backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Very happy to have this M-chassis body arrive today... It's clear/untrimmed/unpainted; this is just an example photo from ABC Hobby's web site...

austinpickup1.jpg

hi speedy,

does that shell come with the light buckets and chrome bumper sticker like those in the sample pics?

cheers :)

I am 39 and now excited like a kid as this turned up today..

I have been wanting one of these for ages!

No I have to work out how to smuggle it into the house with out the wife noticing ;)

img16291.jpg

Steering Hop-Up for DB01R for the princely sum of £7.50 B) :

DSC_0894.jpg

Very happy to have this M-chassis body arrive today... It's clear/untrimmed/unpainted; this is just an example photo from ABC Hobby's web site...

That is a very cool Mini body... interested to see how much painting skill it required to get it looking like the picture?

hi speedy,

does that shell come with the light buckets and chrome bumper sticker like those in the sample pics?

cheers :)

That is a very cool Mini body... interested to see how much painting skill it required to get it looking like the picture?

The shell does come with light buckets -- they're Lexan like the main body and are the full width of the shell. You have to paint the light buckets chrome/silver, drill for LEDs, then tape them to the inside of the shell. I know there are one or two "chrome" paint solutions out there, but in a pinch I tend to use PS-48 (used to be called Anodized Aluminum Silver, now called Metallic Silver Chrome).

The decals sheet does have headlight/turn signal bezels with a kind of gradient pattern on them to simulate chrome; HPI tries to do this as well and it usually doesn't look quite right. I've bought some rolls of chrome tape and plan to give it a shot: http://www3.towerhob...APE &search=Go.

In terms of paint approach, it looks like you can mask off the windows, headlights, tail lights, and turn signals like usual, shoot a single color, back it, then shoot some window tint. The window trim, door hinges, door handles, front grill, etc. are all decals. For the headlights, turn signals, and bumper I'm going to give the chrome tape a try.

• Like 1

thanks speedy for all that info, much appreciated , i am in need of a new mini shell for my old M03 so might give one of of those a go rather than the tamiya item . ;):)

..and tonight an Egress screw bag E was on the doorstep :D

Not the most exciting postal arrival .... 2 bruiser rubber switch covers :mellow:

Which reminds me I need to get one of those. My delivery was even less interesting, two servo y-leads.

Today,

NIP 84300, 84301 Hi-Caps

Mini DV camera

Tamiya emblem decals

Hotshot G parts tree (to repair a colleagues hotshot), Stadium Blitzer wheel set (just to have), Top Force front bumper, and Large Dish Wheels 4wd Front, all from JR-RC ;)

This morning

4 x pots of Faskolor pearlescent airbrush paint

2 x Top Force wing stays

1 x DF-03 screw bag C

1 x 9805816 Dyna Storm flanged tube

1 x 50593 4x6mm flanged tube

1 x 9804454 FF-03R flanged tube 4.2x3.3mm (2)

m03 bearing kit, lunchbox window sprew, 4x 2.4dhz receivers, grasshopper driver and light pods

hobby king X-Car 10.5t motor for the M-04EL zzzzoooooooommmmmmm

traxxas mach steel 17t &19t pinions

3 racing shim kit for the holiday buggy diff

:)

Sadly an incomplete order after much delay.

I want to change my Tx to LiPo so order the required battery, leads and low voltage sensor only to find out the battery is on back order. So now I have the hardware minus the battery. :( I might try and fit it all in and wire it up pending the battery.

Dooooh Just put in another small order to JR RC for a $5 part and $85 latter . Gee that store is so addictive. Now I have to save again for my body shell order I have been meaning to do since X Mas. :(

Well these items arrived today for 2 more Shot steering upgrade but trying another rack.

P3070063_zps71168c6e.jpg

This morning

mint used Dirt Tuned motor

Kyosho Progress chain guides

This morning

mint used Dirt Tuned motor

Kyosho Progress chain guides

So you have A Progress?

I forgot to mention I just got nerf bars from Jr Rc for my supposedly NB Progress. Any Pic's?

So you have A Progress?

I forgot to mention I just got nerf bars from Jr Rc for my supposedly NB Progress. Any Pic's?

I have a barely used Gallop Mk I, a restored Gallop MK II (sadly i couldn;t get the Mk 2 rear cage so a Mk I has to suffice)..

IMG_0040.jpg

and this Progress that will eventually get a restoration..

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

There's a rebuild thread on the MkII here ... http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65935&hl=%2Bkyosho+%2Bgallop

ok , this thread should have its name changed to , Percymon's parcels :lol: :lol: :);)

ok , this thread should have its name changed to , Percymon's parcels :lol: :lol: :);)

No no no - the other half would find me out too easily - sneaking parcels off the postie in te morning is half the fun :D

I'm waiting on some small bits n bobs from RCMart, two more pots of Faskolor paint,some NIP Original Hi-Caps and a Avante 2001 mount bag at present.

Not buying anything else , any more..

PINNNNNNNOCH.jpg

• Like 1

Neither a Tamiya nor a car, but it arrived today and I can't wait for a dry, calm day. Wonder if it will fly anything like the P51 Ultra Micro on the RC Desk Pilot simulator?

1_zps7331b540.jpg

2_zps5046a20a.jpg

just a carson mad fighter wheel set, black, from fusion hobbies :)

Some Option House shocks that I'm hoping can be utilised on my Turbo Optima :unsure:

IMG_2588_zps920ceba3.jpg

I learned today that Buggy Champ uprights are for most intents and purposes identical to the Frog-style uprights, a pair of the former having arrived. It does mean I blew money needlessly on the latter, which cost about three times more! Well, now we know...