backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Just having a look at the ESC now. Haven't turned it on yet, but I'm impressed with it so far.

Just having a look at the ESC now. Haven't turned it on yet, but I'm impressed with it so far.

The only drawback is that the on/off switch is configured for sideways attatchment and not from above liike most esc's. This was ideal for my DF-03 chassis though.

Steve.

The only drawback is that the on/off switch is configured for sideways attatchment and not from above liike most esc's. This was ideal for my DF-03 chassis though.

Steve.

You have the option to stick the switch down with the provided tape, or slide the switch into the holder on the side of the ESC, which is what I'll probably end up doing. I think that's a really neat idea.

• Like 1

So after waiting a while now my package from Banzai finally arrived.

I can't wait to start building the Land Cruiser, i think I will make a build thread for it. The Jun Wantabe hornet is so cool in real life, don't regret getting one. I will try to keep it NIB, but I guess my daughter eventually want it :-)

20140507_131822_zpsnzr7xosf.jpg

7021f2eb-61b2-4d74-828e-4636368d44e5_zps

• Like 5

Today a second new in box Ford C-100 Body set arrived wich looks good beside the other body set and the nib Kit.

18214762jo.jpg

18214765ki.jpg

18214763se.jpg

• Like 1

Hurrah! Second time lucky,i first ordered from Banzai but 3 days later they informed me that they were out of stock and could not back order from Tamiya because they were out of stock also!! :blink: So the second cheapest place was Jazhobby,they were £25 more expensive but their kit included the bk-105 esc which costs £20-£25 anyway so the cost was pretty much the same,got a sport tuned motor for it as well which they put inside the main box and it only took about a week and half to arrive and no customs! :)

op20t3.jpg

• Like 3

Bah, i'm *******ed off. I truly thought i was winning a fleabay auction on a Rough Rider last night but just before the auction ended someone flooded it driving the price rediculously high and i hooked off :( as do know how to walk away from a deal.

So, no SRB yet for Dominique

Bad luck, mate. Was it a newbie bidder on Ebay? 9 out of 10 cases, in my experience, if the price just keeps escalating, small bid, after small bid, after small bid, it's normally a newbie with no self control and too much excitement - and dare I say, no sense of monetary value. If they try to sell it on, they probably won't get what they paid for it. On the rare occasion, if I spot a newbie bidding on something, I'll play along, putting on small bids, watching the newbie do exactly the same. I'll help them push the price up way beyond what it's worth, make them pay over the odds. I'm a Basxxxd like that. It's a dangerous game, but in my experience, you rarely outbid a newbie.

• Like 2

A slightly frustrating delivery for me today. I thought I'd try out one of those Nvision Sport Lipo stick packs so I ordered one from Germany. It arrived very quickly which I was pleased about, so set to work, testing it in two cars I use at the moment. It was way too big for one, and might be an unth too big for the other.

Anyway, the Nvision makers claim their pack is 136mm long. The makers of my Intellect Pioneering battery claim theirs is 138.5mm long. You can see why I went for the Nvision - it said it was smaller.

However, after measuring with digital calipers, it turns out that the IP battery is 136.6mm and the NVision is 138.8mm.

Big fat bummer! I'm disappointed, but I'll be able to use the new battery in more modern buggies - it fits snuggly in my DT03, for example. What to try next. When Modelsport get some Cores in, I'll get one of those.

• Like 1

A slightly frustrating delivery for me today. I thought I'd try out one of those Nvision Sport Lipo stick packs so I ordered one from Germany. It arrived very quickly which I was pleased about, so set to work, testing it in two cars I use at the moment. It was way too big for one, and might be an unth too big for the other.

Anyway, the Nvision makers claim their pack is 136mm long. The makers of my Intellect Pioneering battery claim theirs is 138.5mm long. You can see why I went for the Nvision - it said it was smaller.

However, after measuring with digital calipers, it turns out that the IP battery is 136.6mm and the NVision is 138.8mm.

Big fat bummer! I'm disappointed, but I'll be able to use the new battery in more modern buggies - it fits snuggly in my DT03, for example. What to try next. When Modelsport get some Cores in, I'll get one of those.

I could have told you that. I also bought an nvision 2S lipo stickpack some time ago and it didn't fit any of my vintage Tamiya cars so i got rid of it and bought an RCPlus 2S stickpack that fits oall of them.

I could have told you that. I also bought an nvision 2S lipo stickpack some time ago and it didn't fit any of my vintage Tamiya cars so i got rid of it and bought an RCPlus 2S stickpack that fits oall of them.

I wish I'd spoken to you earlier. Still, someone's got to experiment from time to time and pass on the information to others on forums such as this. It's not a total loss. Like I say, it fits into the DT03 quite nicely, and will probably fit in other cars that I buy in the future. Now I know what to avoid - knowledge gained; Never a bad thing.

I got these wheels and tyres today. 8 Stadium/Beetle Blitzer rims and tyres to suit.

For some reason I really like the style of these wheels, I now need to find something to put them on!

imagejpg1-10.jpg

imagejpg1-11.jpg

For some reason, I decided to order several Lego wheels and axles, and those all arrived before my hobby-related orders.

However, last night a set of alloy wheel adapters for my Striker arrived:

iykeif.jpg

I had them fitted to my Striker today. The cracked plastic adapters were still usable, but the alloy upgrade was worthwhile. It probably places less stress on the wheels as it is clear when the rear wheel nuts are sufficiently tightened.

I figure the seller could move more of them if they were not exclusively sold as Fox/NovaFox wheel adapters...

The Range Rover Evoque shell arrived for my TL01 trail/scaler project. Now I have all the bits required to get going with it. Build thread coming soon!

• Like 1

Won this car on another forum. I haven't driven a nitro in a few years, so I'm pretty excited to take this one out for a spin. Expect a video!

20140510_210042_zpshpjlpnab.jpg

• Like 3

A Tamiya to Deans adapter lead. Until I learn to solder I'll need this. My next batteries will all have Deans connectors.

Also 3 x ***** gearbox covers for the Super Astute's TTC. :)

Another BMW March 782. Unfinished state. Will be a nice build.

18265985px.jpg

18265986zb.jpg

18265987me.jpg

• Like 1

I opened a box from the mail today, and suddenly:

2558kup.jpg

5ybzwg.jpg

30js66c.jpg

A new-to-me Striker had come all the way from New Zealand to Canada! It was in very good condition and everything mechanical was there to get it running. It almost makes me sad to make it a parts car, but at least it is one of the best I could ask for!

The setup is as pictured below:

wkpm5i.jpg

It made me think about how while I have several vintage cars, I never ran any of them with a mechanical speed control and an AM radio. Given the complete nature of this example, I am very tempted to plug in a crystal, charge up a battery, bolt my runner Striker's driver head to the upper chassis, and take it for a spin! We will see...

• Like 1

At least give it a run before you dismantle it. It deserves that much.

My X-Car 45A speedo for £6.50:

IMG_2751.jpg

The wrong size Hobbyking servo (came last week) and the correct size 'standard' servo (came today) - £3.50 a piece:

IMG_2752.jpg

Lastly, the stupidly small XR3100 FHSS mini receiver (other objects for size comparison) - £8.99:

IMG_2755.jpg

All I'm waiting on now is my Super Stock BZ motor from Star Viva. That will be my electrics sorted for my XV-01 pro, and all for around £40 all in :)

• Like 1

Let us know how you get on with the ESC. I hope it's a gooden.I'm interested in them, but mostly for my friend who has very little disposable income. Almost all my cars have a different ESC in them and that has to stop. I haven't tried it yet, but the new Hobbywing quicrun might be my ESC of choice from now on. Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of set up buttons and flashing lights.

Is that your first HK3100? And which servo is the wrong one?

Let us know how you get on with the ESC.  I hope it's a gooden.I'm  interested in them, but mostly for my friend who has very little disposable income.  Almost all my cars have a different ESC in them and that has to stop.  I haven't tried it yet, but the new Hobbywing quicrun might be my ESC of choice from now on.  Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of set up buttons and flashing lights.

Is that your first HK3100?    And which servo is the wrong one?

Yep, its my first 3100, yet to try it out.

The mini servo was wrong (could have sworn I ordered a standard one). The larger one is the correct (standard) size.

Ah, right, thanks. It was hard to tell from the picture.

The Hk3100 and Core Code Rx is my fave combo right now. They seem to work well together, and I'll be adding the HK3100 to anything I run in the foreseeable future. I'm glad I took a chance and purchased (my first) one to try it out.

• Like 1

At least give it a run before you dismantle it. It deserves that much.

I will be taking it to a field and giving it a go there - at least there, more room for error exists as opposed to the street where I would otherwise run it... Once I remember where I put my switch grease, I will give it a run.

Unfortunately for me, it looks like the Striker will be the last new acquisition for a while as funds are short.