backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Some antenna tubes in orange fluo, that makes a nice finishing details for vintage cars although it is totally useless with 2.4G radios...
vQ7uAtL.jpg

• Like 3

My first bits of Falcon yellow this millennium, so you can all sleep soundly in your beds tonight, safe in the knowledge my gearbox will indeed be "seald", and the purists can breathe once again, knowing that my Falcon will have on it one piece of actual bona fide Falcon:

20230513_151049

(unlikely I'll use either the mount for batteries that haven't been needed for 30 years or the guard that won't fit)

And screws from Boltbase. Big up them - fast, cheap, good, conveniently bagged. 

I am more excited about starting my Knock-off Falcon build than makes any sense. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Some more parts for the M-08 and spares from PJ
pzm08.thumb.jpg.7c7192a66722d3a3250313890296c920.jpg

• Like 5

Ill explain this in my thread. But I present to you a HKS Skyline R32 GTR, on a TA-02 chassis. 

KcmjI0b.jpeg

I think you'll agree the condition isnt bad for something released in 1994 😉

3gxEKey.jpeg

9YAIobN.jpeg

Also, some cheap but decent spec servos. £8ish from Ali Express. If these are any good Ill order 10 or so for my recent cars. 

vcrYxv5.jpeg

• Like 8

So officially I have moved to the dark side. My second Traxxas and what makes it worse RTR. At least I had to build my TRX4 mongral!!! But wow the engineering in this thing is amazing. I should point out this is a 1/16 scale Slash and for size comparison see the M05 mini clubman. I got really excited when I picked up as I was going to charge it up an have a blast. Now get ready for the rant…. Traxxas I get most of what you do, I think you go about it the wrong way and perhaps you push the point two far but having built the TRX4 and just looking at the way that this is put together you are very, very good at what you do. So why do you have to go and spoil it all by sticking a fag lighter plug on the charger. Yes the 1/16 scale is a backpack car but?????? Just make it a USB plug which most cars have and be done. Anyhow the soldering iron has been out and I will soon have a solution. Really looking forward to running it.IMG_4253.jpg
IMG_4256.jpg
IMG_4255.jpg
IMG_4258.jpg
IMG_4259.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

So officially I have moved to the dark side. My second Traxxas and what makes it worse RTR. At least I had to build my TRX4 mongral!!! But wow the engineering in this thing is amazing. I should point out this is a 1/16 scale Slash and for size comparison see the M05 mini clubman. I got really excited when I picked up as I was going to charge it up an have a blast. Now get ready for the rant…. Traxxas I get most of what you do, I think you go about it the wrong way and perhaps you push the point two far but having built the TRX4 and just looking at the way that this is put together you are very, very good at what you do. So why do you have to go and spoil it all by sticking a fag lighter plug on the charger. Yes the 1/16 scale is a backpack car but?????? Just make it a USB plug which most cars have and be done. Anyhow the soldering iron has been out and I will soon have a solution. Really looking forward to running it.IMG_4253.jpg
IMG_4256.jpg
IMG_4255.jpg
IMG_4258.jpg
IMG_4259.jpg

Whoa that is smaller than i thought

Some alloy for the Top Force Evo. I only currently need the gearbox cover, but I'm expecting that I'll break the hubs somewhere along the way, so might as well be prepared.

Gearbox cover seems to fit ok. Had a play with the front hubs and knuckles but they need more fettling than I was prepared to give them yesterday (shims etc). But then having reverted back to the OG items I see I need to shim the UJs anyway...

_20230516_200749.JPG

• Like 5

Gonna love the super fast delivery of RCJ.

RuWKhSN.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Someone take my bank card off me 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I5TiVYP.jpeg

Ok , will need your pin number 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This arrived today from Japan. Compared to the LHS this was cheaper by US$52 for the same TA08 Pro, cheaper by US$70 than a Type SRX, and by US$106 than an XV-02 Pro so I pulled the trigger

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

Today I got... Swiss cheese!

IMG_20230519_163811919.jpg

Hey, it's structurally sound, it was cheap (ish: $30 shipped) and it's for a runner. I'm not about to pay five times that for a nice-looking "RARE VINTAGE RC10 EDINGER A-STAMP CHASSIS TUB L@@K" to hang a bunch of random parts from.

Funny thing is, all those holes, and no one ever drilled it for a Stealth gearbox. Now I need to decide whether to drill it, or swap over the 6-gear from my other RC10...

• Like 5

Nice order @Nick-W - is that a slipper clutch Hop-Up underneath?, i heard that and severo stay are close to essential hop-ups for S-Avante . I believe you also need a smaller servo than standard in this kit?. Which motor are you putting in the Super Avante? (One off many kits i would like to be my next build)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, simalarion said:

Nice order @Nick-W - is that a slipper clutch Hop-Up underneath?, i heard that and severo stay are close to essential hop-ups for S-Avante . I believe you also need a smaller servo than standard in this kit?. Which motor are you putting in the Super Avante? (One off many kits i would like to be my next build)

That’s a diff nut under the servo stay, I already had one spare after putting a gear diff in the TD2. I wasn’t intending to use a slipper clutch in this build but I got a little carried away on an order from Plaza so now one is winging it’s way to me. 
You a low profile servo, on the TD2 I still had to use two stand-off spacers to fit the Etronix servo in. I’m using a savox this time. 
I’m not entirely sure if the motor yet. I tend to run brushed and have a Super Stock BZ that doesn’t have a home yet so I think that’ll go in for the time being. 
I loved building my TD2. It went together in a really satisfying way so I’m sure this will be more of the same. 

• Thanks 1

2x 12T 550 motors for the Jugger. POWERRRRRRrrrrr! :lol:

FMEPoK1.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, Truck Norris said:

Two more cockpit sets, this time from RCJaz on eBay. Two more undrilled 911 GT2 bodies from eBay UK, more masking sheet to machine cut make my own window masks, Impreza 2001 Prototype wing/mirrors/scoop, two Willy NOS bottles from @IBIFTKH which I'll use for fire extinguishers. I bought some whole figure sets previously just for the bottles and gave the figures to Rob who I knew could make use of them, so he kindly reciprocated by giving me some of his spare bottles :) The paints are from Redline RC but not what I ordered, and came complete with someone else's invoice. It was supposed to be X4 Blue and three large mixing bottles. Waiting to hear back from them.

goodies-14th-may-2020.jpg

Hi "@Truck Norris", I'm shopping for a spare body and wing for my GT2 and I found your post from a few years ago.

I wasn't aware these were packaged as set AND with an undrilled body - that's AWESOME.  Do you recall the part number and do you know if these are still available?

• Like 1