backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I finally get post something in this section... My Neo Faclon arrived so now its the Falcon & Stadium Raider to come :lol:

I finally get post something in this section... My Neo Faclon arrived so now its the Falcon & Stadium Raider to come :lol:

Yay! :D

Got my new Stadium Thunder body & decal kit, best part is they shipped it in the original ST box :lol:

I got my latest package from jr-rc:

1 x 53084 - 6029 Square Spike Rear Tires (1 Pair)

2 x 53943 - 3x46mm Hard Turnbuckle Shaft (2pcs.)

1 x 53944 - 3x50mm Hard Turnbuckle Shaft (2pcs.)

2 x 50596 - 5mm Adjuster (6pcs.)

It was kinda strange. I'd ordered these only a few days ago for a TL01B project I'd shelved and I just thought about working on it today. I pulled out the chassis and was building it up when these squeezed through my letterbox. Methinks that's fate calling... except the 50mm shafts aren't quite long enough! :lol:

This morning, yes that's correct, Sunday morning!, my order of Reely wheels n tyres arrived. Tyres are very soft and will definitely need glueing to the rims. Great value though :rolleyes:

reelyblackdishrimsntyres.jpg

Well it was not today that I received it but friday. I received an empty box (well when I say empty it had some bubble wrap and a rock in it). It was supposed to be my df03ra lancer evo kit and a civic bodyset.

This was from dinball in hong kong they have been notified and they are looking into it. So it seems that some theiving toe rag has pinched my items on route to my house.

I am not happy to tell you the least.

Well it was not today that I received it but friday. I received an empty box (well when I say empty it had some bubble wrap and a rock in it). It was supposed to be my df03ra lancer evo kit and a civic bodyset.

This was from dinball in hong kong they have been notified and they are looking into it. So it seems that some theiving toe rag has pinched my items on route to my house.

:P

Mate, I hope you get that sorted quick smart!

I've heard of this before, a guy sold a 200mm nitro chassis, boxed it up and posted to the purchaser, box looked ordinary upon arrival, and guess what, no car or parts in the box.

that's terrible!

i've bought a few items from dinball and all have been ok

that's terrible!

i've bought a few items from dinball and all have been ok

Indeed, but thats one of the problems with buying overseas - the customs declarations tells everyone within spitting distance of a package whats inside ! Unless companies use secrity tape to parcel, its very easy for anyone to open a package and resecure it with generic parcel tape. As the buyer, all you generally do on receipt is check the general condition of the box, barely ever does anyone ask the delivery driver to wait until the contents have been checked .

My Rit Dye arrived today.... now to have my first try at dyeing some plastic parts :D

wish me luck

oh, good luck with that!

yesterday i got HPI TE37 wheels through and a set of Impreza H-parts and decals.

Best of Luck KalEl63, Im going to be doing that soon too :D

Postie brought me a Wild One last friday (which I didn't hesitate to strip clean and rebuild), and a complete blitzer beetle body from a kiwi TC Member, a King Cab Chassis from the UK ;) Got top force decals while in Hastings yesterday.

Still waiting on a couple more things :P

P1000641.jpg

P1000625.jpg

P1000632.jpg

My metric tap set and some 2.5mmm drill bits have just dropped through my letterbox so now I can get on and do the oldfrogshot mod to my Mud Blaster.

Some nice arrivals for you guys this week :D

Sorry to hear that mate, this sort of stuff really angers me. Hope it get sorted asap

Berman - that Wild One looks in fantastic condition - its on my "to do" list as it was the first RC car I had.

Postie brought me a Vanquish this morning. It was being sold as part of a job lot of RC cars, planes and boats. I offered £50 for it - there was also a Clod and I think a Thundershot which I offered £100 for all three but the guy declined (the whole lot sold for less)

Its hardly been used! The orginal tyres are still on, almost unmarked but sadly perished and cracked. All the electrical gear is inside too. Just really needs a clean and a new shell.

Will post up pics tonight - is £50 a good deal for a mint Vanquish?? I was a bit worried it was too much and it would arrive knackered.

Will post up pics tonight - is £50 a good deal for a mint Vanquish?? I was a bit worried it was too much and it would arrive knackered.

Sounds like a bargain to me mate!

Sounds like a bargain to me mate!

Well, theres one on ebay now for quite a bit more than this one so I think I've been lucky here.

med_gallery_1222_96_101777.jpg

med_gallery_1222_96_94170.jpg

The chassis looks worse than it actually is. Only a few scratches, it's just dirty - stinks of fags mind.

med_gallery_1222_96_98702.jpg

I'm pretty sure these are the box tyres. They are hardly marked but sadly perished.

med_gallery_1222_96_24390.jpg

Fortunately, the tyres are not glued to the rims so just need some new tyres. A new shell and a rebuild and she'll be a minter. Looked in the inspection hatches and the front gears are a little dirty but the rear diff gears look fresh.

postie just dropped of a new 2010 stadium blitzer re-re.

the bearings haven't arrived yet.

the mrs. is going out tonite, so i may have to rob the bearings out of my new built frog.

the perfect time to build kits is when she's out, then she won't know about it. lol

neil, that wild one is very nice. the WO was my first proper rc and some day i hope mr tamiya re-re's it.

i got mine used back in the day and would love to build one up from scratch.

I got another set of wheels for my Avante (to have some other runners instead of the DF03's), a bag of Clod Buster pressed parts (so that I can assemble my second Clod body) and some used TA04 spares.

CIMG0976.jpg

Another order from jr-rc :D

CIMG0978.jpg

Some used TA04 bits

Berman - that Wild One looks in fantastic condition - its on my "to do" list as it was the first RC car I had.

Thanks Eddscott, I wouldn't say fantastic, but she is pretty tidy for its age, nothing I cant try fixing! :D

You did well on that Vanquish! Shame about the tyres, are these the same as the avante re-re? Otherwise, STEAL! :lol:

postie just dropped of a new 2010 stadium blitzer re-re.

the bearings haven't arrived yet.

the mrs. is going out tonite, so i may have to rob the bearings out of my new built frog.

the perfect time to build kits is when she's out, then she won't know about it. lol

neil, that wild one is very nice. the WO was my first proper rc and some day i hope mr tamiya re-re's it.

i got mine used back in the day and would love to build one up from scratch.

I think you will like the Stadium Blitzer as far as a basic stadium truck goes, it's funny, because I'm just building my Blitzer beetle and I robbed the bearings out of my pumpkin hahaha.

Thanks mate, few more bits n pieces and she'll run, looking forward to taking her to the beach. If they re-re it, I would have to be quick on the buzzer as with everyone else with a wild one trying to score a new chassis though!