backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Had to get some rubbers, didn't want any accidents :lol:20130819_122307_zpsc3ca262c.jpg

Nice & i see you got it from RCMart , with the free coffee coster . :D

Nice & i see you got it from RCMart , with the free coffee coster . :D

Yeah, that was a nice suprise! I felt guilty though, would rather buy from Stella but they dont stock pit shimizu and the wheels werent in stock, it's like I'm cheating... :o

• Like 1

New Bright Jeep arrived this morning from Argos outlet . Well pleased with it for the knock down price of £25 delivered . By the end of today i'll have it striped and trial fitted on the CC-01 . It need lots tidying , decals removing and a repaint but it has lots of potential .

Nothing too interesting today, just a spare set of uprights for my TL-01B.

New Bright Jeep arrived this morning from Argos outlet . Well pleased with it for the knock down price of £25 delivered . By the end of today i'll have it striped and trial fitted on the CC-01 . It need lots tidying , decals removing and a repaint but it has lots of potential .

That is good, I paid that PLUS postage for a slightly abused bodyshell only. They can easily fetch that on eBay with the right tags..

new dogbnes for the avante 88 runner that I broke last week (one spare)

new DF03 chassis that got broke last week (**** bad week eh?)

CLK DTM body for tl01la (geuss I need a LA for the collection now) got it as I have a 09 CLK sport in black so wanted it to match my shelf ... at some point :)

9rof0l.jpg

new dogbnes for the avante 88 runner that I broke last week (one spare)

new DF03 chassis that got broke last week (**** bad week eh?)

CLK DTM body for tl01la (geuss I need a LA for the collection now) got it as I have a 09 CLK sport in black so wanted it to match my shelf ... at some point :)

9rof0l.jpg

The good news is you don't need a TL-01 LA as they are the same width as the normal TL-01. The longer arms were compensated at the uprights/hubs so track width is the same as the shorter armed TL-01. ;)

That's a great body set , although the decals are a challenge ! Keep it as a street version !!

Today...

After paying £12.76 to Customs I finally got the other half of my tower hobbies order - shock oils, greases, lubes and a whole host of RC10 parts bags.

Sadly while I was out sorting that I missed the courier bringing my £14 wild One , so that's tomorrow's news ;)

Ahh nice one Percymon for the heads up! I did put the shell on the TL01 and think that looks OK lol. and just looked in your show room Vnice !!!!! its the one I missed I think?

What wheels n Tyres are on it btw?

yes car will not have any decals other then the grill/windows/lights I want it to look as close to my real car as possible, well a beefed up version!

Zooter, I used some 3mm offset wheels from eBay to fill out the arches. I have some multispoke wheels like the box art but they sat a little too much in the arches for my liking. I fitted tamiya slicks to my non tamiya offset wheels.

Wheels were ansmann, eBay item 310540566033. But there are loads of different styles out there.

Percymon u are the man! no I really like the way those alloys/wheels fill the arches, I have some Tamiya hop up 5 spoke similar to the AMG road wheels but as you say, they don't fill the arch enough to look right, but the ones you have look ace :)

Got some losi 5ive-T parts & oils .

665dd6827f017130f5934416dd9aa5cf_zps7eff

Still waiting on my TG-10 stuff :( ....

• Like 1

the coaster is to prevent any ... dribbling

Depends

Today the postie attempted to bring me some more Jugg 2 decals (had to go pick them up).

Todays arrivals..

Speed Passion 13.5T sensored brushless motor

Wild One battery plate and bracket

and my £14 Wild One just turned up :D :D :D

IMG_0014_zpsd1b2a105.jpg

Today got my 104 ESC (just to have one spare/laying around) (£21)

Avante Tyres(x2) was a decent price so thought meh getum(£9.99)

gearbox parts for Avante 58072 (just to have some spares incase... well really as I initially thought I had a issue with the gearbox when it was clicking) (£10 inc del)

289iqzo.jpg

• Like 1

I got my latest Hilux in the post today.

Looks pretty good shape for a model that's over 30 years old.

Acoms 2.4g stick transmitter..

Let me know how you get on with that, I have 2 and I think they are rubbish, the stick cradles wear out so that they don't centre properly, the range is rubbish and my steering trim doesn't work anymore on my newest radio which is just over 1 year old.

Axial poison Spyder JK RockBrawler front and rear Bumper with wheel carrier for my CC-01 New Bright Wrangler Jeep. Excellent quality and having shackles and led retainers is a real bonus .

Let me know how you get on with that, I have 2 and I think they are rubbish, the stick cradles wear out so that they don't centre properly, the range is rubbish and my steering trim doesn't work anymore on my newest radio which is just over 1 year old.

must have 10 of them, only issue I've had is the range, oh and an incident when my 502x charged off by itself into a kerb stone...

From Austria, Fredrik/Alaste 502x rear shock tower (4mm)

From Stella,

54134 buggy racing wing set

51285 501x drive belt

54257 5mm reinforced adjuster

54329 DB01 gear diff

53951 one way set

54006 one way adapter

Tires for my Lancia Rally:

4z52.jpg

They were listed on auction as suitable for the Audi Quattro Rally, Opel Ascona 400, and Willy's Wheeler, yet not the Lancia... Very cool to see near-new-condition spares for old models - the treads are so square and well-defined.