backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I'm back in favour with postie, today a couple of RC Lohas bumpers for the RC10

Got a slightly used Avante 2011 today. It came with a Carson 40 mhz. radio and Carson servo, an extra body and a few other things. Motor and esc was not included, but for 200$ I am quite satisfied.

Avante_zps7eee3021.jpg

Avante2_zps9056e228.jpg

Hmm, gold.....Interesting :huh:

Today my back order Manta Ray chassis tub turned up - thankfully it made it onto the August ship having missed the July one !

Also various imperial bearings and a load of silicon carbide diff balls for the RC10s :D

I'll have to bend the rules here as I actually went and picked this up from Dazza1's house but I got this (complete with realistic (read: real) mud effect).

Thanks Daz, can't wait to get this even more hopped up than it already is and get scale crawling!

null_zpsbd38ef33.jpg

• Like 1

Waiting for my Neo Scorcher to arrive from Fusion - got an email from work receptionist to say parcel had arrived!!! :D

Turns out it was a faux leather handbag from China for my wife :(

Today a selection of steel pinions, bodyclips, body protectors and foam tyre inserts

Got some more 5ive-T parts . Power pipe that is not so loud . + some shock rebuild kits & boot parts for drive line & of course Proline tyres .

137d3ccaf52856b9835252f4511ef1c0_zps1daf

• Like 1

Matman...That 5ive-T looks kick-@ss! (Censored lol) Where did you purchase it?

Matman...That 5ive-T looks kick-@ss! (Censored lol) Where did you purchase it?

PerthRC , that's where Al works . The one that had the Blue 4x4 ute on our rc day .

Alot of fun ...

perthrc.com.au .

Was up there a month or so back & went too see Al & this was on the floor .

Talked too him & this just wanted too come home with me , so it did :D . $1600. bucks later .

I have got some upgrades to help it & that's about it < It's just me needing them :P ...

Al wants one as well , so do a few others in the group . Camping weekends are coming WOOHOO!! .

So with the rc's & motorcross bikes it a great weekend .

Set of Fastrax 'Kong' crawler tyres on 1.9 beadlocks for the New Bright Wangler / CC-01 project . Kudos to Modelsport as these where only ordered yesterday .

Neo Scorcher including torque tuned motor - am I the first on the forums to recieve one here in the UK?? B)

IMG_20130816_141900.jpg

So due to my issues with the clicking Avante, i went out and ordered some new Axels as i thought they were the issue, anyway they wernt so i got some spares !

2le2d03.jpg

Postie brought me today another load of RC10 parts (battery cups, nost tubes drive gear,idler gears, e clips etc etc etc).

Now getting fed up that the other half of my Tower order hasn't arrived , parts sent from Reno warehouse on 31.7.13 arrived last Friday; items shipped from Illinois warehouse same day still not with me >> time to email them i think :angry:

Postie brought me today another load of RC10 parts (battery cups, nost tubes drive gear,idler gears, e clips etc etc etc).

Now getting fed up that the other half of my Tower order hasn't arrived , parts sent from Reno warehouse on 31.7.13 arrived last Friday; items shipped from Illinois warehouse same day still not with me >> time to email them i think :angry:

I had done an order from them a year or so ago & one lot came & the other came from the other shop & that took 4 weeks :( .

Small parcel & it looked like it was stuck in a mail sorting rollers ?. But it will turn up .

• Like 1

I had done an order from them a year or so ago & one lot came & the other came from the other shop & that took 4 weeks :( .

Small parcel & it looked like it was stuck in a mail sorting rollers ?. But it will turn up .

Cheers matman - i'm sure it will. I emailed Tower yesterday not really expecting anything back but they did respond in 30 minutes with a mail receipt number which supposedly gives limited tracking information, although I've not been able to get it to work on USPS or RoyalMail systems.

I can't do any proper RC work til Tuesday and I'm away the week after so it doesn't really matter if they take another 2 weeks, just I hate waiting :D

This mornings delivery brought forth - set of repo Mauri Golden Eagle decals from TC Member (PM ME IF YOU REQUIRE DETAILS) . Really excellent quality . Also a rc4wd rubber snorkel from RcBitz .

So percymon ! if your away . Who is going to keep this thread alive :P ... How will your postman keep paying for his NEW house :P . :lol: .

I got some stuff today matman but only because percymon is away. :D

Tyres, servo saver, pinion gear and new driveshafts for the DT-02 as somehow I have bent an axle, thought I had buckled a wheel, turns out the axle was bent.

DSCF6080_zpsa3eaec09.jpg

• Like 1

Fear not, I'm not away yet !

Postie brought me another bag full of RC10 parts this morning, and said he'd be back later with a large box for me ! :)

• Like 1

TRF 501x WE body shell, under tray and turnbuckles from JR-RC, no customs hit!

Fear not, I'm not away yet !

Postie brought me another bag full of RC10 parts this morning, and said he'd be back later with a large box for me ! :)

He kept his promise..

Tamiya Subaru WRC bodyset

and the RC10 chassis parts that I sent away for reanodizing :D :D :D

4 tins of paint

A pack of 1200 wet & dry

A litre of graffiti remover

2 rolls of Tamiya masking tape

Can you guess what I'm about to do?

4 tins of paint

A pack of 1200 wet & dry

A litre of graffiti remover

2 rolls of Tamiya masking tape

Can you guess what I'm about to do?

Be careful with the grafitti remover Steve - test an inconspicuous part or a scrap piece first ;)

Be careful with the grafitti remover Steve - test an inconspicuous part or a scrap piece first ;)

Thanks David, will do