backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Lipo charging bag an my new turnigy accucel 6 charger. Collected my lipo batteries from post office. Just waiting for power supply now.

Woot! Got my Avid bearings this morning. I've assembled the Clod gearboxes and have only to set up the ESC before installing the steering servo and giving the old bird a whirl. -_-:o

Alas, it seems I am having a bit of difficulty with charging my LiPo (refer to All things Electric thread for details) though. :lol: (sigh), it's never easy, eh?

:D (sigh), it's never easy, eh?

Sure it is!

It's easy to spend money, easy to hit the BIN button on ebay, easy to run up too much debt on your credit card, easy to land in hot water with the wife, easy to fill your basement with Tamiya models, easy to use the kitchen table as a work bench, easy to ruin your dishwasher by cleaning greasy parts, easy to delude yourself that "she who must be obeyed" won't notice the paint fumes when she gets home from work since you just had to paint your new lexan shell in the house ....

I could go on for pages, but you get the point. :rolleyes:

Front tyres arrived today for my Falcon.

They're off a Super Hornet, but will be my runner tyres.

Another step closer to being run! :)

'C' Parts for my runner Falcon.

I should really pull my finger out and start putting this thing back together! :blink:

Just need to fix the front shock towers, then fit the Black Can when it arrives.

'B' Parts for my Shelf Queen Falcon.

Hotshot. Whose your daddy? Hotshot. Woot.

Fortunately there is so much snow on the ground it will be months before I can take it outside for a spin. :blink:

All from RC Channel for my 2010 Sand Scorcher that has yet to arrive.

Sand Scorcher 1 Piece Alloy Wheels

1%20(5).JPG

`

Sand Scorcher Metal Front Bumper

MA58510%20(8).JPG

Sand Scorcher Rear Metal Kit

1_03.JPG

Can't wait to start the build, I've never owned a Sand Scorcher... :blink:

An HPI Switch my gf bought for my birthday (she pretended it was something she'd ordered for herself) Seriously, Tamiya, why aren't your Fiats 210 wb?

Heng Long M1 Abrams 1/24 Tank from Ebay so I can get on with my halftrack project

I got another Tamiya Super Modified 11T motor in the post today! That's going to get cleaned up and put in my Avante 2011 when I finally get round to building it. :rolleyes:

Heng Long M1 Abrams 1/24 Tank from Ebay so I can get on with my halftrack project

Oooh. Please tell me how you're making your tracks! I've been looking at getting mattracks but they just don't do it for me so I've pretty much got my mind set on either building my own tracks from parts or scrapping the idea completely...

no tamiya parts today but i did get a "load" of stuff:

rc10 "modern racer" parts:

ae viper buggy body

rpm rc10t rear hubs

ae factory team gt wide front axels

dynotech "klein" arms, all four

e-flite blade cx3 parts:

micro heli innershaft and alloy upper rotor

e-flite upper alloy bearing and holder

dream heli "indestructable" landing gear

4 sets of e-flite blades

micro heli swashplate

Clod E parts eventually arrived - they'll do for spares , as i sourced another set from Italy with next day delivery 3 weeks ago.

Set of bearings for Blitzer Beetle rebuild

JG Mfg Big Bear Heavy Duty Steering Kit, and Big Bear Front Suspension Stabilizer

And

Option House Front Gold Shocks for my Optima rebuild :(

First time i posted here. Gee i will be posting every day as i get r/c stuff of e bay a lot as its bad addictive habit

Today.

2 Yeah racing Li po hard case packs

2 Johson motors for vintage racing in stock. ( slow)

I got this in the post today!

skikit.jpg

I'm kinda happy because I've also heard that there's a very good chance we'll have snow this weekend! Probably won't happen or it won't be enough to use these properly but I've got my fingers crossed. B)

I got this in the post today!

skikit.jpg

I'm kinda happy because I've also heard that there's a very good chance we'll have snow this weekend! Probably won't happen or it won't be enough to use these properly but I've got my fingers crossed. B)

100% sweet, never seen or heard of those before so I too hope you get snow and can report back. Looks like a ball of fun!

Blitzer Beetle shell (considerably better quality moulding than the one i had to bin at the weekend), P parts and rear tyres from europro - Cheers

Bought some TS GunMetal and Clear paint at lunchtime - can't decide whether to leave the shell black or go gunmetal ??

Yesterday the kind people at Sausage Dog (awsome service by the way) sent me an M06, a beetle body set, a new scorcher body set (fancy a chance from current box art look), gold M chassis rims (although these might stay in the box as I also have some alloy 4 spoke!). Then today arrived the hard case lipo 4000mah 2s 20C from Giant Cod (£20, bargain)

Just need the 3300kv EZrun from ebayer now and I'm ready to build. I never start a build until I have everything I need to complete, sad I know but an old habit.

My R1 landed on the office desk this morning, together with some small hop-up parts and some tasty sweets. Many thanks to Fusion Hobbies :D

PBM 3x full length srb chassis 2x bumpers from Radshaperc on ebay, I know I could of gone direct but the but it now button got me! :( Really quick to get here. They look like quality parts, will be getting them on in April if all goes to plan. Nice one Sideways.

WDTPBY?

Cheers skywhelp