backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Nice.. can yoiu still get parts for these to rebuild them? I have I think 2 maybe 3 of these that need it

Not sure to be honest, I think this one will sit in the car on the shelf, and the kit motor will go in for some basic running

Cheers

Not sure to be honest, I think this one will sit in the car on the shelf, and the kit motor will go in for some basic running

Cheers

Funny you should Post this as I had a happy surprise today as well. The Optima I picked up on the bay came with one of these fitted. (I couldn't see the motor in the auction pics)

Yokomo MR-4TC Custom.

utf-8BSU1HMDA1NzctMjAxMTA0MjItMTMwMy5qcGc.jpg

Running a Team Trinity Chameleon 19T Motor + Nosram Intenational forward only ESC

It came with a load of spare wheels, motors, esc and other parts, most of which have gone back on fleebay :)

Cool,

When I got back into racing, the first buggy was an MR4BC. Really good little car. I bought the SD for touring and never got on with it - the one with the white carbon. In these cold climes, the mearest nudge of the arms against anything solid and they'd just snap.

Cool,

When I got back into racing, the first buggy was an MR4BC. Really good little car. I bought the SD for touring and never got on with it - the one with the white carbon. In these cold climes, the mearest nudge of the arms against anything solid and they'd just snap.

Cheers, yeah I've seen the SD, I assume the mr4tc is a bit more solid then?

Would you believe that I've been into RC cars since the late 80's and this is the first Yokomo I've actually owned?

These so i can now build my Avante that I've been looking at in the box for 3 weeks... and now its 25 degrees out... :)

84199.jpg

I got 3 parcels delivered today… few more to come hopefully over the next few days so I can start building some cars :)

I got 3 parcels delivered today… few more to come hopefully over the next few days so I can start building some cars :lol:

Nice! :)

Pin shaft for drive cups arrived today for Falcon#2.

Bearings arrived last week, so tempted to put the gearbox back together, and start on the rest of the car.

Baby due any day now, but I might wait, so I've got somthing to do in the labour room! ;)

Not sure what my wife will think? :lol:

:D:P

KBF rear end arrived today from our very own Twinset.

Cheers Andy!

Will be bolting this on to another ORV chassis that I had kicking around (I've found 3 so far!) modifying the front suspension tower and fitting a beetle shell (surprise, surprise :lol:) for a kinda Blitzer-esque low rider Monster Beetle. I have a feeling this is going to be a bit of a beastie.

Updates in showroom once complete ;)

Pin shaft for drive cups arrived today for Falcon#2.

Bearings arrived last week, so tempted to put the gearbox back together, and start on the rest of the car.

Baby due any day now, but I might wait, so I've got somthing to do in the labour room! :P

Not sure what my wife will think? :lol:

:lol::lol:

All the very best of luck with the new arrival. I have number 2 on the way any day now too :) Best you try not to think about Tamiya too much at the moment, being Dad is far more important!

I am still waiting on Australia Post for items that left Hong Kong on 20th April :lol: I think the baby might get here first.

Nice surprises greated me at my desk this morning..

King Blackfoot rolling chassis from twinset

Madcap rear hubs for my Astute rebuild

Hopefully at home tonight will be some new shelving for the garage to house my ever growing collection, and a shell for the KBF from seben racing. Brushless system on route from HK too - feels like Xmas lol!!

Three FF01s arrived today from the US. One fully upgraded with CF chassis and lots of alloy that will get a HPI Ford Cougar body. One mildly upgraded with the limited edition white suspension that will get a Tamiya Ford Focus body. And the last one is stock and will get a Tamiya Ford Mondeo body (when I find one at the right price).

These are my first FF01 kits. I thought the bodies deserved to have the front wheel drive chassis under them.

Still waiting on some TopCad alloy wheels and 3Racing faker brake discs/calipers for the Cougar. Bling Bling :lol:

I got my 3 Lipo's and charger today :)

photo.jpg

I'm still waiting for my charger. :lol:

Did you slip a few extra bucks under the table via paypal? :lol:

All the very best of luck with the new arrival. I have number 2 on the way any day now too :lol: Best you try not to think about Tamiya too much at the moment, being Dad is far more important!

I am still waiting on Australia Post for items that left Hong Kong on 20th April :) I think the baby might get here first.

Number 2 on the way for me also! :D

All the best for your new little one too! ^_^

Rod bag for Falcon#2 arrived today.

And some parts for New Built Falcon Shelf Queen. (Falcon#3? :lol: )

I'm getting there, albeit slowly. B)

I think I might go for a number 2 also.

I'm still waiting for my charger. :lol:

Did you slip a few extra bucks under the table via paypal? :)

No, came from the NSW warehouse.

Good luck guys with the babies on the way hope they all go well.... my wife wants #2 but.... :lol:

No, came from the NSW warehouse.

Good luck guys with the babies on the way hope they all go well.... my wife wants #2 but.... :lol:

When I was looking, the NSW warehouse was out of stock.

Must've got new stock in the couple of days between us placing our orders.

Oh well. :lol:

Yep thats what happened. but I had to slpit my order between AUS and International WH's so still waiting for more stuff from HK.

Yep thats what happened. but I had to slpit my order between AUS and International WH's so still waiting for more stuff from HK.

Next pay I'll order some LiPo's.

Then I'll be cranking! :lol:

Another day another delivery…. I am going to miss this when everything finally comes in.

One step closer to having everything for the TRF201 to start that build. The slim wheels and tires and rear tyres for it. The imperial bearing arrived the other day so just waiting on the imperial front axles, version 1 body and wing.

5 days and 5 deliveries…. That is a record for me. Some parts for the TRF201 and a metal pinion for the DT-02 B)

Interesting though as I ordered this stuff 6 days after some other stuff for the TRF from the same place and I haven’t seen it yet and this means I still can’t get the TRF build underway. Hope this isn’t lost in mail like the vintage Falcon I won and now has a trace going with Austpost to see if they can find it. :)

Hope this isn’t lost in mail like the vintage Falcon I won and now has a trace going with Austpost to see if they can find it. B)

Gday Mate, Good luck with recovering the lost Falcon. It's pathetic that you can track items all the way to departure and then once they arrive in Oz they just vanish. You can't even track registered mail here, Booo.

Postie just delivered DT02 wheels and turnbuckles so I can commence with the Madstute/DT02 hybrid and also at long last my damper top seals for the Hi-Caps for the Egress. TRF Damper Oil Seal 53576 appears to be the same as the original so fingers crossed there.

Post is weird at the moment. Recently recieved allo knuckles, C-hubs and steel CVDs for my Dirt Thrasher, all from the same HK seller. The CVDs arrived in 6 days, the rest took nearly a month! Still waiting for a FS GT2 radio I ordered on 12th April :)

But the good news is that most of the parts have arrived for my carnaged Slash - new chassis, hinge pins, red alloy steering turnbuckles and a red STRC alloy front bulkhead - love that shiny red alloy B)