backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

but after watching videos from the most vocal people against the weakness of this truck, I realised a lot was what they were doing to it

Ah yes, the age old "All I did was jump it from orbit, and a steering knuckle broke! This thing is fragile!" refrain

• Like 1

Some black wheel nuts and black socket cap bolts all for my FAV that I'm building.

Posted Image

And some Lego nets, also for my FAV build.

Posted Image

• Like 1

This came this morning:

IMG_20140502_111549.jpg

Thanks qatmix :)

Build thread. Build thread. Build thread :)

Build thread. Build thread. Build thread :)

I know! I was just thinking that no ones done one for this yet... :)

Sounds like you just volunteered then DaveB, good man! :)

Having just built a rally TT02 I'd be very interested to see how the XV builds up and your thoughts on its performance. It seems to have a lot of love on the forum.

A few parts for a Ranger restoration + a chassis for the Terra Conqueror.

adb29314-18b8-41bc-b6f0-e73c68b11e9b_zps

I picked up my order from JR-RC at the Customs Office. Very nice condition and fast delivery from Japan, good start to my 2 weeks vacation.

corolla5ljrs.jpg

• Like 1

Final order of DF-03 parts arrived today - shims, D parts, diff balls n springs so I can now get non with rebuild - not before time.

A small Fusion delivery contained a few pinions, shock oils and Harribos :D :D

And a customs charge of £19.30 for £25 worth of boomerang parts - ach well, canne win them all :rolleyes:

I picked up my order from JR-RC at the Customs Office. Very nice condition and fast delivery from Japan, good start to my 2 weeks vacation.

corolla5ljrs.jpg

I really should get around to finishing the decals on mine...

corolla5ljrs.jpg

These are awesome cars, nice find.

Two delivery's today!

A re re fast attack that was a great deal on my local trading site, by the looks of it, its been used once and the put on a shelf. I couldn't resist!

FastAttack_zpsd99a9b88.jpg

Second parcel was an absolute steal. It was listed on the local trading site under the wrong heading and had hardly any views so I put in a cheeky bid and won the auction. The Hotshot 2 is in pretty good nick, there are a couple of dings and dents but nothing to major. One of the rear dampers has been put on upside down?? The tires look like they have hardly been used, the whole car is just really really dirty, will join the long list to be restored

Hotshot2_zpsefa01b44.jpg

A Savox SC1258TG servo for my Astute restoration. Picked it up close by for peanuts :D

Some tyres to try on my WW2 build(when I get to it), some RC10 parts for my Edinger resto (when I get to it), and some Losi XXXT MF2 parts for a rebuild (when I get to it). Hmmm, something tells me, too many projects, not enough time.

Some tyres to try on my WW2 build(when I get to it), some RC10 parts for my Edinger resto (when I get to it), and some Losi XXXT MF2 parts for a rebuild (when I get to it). Hmmm, something tells me, too many projects, not enough time.

Well send them my way & I will sort them out ! Oh ! i may not be able to send them back :P

• Like 1

Yesterday, DF03 screw bag A. I need the 2x25mm diff screw it contains.

Pretty excited about this one. It's my first CC-01. Also received the shock stroke extension kit and aluminum dampers. In the queue it goes!

20140505_231005_zps8rpoo0dt.jpg

• Like 5

RZ stock motor. This is going into my 2013 Egress :)

49862644718_89d85f331c_o.jpg

I've just found out that these motors are rebuildable. I thought the definition of stock motor was non rebuildable and bushings in the ends - the opposite of modified motors.

Is it possible to fit bearings into these motors, and has anyone ever come across spare rotors for them?

• Like 1

First thing thus morning my box of various boomerang parts from banzai arrived - been in back order with tamiya Japan for a while but nice to have them at long last.

RZ stock motor. This is going into my 2013 Egress :)

RZmotor7.jpg

I've just found out that these motors are rebuildable. I thought the definition of stock motor was non rebuildable and bushings in the ends - the opposite of modified motors.

Is it possible to fit bearings into these motors, and has anyone ever come across spare rotors for them?

A ROAR Stock class brushed motor has fixed timing, bushings and 27 turns, but can be rebuildable, and usually is. Tamiya's Super Stock motors are not ROAR Stock class motors - they just happen to also have the word "Stock" in the name.

Time Tunnel Models can get armatures for them, and the bushings can be replaced with bearings. RCBearings.co.uk would be a good source of these.

• Like 1

Hobywing Quicrun ESC and Tamtech 4mm adjusters

49862628588_1f41e7abe0_o.jpg

And a Dark Impact body and wing set (no decals)

49863161286_b6e1de5558_o.jpg

Hobywing Quicrun ESC and Tamtech 4mm adjusters

HobbywingESCandAdjusters5.jpg

And a Dark Impact body and wing set (no decals)

DarkImpactBody5.jpg

The Hobbywing Quicrun ESC is good value for the money. I have one fitted in my DF-03MS. Nice and compact.

Steve.