate to wait over and over again, so sending it back would also be torture. 

I think the screws being too tight caused enough deflection in the case to lock the gears down. It's easy to get too much leverage with a full sized screw driver on tiny screws. 

I opened up a package from A Main yesterday containing some MIP 1.5mm and a 2mm hex drivers along with a 7mm nut driver. Also got some XT60 connectors I soldered up last night and a Miata body for the M08. Unfortunately I accidentally ordered the lightweight version so I expect to be getting a new one sooner than I thought I would be. The lightweight version is a bit "too" flimsy for my skill level. 

got a small package today. some sticker sheets, MST damper retainers, countersunk washers, ball connectors, and Acuvance gold plugs for a brushless motor and gold plugs for lipo batteries.

IMG-6319.jpg

• Like 3

Motor, receiver, and mini bent nose pliers for my garage RC drawer. 

IMG_2023-5-9-171718.jpg.69b3f711ba769429cfb5284106d861a6.jpg

• Like 3

For me, 2 additional BL motors (15.5 & 19.5), wheels and tires for Javelin, wheel sets for Beetle.  B)

I really hope I can get another Javelin..

IMG_2023-5-10-171633.jpg

• Like 4

RCAS in full swing.  M-06 Sprint GTA, M-08R & spare XV-02 & M-08R lower deck.
m08r.thumb.jpg.5f02b2e5c60bb59d28ac3d82160ff599.jpgm06.thumb.jpg.909bd4e9cac6e3d84146eefa9d8e634e.jpg

• Like 9

Dedicated program card for my garage’s RC cars, and more Beetle wheels.  B)

IMG_2023-5-11-111834.jpg

• Like 3

A few parts for my BBX build, just waiting on the slipper:

vK8Csgx.jpg

And the last parts I'm waiting for to start the Dirt Master:

Fi0rjjd.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, toyolien said:

A few parts for my BBX build, just waiting on the slipper:

vK8Csgx.jpg

Wow! Where did you find those in stock?

7 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Wow! Where did you find those in stock?

At rcjaz 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

At rcjaz 👍

Looks like AsiaTees are also getting stock in too.

image.thumb.png.7511c0aca297f35eea64c56c8588d568.png

2 hours ago, Tobyone said:

Looks like AsiaTees are also getting stock in too.

Yep, and Tamico. No one seems to have the slipper or tires yet though...