backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

The last of the hop ups in readiness for my BBX turning up. 

Bs83Qdl.jpg

And, some decals I may use for a TD4 body I have an idea for...

OvYjQgr.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

Quick peek and it’s looks promising 😎

image.jpg

That’s a keeper!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Green Grasshopper that has been on back order since February finally arrived today.

• Like 4

Plaza.thumb.jpg.4d0cd63122d6ba8d2ed2ab557c25fe86.jpg

Plaza Japan sent me a fan, they must've seen our weather forecast :lol:

I got from them:
2 Pairs of new tyres for the Kyosho Outlaw Pro
New front skid guard for Outlaw Pro
New LED set for Outlaw Pro
TBLM-02S 10.5T motor for the BB-01X (now thinking I may need a slipper clutch after all!)
CC02 Plated Gearbox parts (now realising just how much I need to strip down to fit these bits...)

Also got from TTP Models:
M-05 servo arm tie-rod thing
911 GT2 Clear body. Not sure whose fault it was for posting that these were back in stock but I'm blaming someone else for my lack of self-control. 

• Like 9

A friendly forum member over on MSUK sent me some Tamiya TA bits 🙂

s8kcOXU.jpeg

Not sure where to go with this. But we will see :)

• Like 8

Goodies from japan that is not from Pj!

I really wanted this to mount hex wheels to tamiya 2wd front hubs.

got progressive springs for grasshopper2… but dont have the car itself yet.

time to order grasshopper 2

IMG_7089.jpeg

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Goodies from japan that is not from Pj!

I really wanted this to mount hex wheels to tamiya 2wd front hubs.

got progressive springs for grasshopper2… but dont have the car itself yet.

time to order grasshopper 2

IMG_7089.jpeg

These look very interesting compared to the other adapters on the market? Looks like a bearing goes each side of the adapter. Keen to see these fitted

1 hour ago, mtbkym01 said:

These look very interesting compared to the other adapters on the market? Looks like a bearing goes each side of the adapter. Keen to see these fitted

Yeah it is different than other mods. It works with stock axles… basically mount those adaptors to hex wheels.. but those wheels holes need to be enlarged a bit. (Silver one is actual template for that)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Yeah it is different than other mods. It works with stock axles… basically mount those adaptors to hex wheels.. but those wheels holes need to be enlarged a bit. (Silver one is actual template for that)

Would be interested to see this fitted. Is the wheel sandwiched between two adapter pieces? 

50 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Oooh. That looks like a genuinely good solution. 

The progressive springs interest me too, although unfortunately I can't see any in standard buggy sizes - I assume GH springs are much smaller diameter than CVAs especially the front ones. 

Bought a couple of HPI Datsun 240Z Cup Racer bodies of eBay a month or two back. 

IMG-2981-1142.jpg

Needed a chassis with a 225mm wheelbase for the bodies, the M08R was considered, but because of the rear body post position I ended up with a Xpress Execute XM1S from RCMart. Also bought the Susumu 225mm conversion kit in carbon, longer front belt and some other carbon bits to match the chassis plates.  

IMG-2980-1141.jpg

• Like 7

Today’s purchase from the LHS. Some XV-01 springs, 6mm adjusters for the High Lift and a Civic body set 

spacer.png

• Like 5

Some bits for the TD4 that I was definitely intending to leave stock, honest, and a nice shiny set of wheels. 

IMG_4478.jpeg

IMG_4479.jpeg

• Like 6

Not exactly @Mad Ax mod  ^_^ but made a little extra air went beside the motor as it was getting very Hot. Surprisingly it helped so i believe i do not need more holes, as i drove up 1 battery 🪫 at quite high intensity and did not smell melted plastic this time, finally with no issue either. 

Not sure what the dirt on the lexan is but i suspect Pollen, Lexan-cover did its job today:

746IY0V.jpg

biwMGan.jpg

Subaru did put a smile on my face today 👍 

• Like 6

On 5/28/2023 at 2:59 PM, BuggyDad said:

Oooh. That looks like a genuinely good solution. 

The progressive springs interest me too, although unfortunately I can't see any in standard buggy sizes - I assume GH springs are much smaller diameter than CVAs especially the front ones. 

+1 to interesting. Can’t wait to see them fitted an how well they work. Trigger poised to purchase a couple of sets!!!

I've wanted one of these since I first saw them a loooong time ago. I was looking recently and the prices were all crazy talk. Between AUD 800-1000 or more. I think I saw a couple that were cheaper, around 500-ish.
Anyhoo, I waited and then this one popped up on my feed for AUD 250. I think that's a bit over 100 of the finest GBP, 120-140?

Body is spotless, chassis used a bit, some good parts on it. It's one of those silver/gray freaky looking chassis, I forget the designation right now.
Installed an Rx and test drove it. It goes really well. Happy Pablo!!

I go on about prices a bit, but it's because I really HAVE to look at them being employed on a casual basis and all.

Mini.jpg

• Like 8

Been a while since I bought anything RC, had some other hobbies to attend to. Anyway, found a body shell that's kinda rare

20230531_165849.thumb.jpg.0cd9792eec5289b061b550df106a89fc.jpg

For now I'm thinking to put it in a TT-02 I already have, but first some wheels that's a close match (but not exact)

20230531_170045.thumb.jpg.c7f0c06557d005923a9d2b451804cc4f.jpg

Tires and inserts as well. And the very basic TT-02 upgrades I should have bought from the start.

• Like 7

Are PJ Reading this forum 🤔😊, after just getting Eraser bags for them they suddenly gave me not only a 🇯🇵 girl but Dog & Dog + Dogg House! After crying about it on this forum. I got 2 at once which i did split to avoid Tax, but one went through and the other was hit:blink:

spacer.png

• Like 3

ESC and receiver for my Beetle #6 (arriving later today :D), and ESC for future build.

IMG_2023-6-1-111127.jpg.ddb0d173f51cc2fa5ea64bd4afc02bbe.jpg

Update... Beetle #6 and 1251 to go with it.  :D 

IMG_2023-6-1-182116.jpg.d802b063607b817a0ab64225d2669449.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 4

A new bodyshell, more vintage like for the M05 (that I'll shorten specially for this)
UMCFQIw.jpg

And a very oldschool NIB
ERare0M.jpg

SG Gemini SLX 1/12, directly incoming from 1981, with a Lola T600 bodyshell
7S8nodg.jpg

The chassis itself is Lexan which was very efficient on low grip indoor venues... The chassis was designed by Phil Greeno and bought by SG racing cars (Bologne, Italy) and was put into the market in 1981, with various bodyshell... I would have like to have the Shkee DB1 bodyshell with it, but the Lola T600 is fine... A single color will make it a very nice shell... It seems as well that the stickers sheet is not assorted, although a SG one... Maybe the planed initially to sell those cars with a 934 body (all the NIB pictures I found of this car had the same stickers, independantly of the shell)...
Anycase, as you see, there is no blisters, so this car will be built and likely run at some point during onroad vintage events...

• Like 4